Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Fishing for Fortune
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Evening friends!

You may have recently noticed a new pair of approved custom model profiles, one of them being my Tuskarr, Akoni. While I’m planning to use him in casual and event-based RP, I did have another idea surrounding him, and it involves IC currency.

Essentially, I’m seeking to use him as an IC vendor for your vendortrash. More specifically, fish. It works out quite well, of course, due to the fact that no vendors actually sell the items obtained through it half the time. I’m planning to have him idling about in Booty Bay or whichever port is most inhabited at the moment. When he isn’t looking for adventurers to go out and chase lobsters or crabs or go wrestle a shark he’ll be open for trading fish and fish related accessories in return for IC currency—some prices ranging from 20 copper to a whole gold for the right product (which is something you’ll have to figure out on your own, of course).

Though as a forewarning I will check where the fish comes from before deciding a price for a ware, so if it's a vendor bought item expect to get a copper in return!

I’m also thinking of some IC fishing tournaments, of course accomplished with OOC mechanics because, well…

Idunno. Would it really be that different?

I think that gets the idea across, at the least. Hopefully this will provide an outlet for some cash, since fish aren’t exactly the hardest commodity to obtain in bulk. The only thing limiting me here is that I plan for him to have a certain cut off after receiving X amount of one kind of fish, since otherwise people could grind up on high level fishies and the gold-priced commodities and end up rich in a day, heh.

Anyways, that’s my spill! Not a rambling tirade this time, so that’s a nice change of pace I believe.

Happy fishing! Leave your thoughts, comments, and ideas below.
Tuskarr can't leave Northrend or else they overheat and die.
Aye.

Which is something I covered in the profile; basically magical enchantments.

This was stated on the custom model profile, so if there was an issue with such a matter I'm sure Kret would have spoken up. :u
Rigley and I were discussing that claim when the character was being created. Do you have a source?
Oh, I believe it's a valid thing-- there's a reason why I specifically made mention of the enchantment, heh.
I remember trying to do something like this with Jarntol. Had the basics of a fishing roll event made out, if you want. May've forgotten/lost it, though.
Ah, no. I'm essentially having it be 'produce for me X amount of Y fish', fished up from the actual in game skill. I don't think that's too bad, especially when you consider that you could easily RP and do the fishing skill at the same time.

Heck, I've been doing it for the last hour or so c:

I like this idea mostly because there's quite a few things you can sell, and fishing RP might not be a bad thing for some people to do if they enjoy a chat with friends alongside it.
/nod. Fair enough.
Hello again!

I believe I'll be holding a fishing tournament tomorrow! It will begin at 2:00PM and end... whenever. The first two contest winners will receive special prizes and gold, with all other attendees receiving some cash for the effort!

This is based on the actual fishing skill, and the desired catch will be named at the start of the event to prevent catching beforehand.

Prizes will be:

1st place- 1 gold 50 silver, along with a Tuskarr Kite and your choice of a mastercraft jeweled or bone fishing pole.
2nd place- 1 gold and a Tuskarr Kite
3rd and later until tournament conclusion- 60 silver

Link to the prizes on WoWhead for reference:
http://www.wowhead.com/item=45992
http://www.wowhead.com/item=45991
http://www.wowhead.com/item=49287
A bump, for those who didn't see this advert last night!

Of course I won't be bumping just for the sake of it; for those attending the event will be in Booty Bay, refer to the post above for specifics of the awards and times.

On a new note, I'll be giving out lures to assist everyone in upping their chances at a catch. Those with 100 fishing are eligible to receive a Sharpened Fish Hook (+100 fishing), and those without a Shiny Bauble (+25).

Those are of course free of charge; just ask the Tuskarr once the event has begun.
Can the date/time change so as not to conflict with the party?

(Posted from teh phonez)
(10-16-2011, 09:15 AM)Kretol Wrote: [ -> ]Can the date/time change so as not to conflict with the party?

(Posted from teh phonez)

I'd be happy to actually choose a spot right by the party, as to increase attendance!

That's if I can get in contact with Immy before she starts running the event.

I will go ahead and cancel today, though-- if this will be run it will run in conjunction with the party (if at all possible), but if not I'll post a later date, likely Tuesday or such.

EDIT: Though due to the layout of the party already having been rather laid out this is unlikely. Not a problem, apologies for the goof on my part.
... I'm tempted to make a villain for this who's just a pro angler with a 'tude.

>.>
Fishing for Fortune has been canceled for today (10/18/11) due to lack of attendance; I'll likely try again on Friday at 4:00PM. Hopefully this will be on a better hour/date for more people to attend!
I think I'll bump this. Would anyone be interested if I were to start hosting these occasionally?
Pages: 1 2