Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've only been playing WoW for a little less than two years. As a WoW player, I'm something like relaxed hardcore, if that makes any sense. I love the challenges, love min-maxing, love getting the best gear and doing the best things with it. But for all of that I'm way more laid-back than most hardcore players. Wipes don't bother me, I just laugh if I get crushed in PvP, and I like to remember it's just a game and nothing worth being upset over. It's all for fun.

I've been roleplaying for about 10 years (21 now, started when I was 12), mostly just through AIM and a couple forums. I don't have a whole ton of experience with any actual game or system, just playing through stories with my friends.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Born and raised in Pennsylvania, USA. English is my first language, and I know just the smallest bit of German too.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Blizzard. Diablo and Starcraft were my first real games ("real" here meaning not a platformer for children) and I've eaten up everything they've released since. I was wary of WoW because I knew I'd adore it and it'd consume my life, but after years and years of avoiding it I finally tried the free trial and was proven correct. Since then I've been hopping around private servers trying to find one that sticks.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I have a couple friends who play here, they want me to give it a shot, might as well.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I don't really have too much experience with anything outside of just playing through storylines with friends, no systems or rules or anything. Our stories range from romance to action to anything else, so as for the content of the play I enjoy everything.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Dwarf/Warrior. Orcs are a close second, but the lore of the Dwarves manages to edge them out. Dwarves have my favorite lore of all the races, everything from the Earthen being afflicted with the Curse of Flesh all the way to The Council of Three Hammers. Aside from lore I've always loved Dwarves in any setting, not just WoW. Beards, booze, fighting and fun. Dwarves.

As for warriors, that's always been my class in everything. Nothing compares to getting up close and beating/cutting/stabbing something to death with a giant weapon. Except maybe smacking it in the face with an oversized shield. Which brings me to tanking. I love tanking, and I think it feels better with a warrior than with anything else. No other class in any game I've played has given me a sense of being an invincible wall of armor quite like WoW-warriors (this is where I thank my healers <3).

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect it to be fun, outside of that I have no idea.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Keyboard skills. I should be used to it by now but I still cringe whenever I see something like "lol can u hlp i ned to do qwest"

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The dark-haired boy pushed through the curtains in the doorway, his head held low. He clutched an old brown shoebox, corners frayed with the wear of age. It shifted slightly as he set it down on the table in front of an old woman, who eyed it with suspicion. What had he brought home this time? She lifted the lid of the box just enough to see the creature inside, a small imp with bristly black fur and a tiny mouth full of deceptively dangerous fangs. It was docile for now, occupied with the carcass of a field mouse used as bait. The old woman let the lid fall, turning her eyes to the boy who still stood in front of the table. He stared at the floor, letting his long bangs shield him from the crone's gaze.

"This is what you brought? A pixie?" her shrill voice rang with disgust and disappointment. "I ask you to find yourself a familiar and you bring back vermin!" She upended the box with a wrinkled hand, setting the imp into a frenzy as it fell upon the boy. Screams echoed through the alleys outside while the creature tore at the child's face, needle-point claws stabbing and rending. Finally the old woman stood, banishing the imp with the point of a crooked finger.

"Heed me, child. Any more failures and you'll lose more than just an eye." She left the room, leaving the boy to curl up on the hard floor. He held both hands over the now-empty socket, shaking with pain and tears until exhaustion took him and he fell unconcious.
Hello there DoctorSyrup, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

Thank you for the story!
A dwarf fan, how rare!

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
HEEEY BROOOO GOOD TO SEE YA!
Broooooooo <3