Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Greetings all! I first found myself interested in video games when I got to play on my first video game-console which was from SEGA. Long after that I got my PC and started loving video games even more than before. The games I've enjoyed the most are made by Blizzard, and yes World of Warcraft is one of my favourites. Infact I was so addicted to it back at the Vanilla times that I can't even remember doing anything else than playing WoW back then.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the UK, my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Well, Warcraft: Orcs & Humans was one of the first games I played when I got my PC. I bought all the other series of the franchise afterwards.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
Heard and saw some good stuff about RP in WoW and I decided to give it a try. Searched on Google and this was one of the first results that popped up.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Tavern mostly.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Favourite race would be: Undead (Forsaken), because most of them have two different stories of their lives, one while living (probably a good and peaceful life) and the other one, which is after their death and reanimation (probably turning into something quite different from their past selves). I just love that changing factor, kind of builds a character better.

My favourite class: Any kind of caster class, I just love spells.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Only good things and experiences.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The Maturity part.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
The sun had almost set, filling everything in its range with red and yellow colors. There was a very silent and weak wind going through the land, making a quiet reminder of the coming cold and bitter night. There was an old man sitting on a wooden bench and a little house was nearby. Barely fighting the urge to sleep he took a look to a nearby pebble road and every minute or so went for a short nap. When he woke up for the sixth time he felt a cold wind, mixed with falling rain and thunder. He took a last look to the road as he was getting up from the bench and saw an approaching figure through the heavy rain. He raised his brows and put a surprised expression on his face. As the figure came closer the sound of hooves, reinforced by metal hitting the pebbles could be heard. The old man approached the figure and they both stopped at about a meter distance of eachother. The figure appeared to be a brown horse with a hooded man with black, dark robes riding it. The horse made a loud cry as the old man approached the rider.

"So, you finally decided to come back home, sonnie?" -said the old man.

"Excuse me for being so late, father. My assignment today took me more time than I expected" -the hooded rider replied.

"Well, are you gonna tell me how it all went?" -the old man asked.

"Sure. Let's just get inside, I don't like the look of this raging storm" -the rider answered.

The rider tied his horse next to the old man's house and the men went inside. Upon entry the hooded man felt the smell of herbs and the warmth of the little cozy fire, that the old man had started hours ago. He quickly took the soaked hood and robes off and sat on an old wooden chair next to a table. He took out a satchel containing a large black book. The old man came next to the table and put down two glasses of tea as he sat down on a chair on the opposite side of the table. The younger man opened the large black book as the older lit a candle on the table. As the younger one went through the many papers of the book slowly the old man looked at him and said:

"So you finally learned it, eh?" -he asked. The younger man paused passing through the book and said:

"Yes, I did." -he replied. With tears from his eyes the old man jumped from his chair, went next to him and gave him a strong hug, while saying:

"All those years of training and hope finally gave the wanted result! I've never doubted you, my son!" -he quickly went to a more serious expression after he said those words and told his son:

"Show me!"

The younger man stood up from the chair, pushed away his father slowly and went to a clear spot in the room. He took up his book and started reading slowly. The next few minutes only incantations were heard and then finally a pure pink spark appeared in the room, a bit above the young man's head. As he was still reading the incantations the pink figure became bigger and bigger, starting to look like a rotating circle filled with demonic symbols. Around his feet appeared a big pink circle, also rotating and with dark looking symbols on it. And finally after speaking the last letters of the last word in the incantation a dark figure appeared out of thin air. It soon began taking form as the two men stepped back and screamed in horror. It had horns and a tail like a demon, sharp teeth like a lion and yellow glowing eyes... it was a little imp!

"Seriously?! That's it?" -the old man shouted.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
No, there is not.
Hello there Animp, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

I like your avatar, despite being not entirely sure why. It reminds me of something I've seen before, I think.
Thank you for the story, also.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.