Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: You're Still Needed [RC]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Juna laid sprawled across the circle, a small piece of chalk in her hand, worn down by the constant use of it to create the altar necessary for what the farseer had in mind. She drew intricate patterns and drawings depicting Kagrune's accomplishments in life, and showing everything good about him. An hour passed, Duron and Madugo standing off to the side, watching silently and patiently. After all, they were acquainted with the pair of orcs as well. Juna, with her powers back, stood up from her work after hours of painstaking efforts, and looked over her work. So minute were the details that she could not help but take pride in her work. She walked carefully to the center of the circle, where she had placed a mound of dirt as a sort of pedestal (for the Azshara Crater did not lack in dirt). She slowly set down the last remaining bit of Kagrune, one unceremoniously sawed off fang, on the mound of soil. She stared at it longingly before she shook her head and walked to the edge of the circle, and turned to face the fang. She closed her eyes and began to chant to the ancestors for aid.

~~~

Kagrune looked around the cave, watching as an eerie blue light filled the crevices of it, despite there being no light source but the sun, flowing in at either end of the cave, where two mirror entrances stood. At one end, he could see Nagrand, before Draenor was torn asunder. He could see it all, and knew it was peaceful. He could spend all eternity on an eternal hunt for the talbuk, and all he had to do was turn around and walk towards that light, with rolling grass fields and never ending peace. So peaceful, so calm.

Kagrune shook his head. No. He was waiting for the other entrance to darken, so that he might enter. Currently, it stood as a doorway twice his size and twice as wide as him, and from it flowed blinding light, as if one were staring directly into the sun. Kagrune sighed, and sat against one of the walls of the cave, every few moments casting a glance towards the bright light. He had important things waiting for him on the other side. First, and arguably the most important one, was Juna Spiritcaller. He had recently realized he had feelings for the orc, and as he had learned the day prior, she needed him as well. But then there was their new clan, the Wildhunt Clan. They had yet to decide what their objective in life was, as a new clan, but they knew they'd figure it out. Kagrune smiled at the thought of all the good memories to come.

"Kagrune." a voice echoed through the cave, and Kagrune turned his head to the other entrance, the one leading to where all his ancestors rested. A familiar and similar looking orc stood in it, watching Kagrune. "Kagrune, are you ready?"

"Father... I don't know. I know I'm needed, but... I don't know. This is a paradise, father, and I've been through five separate wars. I don't see why I can't finally be given peace." he frowned, his gaze wandering between his feet.

"I understand how you feel, my son." the father tread slowly over to his son, and put an arm around him. "I understand, but I also know that you did not die a death worthy of yourself. You are more than that, to be slain by a deceiver and have your chapter in the book come to an end. Despite how much you've done for our people already... there's still more for you to do. Terrible things come for the people of Azeroth, and it needs every hero it can get. It's needs more Kagrunes, mmm?" he chuckled.

Kagrune smiled, looking up at his father. "You know, I've so much to ask you, father. Perhaps you can fill me in on so many questions, and make me smart with the wisdom of the ancestors. I have died, so would I not be allowed to know these ancient secrets passed down from ancestor to ancestor?"

His father shook his head, smiling. "There is no time, Kagrune. These brief few moments have been hours in the realm of the living. Look." he pointed to the other doorway opposite of him. Kagrune turned his head. The bright curtain of light had begun to dim, and a form could be made out, a small shadow behind the wall of brightness. As it shimmered, it reduced itself, until there was a clear picture; Juna, eyes closed, chanting endlessly, pausing every few seconds for a breath. Kagrune smiled sadly at her. He turned to his father, who only nodded. Silently, Kagrune embraced his sire, who returned the hug. Still silent, Kagrune then walked to the doorway. He stopped just short of it, took a deep breath, and took a step through, and into a new life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Killer: Shalis
Resurrect-er: Juna

Short-term Effects:

Weak - Kagrune will be unable to fight for awhile, as he must recover from that whole death thing.

Hatred of Night Elves - For a short while, Kagrune will refuse to have any friendly relations with night elves. After all, being killed by one turns you off to them.

Long-term Effects:

Untrusting of Night Elves - He'll get over his hatred, but it'll be a very long time before he can get over what happened to him.

Memories of Paradise - Kagrune might slip into bouts of sadness, after having experienced the paradise that awaits him after death with his ancestors. He'll always wonder when he can return there.

Permanent Effects:

Reckless - Kagrune has escaped the clutches of death. He will be less inclined to worry about death, now that he knows that it is not always final.

No longer terrified of Death - Kagrune used to be terrified of dying. Not anymore.