Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Add Guitar Model.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

A few others and mwa ( :P ) have come up with an idea to broaden our RP experience, and we'd like your contribution and comments about it, GM's and Rp'ers alike.

We're wondering would it be possible if a guitar model was added to the model list, possibly several different types like an accoustic or a Japanese style guitar (watch The Forbidden Kingdom :P)

I personally an not sure on the modeling/skinning/adding into server part of it, which is why I brought the idea to this forum.

Well, what about it guys? Add some feedback :D
Well, Xerthach's dance animation would LOVE it.. Teheheheh..
Agreed over here, this would add to our RP experience..
Pweeeese :P
Is it even possible though? I doubt it.
Unless it's available in-game on live servers (to players or NPCs), then no, it's not. The L70ETC NPCs appear to be an entirely specialized mesh--even if we could extract their instruments, player characters would not hold them correctly. As far as a "Japanese-style guitar", keep in mind that the world the characters exist in is Azeroth; there is no Japan.
It's also possible if:
  • Someone is willing to build one and make a patch out of it using MyWarcraftStudio
  • Someone is willing to add the DBC files to the server files
  • Players are willing to add a special patch for the server
That's a lot of trouble.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, it's pretty illegal to put custom models / models altering patches server-side for WoW.