Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The "Dear Boss" Letters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Spoiler:
After some consideration, I've decided to just take down the Torr storyline altogether, although this story will reach only a pseudo-conclusion so that "Torr" can still be encountered. Essentially, this story is meant to do the following:

1.) Explain how and why Jami has left Thunder Bluff after Thragash and the Ashrune Pact had her hide there from Torr, an unknown warlock who has been kidnapping people and draining their souls

2.) Provide some character development for the characters involved as a basis for storyline RP

3.) To avoid "auto-RPing" (RPing with myself) by, instead, letting all my ideas out at once in written story form

This is assuming that mail in WoW is sent through those floating portals you often see on some mailboxes (and how you can pick up your mail anywhere regardless of your location). If you feel this does not make sense or that there is lore explanation behind how mail works in WoW, feel free to comment.

Letters written by certain individuals are colored by the following:

Tibalan
Kapre
Torr
Bastos
Jami
Urameil

Also, feedback is appreciated.

Thank you for reading.

===

The following are all written in Orcish.

Day 1

Quote:Dear boss,

My sister say I work on orcish better if I write more. I write what happen in bloodhoof village.

I find jami in village. Mother shoo her out. Jami say something bad and Mother got mad. I talk to rodber hodber hodeber darf friend back in ratchet. Darf is husband of jami. I help jami hide from warlock.

I am strong. I help jami hide from warlock and Mother. Tell darf friend jami is safe.

Your frend,

Tibalan of the earthhand

Quote:Dear Tibalan,

I am glad you've decided to practice your Orcish in written form. So far, your grammar still needs some work, as does your spelling. Ask your sister to continue to tutor you in your Orcish, and hopefully you'll improve greatly. You're doing a good job so far, and I'm very proud of you.

I am also glad you've decided to help my friends Hrodebert (that is how his name is spelled) and Jami. I have no idea what Torr wants with her. I know he wants me for the fact I am a cowardly draenei and that, somehow, he knows very private information about me. There is still much about Torr I do not know. As much as I'd like to ask of you to investigate, I really don't want you to go any further into this situation. Torr is powerful. The lot of us are guessing he's an orc, based on the fact he can lift my weight and his back is hunched. I know your people have strong disdain for practitioners of the fel, so I'm pretty sure they'll be on the alert should Torr make any attempts to get near Jami. For now, all I ask of you is to watch her and keep her company. If you hear of anything suspicious going on, please tell me. I can forward any messages you have for Hrodebert, so don't worry about writing in Common.

May the Earthmother guide your path, dear friend. Don't do anything you'll regret.

Your friend and boss,

Kapre.
Day 2

Jami is in my home. She is changing my chairs and rugs a lot. My house is look as a Elf house. What do I do?

-Tibalan

Seems like she's trying to redecorate your home. Maybe she wants to feel at home, as she anticipates being away for a long time. Don't be alarmed. Try to make her feel comfortable.

I know you love to cook. Maybe introduce her to some Tauren cooking. Jami is a very open person and loves learning about other people. I'm sure you two will be good friends.

By the way, I'm resending your letters with grammatical changes to what your wrote. Hopefully this will be used to improve your Orcish. I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Good luck to you and Jami, and tell her that she and her husband are in my thoughts and prayers.

--Kapre

Sent only four hours later.....

She eat all the kodo meat. She is hungry still. Small elf eat very lot. All elves eat this lot?

-Tibalan

Three hours after the last letter...

That's quite unusual, given how Jami is smaller than most elves I know. Maybe she just has a very uniquely large appetite.

Try feeding her like you would another Tauren. At least you won't worry about having any leftovers.

By the way, I'm thinking of having a Hallow's End Couples-Singles Party. I've consulted with other members of The Love Exchange, and many of them are willing to help. I'd like to know if you can, as we'll be having the party near Ratchet. If you cannot, that is all right.

--Kapre

Picked up from a mailbox in Silvermoon...

Quote:Bastos

I have spotted your precious Jami in Ratchet.

I overheard from that high priest friend of hers that she's staying in Thunder Bluff but was having a difficult time finding a temporary home there. I need you to go there and search for her there or at least gather information. We have a lead where she is now.

I still have Anaka with me. She's sleeping soundly as I am writing this letter. If you wish to see her, we can arrange a meeting where I'll have her dropped off. Also, I'd like to know if that Urameil friend of yours is still seeking me out.

--Torr
Day 3

Quote:Hey, Red. Are you still looking for Torr? He's up to stuff again and wants to know if you wish to work with him again.

--Bastos

I will not come to the party. Mother say i stay with her. I stay with jami.

Jami is board. I do not know what to do.

--Tibalan

It's fine you cannot come, and I completely understand. In fact, I'm sure both Jami and Hrodebert will appreciate you sacrificing your time to watch after Jami, as do I. I'd like you to report to me anytime something suspicious happens around where you are. It can be a gut feeling or a real incident. I will forward incidents to Hrodebert.

Try giving Jami projects to work on, or maybe some books to read. Maybe your sisters have some ideas.

Your boss and friend,

Kapre

Quote:To Bastos:

To be quite frank, I've grown bored with Torr. In my encounter with him, his fel energy was beyond what I've encountered before... but his grasp of that energy seems fairly weak. Given how he's likely an orc, I'm guessing he was an Old Horde warlock. Normally this would intrigue me... but learning of his intentions at the time of our last encounter only disappointed me. I was honestly expecting far more.

But... since you said he has interest in me, I'm curious as to know what plans he has. Maybe I'll join him again. Maybe not.

Tell Torr I'm considering rejoining him, but I must know what his plans are first.

-Urameil
Day 4

Quote:Boss,

Urameil says he's considering on rejoining you, but he needs to know your plans first. Maybe you can mail him directly, or I can hand out your letters to him in person.

I've searched Thunder Bluff but cannot find her there. I went there in disguise, as a merchant named Jan. Even then, the Tauren would not give me much information. They said they saw a sin'dorei woman stay around here some, but seeing how clans and guilds are starting to visit with more frequency, seeing blood elves in Thunder Bluff is becoming less and less unusual. I'll keep trying though. I just thought I'd give you a heads up.

I won't be seeing Anaka yet. I'll probably meet her again once I find Jami.

--Bastos

Jami is fine. She is make friends with my sisters. They make nice rugs and charms. Jami wear feathers in hair. She look nice. She is make gifts for hrodbart and aryon.

She eats two whole kodo steaks for one meal. She is hungry still. Jami is silly. She makes me smile.

--Tibalan

I'm glad everything seems to be doing well so far. Right now, we're being rather busy ourselves. I'm preparing for the Hallow's End Couples-Singles Party, which we decided to have take place in Ratchet. I hope to meet up with you soon, if you can spare at least a moment of your time to meet up with me at the tavern there. Your sisters can keep her company for now. Warn them about Torr but leave out the bit where I was held hostage and that Jami is a target.

I'll be seeing you soon.

Your boss and friend,
Kapre

Quote:Bastos:

Look at the nearby villages too. Given how Jami was briefly in Ratchet, it's very possible she decided to relocate.

I've mailed instructions to Urameil to search there. I overhear he's collaborating with Thragash on keeping tabs on Jami, so if he's discovered there, there wouldn't be too much trouble. Meanwhile, you stay in Mulgore and search the surrounding areas there.

Tell me if you ever need to see Anaka.

--Torr

Quote:Urameil:

Search in Ratchet for Jami. If you ever come across anyone who'll question you, just say you're looking for her to apologize for what happened. Or something.

We can arrange a meeting in the near future. Right now, however, I am busy and unable to go anywhere.

--Torr
Day 5

Jami leave bloodhoof village short. Sisters stay with her. Jami almost hurt by wolf. Jami use magic. She is good.

Sisters think Jami go out more. I don't like the idea. What do I do?

--Tibalan

I would imagine Jami is being cramped and bored being holed up in Bloodhoof Village. As much as giving her time to leave the village once in a while would cure her of her boredom, as well as allow her room to breathe, this also puts her in danger of being sought out. Being surrounded by her sisters may deterr any suspicious fellows from approaching her, but it's still a risky move.

I'll mail Hrodebert and give him an update on Jami. For now, keep Jami in Bloodhoof Village for now.

Your Boss and friend,
Kapre

P.S., What are your sisters' names? I don't think I've met them before.

Quote:
Dear boss,

Theyre names are Kaldereta, Sisiga, Nilaga, and Karekarie. They would like to meet you someday. Karekarie too.

--Tibalan

[Common]

Quote:Dear Hrodebert,

Good news on Jami's behalf. She has relocated in Bloodhoof Village and just about befriended Tibalan's sisters Kaldereta, Sisiga, Nilaga, and Karekarie. From what I am told from Tibalan, she is grown accustomed to Shu'halo ways and began adapting. However, there was an incident where she left the village momentarily, albiet within the sisters' care.

Perhaps mailing your wife would allow her some to ease her mind some as she stays with the Tauren. This would allow peace to you too as she stays hidden until Torr is found out.

Your friend,
Kapre.

[Orcish]

So far, no sign of Jami. I'll keep looking.

--Bastos
Quote:Beloved Jami,

How are you holding up? I can not believe it's already been about a month since our secret meeting, and yet you still are not back with me. I hear from Kapre that you are staying with Tibalan's sisters? I pray they keep you safe. I would not stand for all this separation to go to waste after all this time, now.

I am beginning to wonder if all this is even necessary. Torr has fallen off of the face of the world. If he can do that, then what point is there in even hiding? Separated, we suffer; together, we're endangered, but by now the danger is looking more savory. I don't know. I really don't. Maybe I'm becoming selfish in my depression. All I can think about is you. I try to divert my mind, I try fishing, and drinking, and hunting, but it just furthers my misery. I can't stand this. We've become suckered by fear.

But, I do not want to ask anything of you. I need you with me, but I can't ask it of you. I know if you are hurt because of me, it would be a guilt I would never get over. My heart feels torn in two, as it argues with itself. I feel terrible for letting fear control us, and stupid that it's accomplished nothing, yet I also feel dread and loathe to imagine what would happen if we didn't. Do you feel the same way? I don't know if I'd want you to or not. To share in my pain would somehow comfort me, but to know you are happy with your circumstances would as well. I don't know... I just, don't know.

Either way... I hope you at least are making friends. If any good has come of this, you have gotten to meet new people for the first time in years. Once this is done and passed... there will at least be that.

Loving husband,
Your dear Heart.
Day 6

Quote:Dear Heart,

I am beginning to wonder if all this is necessary too. So far, it has been really quiet. Perhaps Torr did decide to back away... or perhaps he is biding his time, waiting for us to let our guard down before he decides to strike. I don't know. I am at ease now that I am within the company of friendly Tauren, but ever since Thragash interrogated Bastos not far from Orgrimmar, I feel no matter where I go, I will be followed. I cannot help but feel scared for not only my life, but yours as well.

I know you are lonely, love. Between the two of you, you can deal with isolation from the world, but not from me. I pray to the Light that your mind will be at ease. I've enclosed a charm I've made when I was with the Earthhand Sisters. It's Shu'halo in design, but I've thrown in a couple of Elven and Dwarvish in it too. You can see it yourself.

I hope this charm will keep us close despite the distance between us. I feel your pain in the words you've written in your letter, and I am sorry this fear and danger is keeping us apart. It will come to pass, my love. Use this time to think and consider what we can do once we are together again.

I've written to Aryeon in hopes he can mediate between the two of us. Perhaps he can do something about Torr that neither of us can do.

Be at ease, dear Hrodebert. Even though we are miles apart, you'll always be in my thoughts and my heart.

Forever in love, your wife,

Jami

Quote:Dear Aryeon,

How is everything? I hope you and your family are doing well. I haven't seen them in a while, and I miss them. I miss everyone, in fact. I've been stuck in Bloodhoof Village for some time now, and though I am making friends, I'd like to be able to see a familiar face again. Perhaps you can visit sometime. I hope to talk about something urgent, and, well, I have a gift for you!

I live in a fairly large tent adjacent to a tall tree shaped like a withered old woman. This is Tibalan Earthhand's home, which he shares with his sisters. You gotta meet all of them! He has the most adorable little sister, hardly old enough to start growing horns. Ah, I love the people I am meeting. The Horde isn't so scary and unfriendly after all.

I look forward to our meeting. Please respond as soon as possible.

Your friend,
Jami

Quote:Torr:

I have not found anything on Jami, but I have come across an adversary of mine, Aryeon. We did not meet eyes, but he is one who has been snooping around much after you, and has gathered enough information on you as to perhaps seek out possible leads on your location. As a high priest of the Light, he has the potential to possibly end you. Take caution.

I hope to arrange a meeting soon if you so wish.

--Urameil

I've travelled from Thunder Bluff to Bloodhoof Village. So far, no signs of Jami, but I am hearing talks of a blood elf woman staying there and absorbing Tauren culture. I'll be laying low nearby, staking out even. I'll see if I can find her.

Also... if it's not too intrusive...I'd like to ask: Why ARE you getting Jami?

--Bastos

Jami throw up all over rug. She groan and lie on cot all day. She may be sick. I take her to healer, healer say she stay put and not see people. I am scared.

What do I do?

--Tibalan

Calm down. In your past letters, she may have been overindulging on your local food a little too much. She probably overate or had a nasty case of food poisoning. I know the healing methods of the Tauren differ from the Elves, but nevertheless your doctor should be able to know what to do. I'll be praying for you all.

May the Earthmother guide you.

Your Boss and friend,
Kapre

Jami is with child.

--Tibalan

There are no additional letters for this day.
Quote:Beloved Jami,

I shall cherish this trinket closely so long as we are apart, it is truly lovely and shows off your creative ability. If you wish for me to be at ease, then I will work harder at being so, for both our sakes.

Loving Husband,
Your dear Heart

Quote:Dear Jami,

You are still in hiding? What dreadful news to hear. Regardless, I would certainly be happy to pay you a visit. In fact, perhaps the local shaman in the area may help me with an endeavor of my own undertaking, but I digress. I may even bring one of my children with me for extra company, if you would like. Probably Heleen, because you know she's the most accessible. Harun is always busy wooing local girls, Jakub is always caught up in his studies, and Alais has been spending time with Saraphiel's family lately, anyhoos. I shall visit you as soon as I am able, and I look forward to what this gift could be.

Sincerely,
Aryeon
Day 7

Quote:Dear Kapre,

I'm writing for Tibalan. I feel you need more details about what's going on with Jami, as my brother told us how he's been writing to you in order to update you on what goes on.

Jami just admitted to us she left Thunder Bluff about a month ago in secret to see her husband in Ratchet. At the time, I believe she was just boarding up with our mother when she was kicked out for accidentally admitting she was married to a non-elf (she doesn't know her husband is a dwarf, don't worry). She'd be roughly a month along then. I'm sorry if her leaving Thunder Bluff made her vulerable to this Torr fellow or not, but now Jami is in a panic and we're trying our best to figure out what to do next. Even Tibalan is at a loss for what to do.

But seeing how Jami is in our hands, we'll be taking control in this situation. I would like a full explanation of what is going on with Jami and Torr.

--Kaldereta

Quote:To the Earthhand Sisters:

I am sorry if Tibalan cannot tell you much about Jami and Torr, the warlock who is after her. The reason for this is because I deliberately held off some information for Tibalan and Jami's safety. However, seeing that she is with child, and that, from a casual visit with Hrodebert, how, distraught he is with the separation, I will tell you the full details of the situation.

About three months ago, I was lured to Ashenvale with a letter saying that the night elves of Astranaar has my son Saya, whom I thought died in the Exodar crash. When I arrived here, it turned out to be a trap: there were Horde folk who were lured there with similar false information, this time to capture the ones responsible for the supposed death of an orc child. In the midst of the chaos, a demon came out of nowhere and captured me, though it also hoped to capture my sister. As it turns out, it was all an elaborate trap laid out by Torr, who went out of his way to trick the Horde folk into thinking they're capturing murderers while I was tricked into finding my son. For a whole month, I was held captive, and the Horde people who were deceived spent that time to find the warlock as well as me. Among those seeking Torr out was Thragash, who leads a group that had Jami come to Orgrimmar and then to Thunder Bluff in the first place.

Eventually I was rescued, but until then, I was shackled, starved, and deprived of light, adequate air, and mobility. Torr then waited until I was at a certain state of mind before he began periodically draining my soul. By the time I was rescued, I was in no condition to do anything. All I had in mind was Torr, my time stuck in that dreadful hole, and how in all the cosmos does he know my son, whom I never told anyone about--not even Tibalan.

My good friends, I am saddened to say that Torr will likely do the same to Jami.

During my captivity, I learned of how Torr has a young girl with her, a blood elf named Anaka. At the same time, I heard of talks of Saya, my son, between the two. From what I gathered, they do have, at least, a draenei child with them. I don't know if these two children are held captive by Torr or are simply under his care (though I really doubt the latter). If that is the case, I don't know what Torr would do should he learn Jami is with child. If he has no qualms with endangering a young girl while out in demon-infested Plaguelands, imagine what he'd do with an infant, born or unborn.

I have no knowledge if Torr has other kidnapping victims in mind, nor do I know of his plans with the soul shards he has gathered from me. I have recovered since the incident, but I still exhaust myself very, very easily, am still horribly afraid of the dark, and that nightmares continuously return at night. The incident was so horrifying that it just about clouded my mind from functioning with others. I'm even afraid to seek out a mate in case Torr decides to come after me or my sister again.

I will tell you this, though: Torr has two assistants, both sin'dorei. One is named Bastos, who has ragged black hair, a scarred left eye, and a missing right one. The other is another warlock whose name escapes me, but I remember him with haggard and drawn eyes and long, thick scarlet hair. Beware of them both. Also, given from my own experiences and words from those who rescued me, we believe Torr is an orc. We don't know if he's an Old Horde warlock or a younger one who became corrupted in a shorter time. All I do know, though, is that he can gather information very, very well, as I have kept Saya a secret from everyone.

Seeing that now you have the information in regards to Jami and Torr, I request that you do the following:

1.) Do not tell anyone about Jami's pregnancy. Not even her husband. If anyone finds out, word may get out and endanger Jami further. It may also get her husband to do very foolish things in order to get back to Jami again.

2.) Do not tell Tibalan the details behind and during my captivity. Tibalan only knows I was kidnapped and that's it--he doesn't know I was starved and holed up, nor does he know how Torr lured me to Ashenvale. In fact, he doesn't--or shouldn't--know about my son. Please especially don't tell Tibalan about Saya. He may take the situation with Torr much more personally, as we are good friends.

3.) Do not tell Jami the details of my captivity as well. I don't want to raise her in a panic of what could happen to her.

4.) Alert your village of sin'dorei that match the descriptions I give you. Bastos is a rogue with black hair and a scarred and missing eye, the other is a warlock in very gaudy red clothing.

5.) Warn your children about bad warlocks in general. Make it a casual warning. Any more serious might frighten them.

6.) Lastly, this is for Tibalan: Tell him to stay calm and keep a lookout for the two sin'dorei I've told you about, as well as any warlock that could be Torr. Again, I would like to request you withhold information about me to him.

That is all I have to say. May the Earthmother guide you.

--Kapre

Still no sign of Jami. But I think I got a lead. I'll get back to you.

Please answer my question.

--Bastos
Day 8

I've located Jami. She's staying in a tauren's home in Bloodhoof Village, by the lake. I found her when this priest dropped by, though. I don't know him, but he looks like a High Priest.

Right now, I'm staking out and observing, but doing nothing else. I'll be awaiting your next orders... and your answer to my question.

--Bastos

Quote:My good friend Bastos:

I have not been able to answer your question because I had no access to the mailbox for a while. Do forgive my delayed response, as I can assure you, I was not ignoring you.

You've done so much for me for so long. A full year almost, yes? I've rewarded you for providing me my subjects for experimentation, but far, I have only done that through gold taken from them. I know you have been pining for Jami Al'Salma since you encountered her in Dalaran many years ago, and I thought, by being the good boss I am, I could assist you in getting her. However, my mobility is restricted, and I cannot do much more at the moment except to observe. But be patient, my restless friend. Jami will be yours soon enough.

Right now, however, I am busy in the Plaguelands at the moment with Anaka and the draenei child. What I want you to do is to observe what is going on with Jami and to tell me everything you know of this tauren she's staying with. I will be expecting mail everyday from you.

Soon, I'll be needing your help, and I'd rather have you help me than Urameil (for now). I'll be mailing Urameil to you so he can take your place in watching Jami. When he arrives, meet me at the lake in the Western Plaguelands.

--Torr

Quote:Urameil

Bastos has located Jami. In three days, I want you to meet him in Bloodhoof Village. Dress differently from what you typically do: the Tauren may be on the lookout for a warlock that could come after Jami. If you can suppress your fel presence, please do so.

Report to me once you've arrived.

--Torr
Day 9

How is everything? Things are quieting down? You've stopped writing, though it could be because you're busy. I understand.

We're still deciding on what to do for the party, though I'm afraid I may not be able to respond for a good while if you do decide to help. Nevertheless, please do write back. We haven't seen you in a while, and I do worry for Jami.

May the Earthmother walk with you.

Your Boss and friend,

Kapre

I got a lot from watching this tauren. His name is Tibalan Earthhand, who apparantly lives by himself but has asked his sisters to stay with him as he watches Jami. He's the second eldest, and he's got a calf sister. I think they're a family of druids and shamans, though one of them has a pet coyote--I think she's a hunter. That coyote reacts everytime I get too close, though, but so far no one has known I'm nearby. I have to resort to watching through a scope and waiting until the damn dog sleeps before I can approach the tent to listen.

That's all I got so far. Hey, is it true you're an orc warlock? That's what Urameil guessed the last time I saw him before we set up the trap for Thragash. I don't know much about shamans, but if you were one once, maybe you can think of how we can overcome this family and get Jami. Just a suggestion.

I'll write back to you when I have more information.

--Bastos

We will not discuss my background.

I do, though, want to learn more of this family so we can think of our next course of action. Listen for anything possibly secretive. Get weaknesses or bad habits. And watch for the child tauren--I'd like to know more about her too.

By the way, when you come to the Western Plaguelands, bring a new toy for the draenei child. He broke the one I got him.

--Torr

Day 10

Quote:Dear Boss,

I am very sorry. I forget to write. I am busy too.

Jami is better now. She is keeping busy. She went outside to do arkane magic. Other tauren let her but warn her she might make too obvious of her herself too obvious. Kaldereta thinks this is good, though. Jami wants to fight if she must. Jami will practice arkane while hiding.

I miss everyone too. I will come back to work when Jami come home.

May the Earthmother Light guide you.

--Tibalan

I have more information that could be of use to you. The siblings are, in birth order:

Kaldereta, a shamaness. She seems to meditate a lot. Of all the sisters, she became the closest to Jami.

Tibalan, who trained to be a shaman then tried to be a druid and eventually quit both. He's just a civilian right now.

Nilaga, a druid. Druid of the Talon, I think. She is often in her caster form, though, but I have to be extra cautious of her in case she shapeshifts and flies around. Or something.

Sisiga, indeed a huntress. She is really good with tracking. Really good.

Kariekarie (I can't spell her name) is the calf. She wants to be a hunter like Sisiga but from what I gathered, their mother wants her to be a shaman or a druid.

That's all I got. I couldn't observe very well this time, the damn coyote won't go away.

What kind of toy will I get the kid?

--Bastos

Quote:To Bastos:

I'll be arriving in Bloodhoof Village the day after tomorrow, roughly late evening (likely before midnight). I'll be coming in disguise, though. Where shall we meet?

--Urameil
Day 11

Focus more on the sisters than Tibalan right now. I don't think he'd be of much trouble if he's a shaman/druid dropout.

To get the coyote distracted, I suggest you kill some beasts and then throw meat to the side to get it away. As for the druid, just stay clear of the skies.

Any toy will do, Bastos. As long as it's something a draenei boy would enjoy.

--Torr

Quote:To Urameil:

There is a large tent home by the lake, next to a weird looking tree. I've pretty much made myself home up there. We'll meet around it. Midnight's perfect.

By the way, on your way here, can you get some sort of draenei toy? Maybe a draenic top or play hammer, I don't know.

--Bastos

We'll certainly meet. But why do you need a draenei toy? Do you really have a draenei child with you? Is it Saya?

--Urameil

Quote:The hell I know.
Day 12

Jami is bored. She wants to explore Mulgore. We will not go around until tomorrow. Moving her may be good to her.

--Tibalan

Certainly! In fact, getting her to move around may not only ease her mind, but shake off any trail Jami may have. I don't know anything about Mulgore, I'm afraid, but perhaps you are the best one to guide her around. Stay safe, my friend.

--Your Boss and friend,

Kapre

P.S., your grammar is starting to improve! Keep practicing, my friend!

We've made the switch. Urameil is here now, and he will be awaiting orders from you in my place while I come to Western Plaguelands. I'll be there in about three days.

Seems like Jami will be going on a tour around Mulgore by tomorrow. She'll be accompanied by the Earthhand siblings the whole way. I told Urameil about everything I know, but don't be too surprised if he doesn't tell you much nor would he respond to you should you mail him. He says he'll use a spell or a demon to spy on them. Is that a good idea? Wouldn't the Tauren pick up fel energy? That's what I asked him, but he says he knows what he's doing. I don't trust him.

Oh, and I got a toy. It's a spinning top. How old is the kid anyway? If it's not age appropriate, I'll get something better along the way.

I'll see you at the lake. Same place as usual, yes?

--Bastos

Yes, the same place, at the docks. Anaka will be there to meet with you.

I'm not quite sure, but I think a spinning top would be too young for the child. I think Saya's at least 8 years old. Bring an action figure. Or a toy train. You can steal one.

--Torr

Do not use any fel magic around these tauren. They may pick up your presence and the sisters seem to be capable of tracking. Just sneak after them and observe them. Can you do that?

--Torr

Quote:Torr:

Forgive my delayed report. Yes, I can just sneak after them. They won't know I'm a warlock, as I dressed myself differently as you ordered. The resident taurens think I'm a hunter looking for kodos to hunt.

I'll be spying on the tauren family in place of Bastos. I'll report to you on what I've observed whenever I have access to a mailbox.

--Urameil
For the next three days, there were no letters being sent by either parties, as Jami and the Earthhand siblings are touring Mulgore while Bastos is travelling to Torr in the Western Plaguelands. Time skips for three days.

Day 15

Quote:Hey, Red. It's been three days now, but no mail. Where are you?

-Bastos

Please report on your observations on Jami.

--Torr

I don't know if you have access to a mailbox yet, but I'm rather curious as to know how the tour has been going. Are you enjoying yourselves? Did trouble come up? Please write back.

Your Boss and friend,
Kapre

Day 17

Quote:Torr and Bastos:

Some trouble did come up. Forgive my shaky writing.

Though I did take caution in following the Earthhand siblings, and my fel aura as a warlock was suppressed, nevertheless the male Tauren suspected I was Bastos and attacked me without warning when he came across me at the mountainside. I was caught off guard and did not fight back as well as I hoped I could. I'm in Ratchet now, recovering.

From what I remember what Bastos told me, he was a former druid/shaman who dropped out because he felt inadequate as either. I underestimated him as a fighter because of this and the fact he is so shy. But take caution: his fist hits like a goblin rocket to the face. Literally.

I fell a very good distance from the mountainside. I played dead for a while as Jami and the Tauren searched my body before I passed out. And before the male piledrived my ribs. And the coyote chewed my foot. I'm fairly sure they believe I'm dead, as I swear I saw the Light at the end of a tunnel before I woke up and they were gone. Healthstones are a blessing. Despite the rocks piled over my buried body.

Come here as soon as possible, both of you if it can be done. Take advantage of the possibility the family thinks Bastos is dead. I'm resting at Broken Keel Tavern.

--Urameil

Bastos found us. But I fight him. He pretended he is a hunter looking for kodo. Except there is no kodo where we were and he has only a knife. Bastos is not very smart.

We fight but Bastos falls of mountain. He is dead. We check the body. We bury him.

Can Jami go home now?

--Tibalan

Don't worry. I will pay back for your troubles. I'm sorry you were nearly killed pursuing Jami and the Earthhands.

Bastos and I will meet you in Ratchet. We should be there in three days.

--Torr

Quote:Hey, Red

Torr told me you were piledrived by Tibalan. That's hilarious to think about, considering you. How the hell did you not survive having all your ribs crushed? Some warlockery bullshit? And are you missing a foot now?

--Bastos

If Bastos really was there, it's likely he has forwarded information to Torr about Jami's location. No, she cannot go home yet.

Try asking your sisters for another location. Torr will probably search for Jami in Bloodhoof Village if Bastos does not contact him in a certain time. I'll contact Hrodebert and give him the update.

Please mail me back as soon as you find another location.

May the Earthmother walk with you.

Your Boss and friend,
Kapre

Quote:Dear Bastos,

I survived by because I had a Healthstone that prevented me from dying. And I still have my ribs. And my foot. So I'm in serious condition, but at least I'm still in one piece. Including both my eyes.

--Urameil

Quote:Dear Urameil,

f**k you.

Quote:Dear Bastos,

You wish.

Day 18

Quote:Dear Heart,

So much has happened since our last letter... but fret not! I have exciting news, news you will be very happy to read of.

I have been practicing my arcane enough to remember my offensive spells. It's not much, but enough to deter attackers. I thought we could explore Mulgore some, to give myself some fresh air as well as to allow myself some space for practice away from Bloodhoof Village. But as we were touring the mountains east of the village, Bastos appeared! Indeed, they're still after us, Heart, and but we fought back! What happened was that as Tibalan was wrestling with Bastos, I blasted him with an arcane blast, and Bastos fell. He took a very nasty tumble down the mountain side before he landed on a pile of rocks. We checked on the body; Tibalan even pounded on him and our pet coyote Aso chewed on foot. He's dead. I felt rather horrible, actually. That man has hounded me for so many years... and now he's dead.

We gave him a proper burial. I couldn't just leave the body there to rot under the sun and to be devoured by beasts. As much as I hated that man, he was still a friend when we were children. He has liked me for the longest time... but he wasn't my love. It didn't have to come to this. Had Bastos chosen a different way of life from stealing and kidnapping and spying, he wouldn't have goten himself killed like this. I wouldn't have to have sent him to his death. He fell so hard down the mountain his face was marred beyond recognition. The poor man. I have but pity for him.

Tibalan feels this is a good time to send me home, but Kapre thinks this is not--we don't know how long Bastos has been following us, and for what we know, he could have sent information about me towards Torr. However, fear not, my love. If Bastos did surely send information to him, then with him being dead, Torr will come out to look for him. We'll confront him ourselves. I am not afraid. I have Tibalan and his sisters on my side, and soon, we'll ask for the help of his mother and the rest of the Earthhand Clan. I will even invite Aryeon to assist us. You'll see. You'll be proud of me, my love, in that we will fight back. Please don't do anything foolish and try to sneak into Mulgore. When all this is over, you will see me an entirely different woman--braver, stronger, more complete.

I'll be coming home, my love. I will be coming home with news your heart will soar... but I will tell you with our eyes meeting and our lips speaking. We will hold each other again, we will hold hands and kiss once again. My love for you is keeping me alive and providing me the courage to face my fears. For now, have patience, my dear one. The time of separation is coming to a close. Once Torr is felled, I will be in your arms once again, forever and ever.

Stay safe and be at ease, dear Heart. May the Light guide you.

With love and a thousand kisses,

Jami

Jami and my sisters and I will be visiting Mother. Jami made up a plan.

Bastos give Torr word about Jami. Bastos is dead now. Jami think Torr will come to find Bastos. Torr will come to Jami. Jami will have me and sisters and Mother and all of the Earthhand Clan. Jami will invite Areon to help. Areon is a high priest. We will fight Torr. Torr will be beat.

When Torr is beat, I will look for Saya. I will help you and Jami at the same time. I am confident. We will be ready.

Light bless you.

--Tibalan

Quote:Hey, Red

Can you set up a tab for us in advance? We're bringing Anaka, but Torr and Saya will be staying a distance from us and getting their own lodging. Just say you're setting up lodging for a brother and niece. I'll pay you back. Eventually.

--Bastos

Quote:Bastos,

I'll surely set up a tab for our lodging... but I am curious. Why is Torr bringing Saya? And will he come as himself, or in disguise?

--Urameil

Quote:Urameil,

I am not quite sure (and I'm not supposed to tell you). But it's something to do with Tibalan. Torr found a flyer for Kapre's matchmaking service and it turns out, Tibalan works for him--that's why he's the one protecting Jami. We're anticipating Tibalan gathering up a group to fight Torr, so I think Saya is meant to be... some sort of leverage, I don't know. Torr's plan isn't clear. He told me not to worry about it. He's going to use Anaka too... though I don't like it.

He'll be coming in disguise, yes. You'll know him when you see him.

--Bastos

Quote:Tibalan.

This is a terrible idea. I have faced Torr in person, he is not an ordinary warlock. He will have more thugs. He even commands a Doomguard. He drained my soul, and indubitably he has and will drain more. I'm still recovering from the ordeal, including the loss of what was the most precious item to me. Don't do this. Get Jami back. I'll house her. She'll even stay in Booty Bay, where she is less likely to be confronted in the open.

You come here too. I want to know how you found out about Saya. I told you I had a son, but not the details of what happened. Torr may have known about him, but given what happened, he very much is unlikely to have him. No. I don't want this burden of uncertainty on my heart again--it is the reason for my sleepless nights, for being unable to move on. No. Get Jami and yourself over here.

Kapre.

Jami is not going home yet.

Tibalan
Pages: 1 2