Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Seld Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
b]First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:[/b]

Name is Brian. Lived in Florida, and now Canada my life. I've never been that much of a hardcore gamer until more recently, but I've always had a fancy for roleplaying. RP'd on WoW my entire time there, hated all the meta-gaming, powergaming, so forth there but I absolutely loved the idea of RPing. In terms of other games, I'm a huge fan of the likes of Europa Universallis 3, STALKER, and those types of things.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

Canada. I live right near the border of Minnesota, so I got an American IP but I come from the great land of Canadia itself. English primarily.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I was one of those freaky Retail guys at first. Played from like 2006-2009ish. Quit because retail was boring, came back because I always loved to RP but I decided to keep it to Private Servers.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

Went to PrologueWoW at first. I'll keep up a respectful attitude, but did not quite live up to my expectations. I heard a lot of good things about this server from friends on there quitting for this server, so I wanted to give it a look. So far impressed!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I enjoy all forms of well-thought out and well handled RP. Whether it's war, social (in every facet related to such), or whatever other form one can think of. I love all types of proper RP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I've always been a fan of Humans in games. Perhaps it's because I am one? Who knows, but I'm a huge Human fan and as well as Warrior. I like the simplicity of it, while still giving me room to get extremely creative if I so wished.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect well rounded RP'ers who don't go around screaming "I AM ARTHAS' OLD GIRLFRIEND" and stand around staring at walls all day complaining that there is no RP anywhere. Active Roleplayers who are excited to RP is what I am looking for.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Keyboard skills for sure. Every time someone spells "ridiculous" wrong, I want to tear my hair out. I know it's the internet, I know it's "just a game", but we are not talking on cell phones here. Great grammar is a huge priority of mine.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Going to paste something recently written for the aforementioned Prologue WoW. A Cult of the Damned guild I applied to for the fun of it. Was extremely cheesy, but yeah *shrug*

Spoiler:
"What shall we do to this one?" a voice uttered, echoing through the dark, lifeless stone halls. A steady drip of water was the only consistent sound in the room, as well as a single glimmer of light through a miniature hole in the roof. The burned man looked up, his face devoid of emotion and fear. "We will wait until we get word, until then, do not touch the prisoner." The burned man's head snapped up and around. "Prisoner" he echoed in his mind. Where was he? Thoughts raced through his mind as his blood began to pump, "Look, he's awake" a voice said in humor, a soft chuckle heard from the two. Their figures arose from the darkness, their bodies lurching forward from the shadows that concealed them as they approached the burned man. The burned man tried to move, but was bound by steel and stone around him.

"Now how did you get yourself into this little mess, little man?" one of the voices said, his dark figure finally emerging slightly from the shadows; dark lifeless eyes peering into the burning man's. "Shut up" the other voice barked, the initial voice growled and waved a hand in dismissal. He approached the burning man, towering over his small, chained figure. "I said back away from him, brother. We are not to touch him until the Necroman-..." his voice was cut off by the first man, "I was just asking him a question." he retorted, "You don't even know if he can still talk after the beating our minions gave him."

Minions...

The burned man tilted his head slightly up towards the man towering above him, the pieces coming together at last. The man in front of him laughed, "See? He's lucid." the man bent down, putting a hand under the burned mans chin, lifting his head slightly more. "Now, how did you get yourself into this little predicament, little man?" he repeated.

The chains binding the burned man began to heat, turning into a light red over but a course of seconds. The man backed up instantly, "f**k" he simply stated, taking out a rubber stick and stepped forward to flog the burned man into submission. As the strike came down, the burned mans body was gone and reappeared between the two men. The dark prison suddenly erupted into a bright light, a burst of flames surrounding the burned man and shooting out in every direction into both of the men. One got up and took out a sword, charging for the burned man to end him. The burned man extended his hand, the darkness was returned for but a moment until a flash of fire erupted from his palm, sending out a concussive blast and knocking the man down. As the other ran up with a blade to slice the burned man from behind, he spun and opened his mouth, a wave of fire erupted from his lips and enveloped the charging man. He fell there, dead.

Darkness fell upon the room again, when a sudden voice erupted in the burned mans mind. He was lifted into the air, shadow surrounding him as the room was lit by an eruption of green flames powering the torches covering the walls. A man approached, covered in black robes head to toe with purple engravings on them. "You wish to survive" the voice stated. The burned man let out a single scream of resistance, his voice echoing through the halls like the drips of water from before -- and yet just as irrelevant. He was let down onto the ground, fallen onto his knees. "You are too useful to perish. Those two were mere puppets anyways, to test your resolve. I will ask you once, do you accept my gift? His gift, of immortality?"

The burned man looked up, shivering from the forces that flowed through him. He would not die, he refused to die. His head bowed simply, nodding.

"Yes"

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nothing really. I'll be reading all the FAQ's and whatnot extensively after I post this to get a better feel for what the expectations are of this server. I'll begin writing up a character on notepad in the event I get accepted so I'm ready to jump right in.

I'm writing most of this on the spot, so pardon any minor grammatical errors I may make, though!
Welcome Seld!

If you haven't done so yet, please head on over to the Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and maybe even read a few of the approved character profiles while you're there!

I myself have and have had way too many humans. I love them for their diversity as well!

If you have any further questions, do no hesistate to ask them on the forums or simply send a PM to me, other forum helpers or the GM team!

I hope you will enjoy your time here on the server!