Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Conferencier's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm a seventeen year old British student, and I've been role-playing for the past four years or so. This is really my first foray into combining that with WoW, but I'll get into the reasons behind that a bit further down this post!

I'd like to think that, as both a person and a player, I'm pretty easy to get along with. I've got a decent sense of humour, am not very easily offended, and I'm very fond of the collaborative aspects of roleplaying. If I have one flaw, it's that I get too attached to the characters!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the United Kingdom, and my primary language is British English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Honestly? My boyfriend won't shut up about it, and eventually I caved in to his nagging and decided to see what all the fuss is about. He'd probably rather I described it as “insistent suggestions” rather than “nagging”, but he can deal with it! I've been an RPer for several years and a fantasy geek for as long as I can remember, so really it seemed inevitable that I'd end up checking it out eventually – especially once Sol got involved!

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
See above! Sol speaks really highly of this server and those who play on it, and from what I've heard it sounds wonderful. Also, I don't really want to pay money to try out a game I'm only going to use to RP!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Well, I've never really role-played outside of a play-by-post medium, so I'm not really sure in the context of this game. I'm big on interaction between characters, and development ensuing from it. It scares me how you're all obsessed with stabbing each other here, but I'm sure I'll get used to that rather quickly!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I'm generally “Oh my God, wizards!” rather than “Oh my God, edged weapons!” when it comes to what I like in my fantasy. That being said, I also prefer it to have something of the cerebral about it. Generally speaking, playing a character who stops and thinks, rather than runs at problems with intent to headbutt them, is right for me. So in essence, I'm interested in playing spellcasting classes, and racially I'm inclined towards humans. They have less of a clearly defined stereotype and are more versatile, and also have more than one nation state to their names. “The kingdom of the elves/dwarves” tends to grate on me after a while xD

What are your expectations of this server?:
Nice people, smart people, all sorts of people. From what I've heard, I'm expecting interesting and engaging interactions – cheesy as it sounds, though, most of all I'm expecting that I'll have fun on this server.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Probably the one about showing respect to your fellow players. In my past experiences of RPing, nothing ruins things for the majority of players like a handful of idiots wandering around being obnoxious for the sake of being obnoxious. It's as unacceptable to be disrespectful online as it is off, in my opinion.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Madea honestly wasn't sure how it had come to this, although if you asked her to pinpoint the moment when things began to go wrong, she would probably decide that it had happened nearly twenty-one years previously. The Second War was ending – her hometown of Dalaran had seen its fair share of destruction during that time, and little Maddie had been exposed to far more violence than a young girl at the tender age of thirteen should ever have had to see. The sight of this carnage, and knowing she could do nothing about it, had left her feeling powerless, and made her even more determined to become a mage.

At the same time, however, there were certain expectations that Maddie had to meet. Growing up in Dalaran, as a member of a moneyed family, everyone had concluded when she was a child that Madea would follow in the footsteps of her elders and train in the arcane arts. The stigma dealt out to those from families such as hers – where generation after generation was made up of skilled mages – who did not have the skill to do so, was so commonplace in her society. That being said, though, she had never once thought that she would be on the receiving end of such scorn.

It had been emphasised to her from a very young age how important it was that she followed this path in life, how it was what was expected of her by everybody. Her father had been worst of all for this. He was a gruff, scholarly man who valued people by their magical skills rather than any other qualities, and he had always been the one to remind Maddie of what would happen were she to fail. As innocent young children always do, she had vowed to be the very best that she could be, earning her father's pride and the respect of her peers.

But then, not long after she turned thirteen, Maddie's vow – and her father's plans for her – came to an abrupt end. It wasn't uncommon for children to need a bit of guidance when it came to developing their abilities, of course, but it was a slight problem when there was seemingly no ability there to begin with. Maddie earned her father's ire and disappointment, and was quickly ostracised by those she had once called her friends. No one had any time to try and help her, they simply decided that she was a lost cause and left her alone.

Which was how she ended up at this point. Having been excluded from magic for most of her life, the feelings created by her memories of the Second War and the way she had been treated by those closest to her had festered over time, and made her more fixated on becoming a mage no matter what it took. The Third War made her decide to pursue her studies unsupervised, leading her to find her own haphazard route to it in an attempt to prove everyone who had doubted her wrong.

She forged relationships under pretence and on shaky foundations, never really allowing one of any kind to progress past a certain stage because of all her hang-ups. It sometimes crossed her mind that her plan – which had been in motion for so long now – had backfired, but she always pushed those thoughts away quickly. She would prove them wrong, whatever it took.
Welcome Conferencier!

If you haven't done so yet, please head on over to the Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and maybe even read a few of the approved character profiles while you're there!

I never really liked spellcasters myself. There's just something about charging at enemies and killing them with a big sword that sends shivers down my spine.

If you have any further questions, do no hesistate to ask them on the forums or simply send a PM to me, other forum helpers or the GM team!

I hope you will enjoy your time here on the server!