Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: .addrpitem command change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I don't have any idea of what I'll suggest you in a second is possible or not, so don't throw pineapples at me please.

Well, I've noticed that a few items received a "type-change", passing from leather to cloth for example.

My idea is the following : make the .addrpitem command gives the player using it a cloth item, what ever the item type he just created...

Ok, ok... I'm explaining myself in a strange way, but lets say that I want a pair of plate gloves for a particular RP or such (like alchemy, or worksmith RP or what ever) but that I'm a priest. I can't use them because the gameplay is made like this, but I believe that everybody should be able to wear anything in RP, even though players should know how to limit their characters.

For example, I'm seeking a plate armor set for my priestress, to protect herself in dangerous stuff like her alchemy work or simply when she go out on a mission or such... She's way too fragile to fight and the armor would be extremly heavy, making her clearly unable to wear it as a warrior or even sit with it on the shoulders for long.

I believe that aslong with the weapon types, the armor types restriction is really blocking our RP and that it should be removed.

I think that the command to get an item is the only way to avoid to change every item one by one or such.

Your thoughts?
This was asked before. Denied before, as well.
I'd love it. But, the authorities on here are picky about this kind of thing. And people will abuse it in incredibly nonsensical ways. We already have armor abuse with the less-is-more type because it "looks cool".
/hefts pineapple in hand and takes careful aim..
This idea has been suggested before in a few different ways.

Some argued that leather should be opened up to cloth wearers. Others also wanted to see plate opened up to only leather and mail wearers.

The argument always boils down to this: People will abuse it. We'll have casters (Frail individuals) sporting heavy Juggernaut armor, something that is both IC and OOCly unwanted.
Short answer: No.

Long answer: You may think that, since you don't see it as something you'd abuse, other people will follow the rulebook and stick to their respective armor class. You're terribly wrong. Many a player sees their characters' looks as something of grave importance to their roleplaying prowess. Mages -will- want to use two-handed maces. Rogues -will- use polearms. If not a real reason, then 'just cuz it looks cool'.

My two copper, anyways.
I know that some persons will abuse it, but that's apart of the GMs work, no? Make sure that the rules and coherence are respected on a server.
You would have our GMs monitor every single person and what they wear on a daily basis? Imagine the arguments that would crop up when one GM tells another "No! I find that one's color scheme far too drab." Then another, "But she looks like she has just shot out of a Saturday morning cartoon! THE SHOULDERPADS! How does she fit through a dooor?"

It just won't work. The GMs have enough on their plates without this foggy, subjective nonsense.

Besides, it's the players' job to tell each other what to wear.
Eh. More work then it's worth.

The GMs did their job and chose that we didn't need it.