Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: introduction from an insomniac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Names Steve. I'm 23, a security guard (not the greatest job in the world but it pays for my gaming addiction) and I absolutely love warhammer 40,000, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., my car, my frankenPC, and of course video games. Don't know what S.T.A.L.K.E.R or warhammer 40,000 is? do lead yourself to the nearest wikipedia and youtube video and prepare to grow a beard at the awesomeness. I play too many video games, watch too many movies, and have more useless crap in my head than in a library of fanfic.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

USA. Bad English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Ah! A tale of the old times is what you crave! It all began in the ancient time of 1995. I was up in the land of the Washington, in a village dubbed "Kelso" and there my cousins were playing on a wondrous device with strange tiny men trapped in a wonderful screen. However! This device was actually called a computer and those tiny men were humans and orcs. This game would forever be burned into my memory: Warcraft 2. Indeed, a relic of the old times, and quite frankly the best damn RTS I've ever played next to total annihilation. I use to play this game like there was no tomorrow. Then, THEN! I remember seeing the box of Warcraft 3. One of the orcs had (what I thought at the time...) a light saber! Good god what else could anyone ask for!? I begged, nay, pleaded my mother, please please purchase this golden wonder for me! sadly we had to get a new computer because that Pentium 2 just wasn't cutting it. The new one lasted freakin forever, literally 6 months ago we finally replaced it. Anyways where was I? RIGHT! something about twins? no wait wrong story... oh right Warcraft 3! That's when I REALLY got into Warcraft! god Arthas was my hero, and Illidan was [purged from the records!] Played that till the disc melted (it didn't) and then WoW came. Played WoW on and off (long story) and yeah I'm back. Again. God help me.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

I found it when I type in "World of Warcraft RP private server" in google. This server seemed to be active and... well active. I got a good vibe from it.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

What I call field RP: you go out of the cities and enjoy the designed fields of azeroth come to life! Experience all those "Hey I raided that in warcraft 2!" Moments! I mean, don't get me wrong, sitting in a tavern and drinking yourself stupid on vodka and ale is fun, but I gotta get my exercize.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Hell I guess orcs, ogres, tauren, trolls, and dwarves. I like the old horde races and dwarves are friggin awesome. Though I guess since ogre isn't a playable race that response is kinda moot? Something about a two headed ogre arguing over which direction to go and then farting the next minute just gives you that feeling of "god I love this guy..."
and for class, obviously, deathknight. Who wouldn't want to be like their hero? Hell even in oblivion and DnD I was trying to figure out what the best way was to make a deathknight.

What are your expectations of this server?:

High. But I really don't know what to expect. That's what I'm here for! Love a mystery.
Not really. Just tell me how it ends.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

God keyboard skills thank you. Used to know a guy who mixed up "want and wont." was odd. I learned my good keyboarding skills from a MUD I played for a few months. I realized I was pissing off a lot of people with my shortcut typing so I worked really hard to fix that. Can't see why anyone else can't do that.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Code:
Guide scratched his nose, scouting the area in front of him. He sniffed the air, not for any real reason but just because.

"Excuse me? What are we waiting for?"

"See that patrol up there? Bandits. We're waiting for them to pass, then we'll move on."

"Oh. I see."

There was a bit of silence between Guide and the elf woman. Suddenly the freaking bandits decided to tell each other stupid jokes. Something about "Hey did you hear the one about the chicken crossing the road?" Yeah he died of impatience waiting for the freaking bandits to move so he decided to just cross the fu-

"Excuse me? You're muttering something about chickens..."

"What? Nothing. Just stay quiet."

They finally finished their joke and moved on. Well, by moving, they sort of sauntered. It made Guide wonder if he could have just moved behind them and they wouldn't have even bothered with them. Oh well. Time to take the elf woman to her destination and collect his pay.

Guide was, well, a guide. A knowledgeable person of Azeroth and her ways. He'd spent so much time in Azeroth, exploring everything there was until he finally had a thought. "Hey I could make money off of this..." And so he did! He's got quite a good racke- er, business going on! Let's just say goblins hate him. He hangs around the nearest town for a bit, waiting for someone to hire him, or he goes back to Orgrimmar.

"Are you sure you know the way?"

He turned around slowly and towered over the elf, which, honestly, wasn't hard when you're a troll. He simply stared down at her. She shifted awkwardly, looking around at the ground, maybe looking for an excuse to change the subject or a hole to crawl in. She nodded, understanding her stupid question. Do I know the way.... pfffff....
They marched for a bit. The elf was trying to start conversation, but Guide didn't much care for small talk. He listened none the less, nodding and commenting from time to time, usually with a "That right..." or "That so..." or "Fascinating..."

"So what's your name anyways?"

"Told you. Guide."

"No, I mean, that's your title. I'm Fashalaa Tor'Dir, administrator. They don't call me "Administrator," they call me "Fashalaa," or "Mistress Tor'Dir." What do they call you?"

"Guide."

She sighed, giving up.

Guide shook his head and lead her down a dirt road, away from the monsters. Usually Guide tries to stay away from anything that could cause issues: Bandits and monsters, basically. Traps, cliffs, impassable terrain, that wasn't a big of a worry. "Either go around or through it," was his motto.

They climbed a cliff, overlooking their destination. Next to them was a waterfall, and a tree. He made mental notes of this.
"Alright, well, this is a nice view but where I want is down there? See... my... my boat is over there so we need to go back... back down, you see?" She pointed gingerly, almost like a child trying not to seem rude about the socks shes just gotten instead of the pony.

"Yes, we're going down there. Can you swim?"

She blinked hard. "What?"

"Can. You. Swim?"

She slowly, but surely, got flustered. "Are you... are you suggesting I JUMP?? Down THERE?? Nononono let me explain something to you this is a 100% Mageweave robe! This is very hard to come by especially in Silvermoon! The mana suckers are using it for their damned sticks and stave's! Like making it prettier will improve its magical qualities!! I mean...."

She continued to rant, for quite sometime. Guide looked down, checking the distance, and remembering if there were rocks or not... Some people who frequently traveled with guide would call him... well, senile. Now, this isn't true. He knows Azeroth better than even the most veteran generals! Just... takes a bit of time for the wheels to get turning...! One time getting some guy lost! Mixing up Darkshore with Duskwood is a perfectly innocent mistake! Hell anyone could have made it! They're both dark, both have trees, and are both near alliance territory! It just happens that one has giant ogres instead...
His thoughts we're broken by a stomping foot. "Hey! Are you listening!?" It was, of course, the elf woman.

"Not really, no. Now, what yer gonna do, is when you make the jump, you clench your-"

"I'll clench nothing! You didn't hear about how I got this robe did you??"

"Not really." He grabbed her suddenly, then threw her over the cliff. Now, more or less, this was a test for his safety. If she died, make a mental note to not jump over here again. If she made it, offer a lower price! Everyone wins.

She made a big splash, followed by a bunch of other splashes from her going absolutely bonkers of being suddenly wet. There was also some yelling, but he couldn't hear as well as he could back in his day...
He jumped, holding his nose and closing his eyes. He hated heights.
He hit the water with a sudden cold and wet feeling. He swam in a direction where he would avoid the thrashing Elf girl.

"Alright, follow me." He tried to say that over the screaming and yelling elf woman, and swam anyways, hoping she would get the hint.
She stood at the shore and wrung out the water from her robe, cursing again in that funny tongue the long ears speak.

"Now... because I chucked you over a cliff, I'm willing to lower the price."

She seemed to agree with this.

After assisting her with her sailing preparations, he stood at the shore, trying to regain his sense of direction and trying to remember the closest settlement. He heard a yell over his shoulder. It was the elf girl.

"Hey! So what's your name?"

This again...

"Tal'Aj'Jeer!"

"What's that mean?"

"Guide."

Coulda sworn I said that...

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I'm not too sure but I get the impression that regular attendance is required. I'd honestly just like to come here just from time to time (maybe like once or twice a week) to play. I find my interests wandering from game to game, so... I guess someone would just need to make attendance policies clear lol.
Hello there syvenn, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

Being moderately active for a month is what you'll need to do for Gruntship. If your interests wander elsewhere, no one would begrudge it you. It's if you sign up, disappear for a month, and then reappear that we'll be holding up the stop sign! Be sure to read over all the stickies, because they detail much more comprehensively the process you go through to attain a forest green name.

Coincidentally, I'm fond of "field RP", too. Cities do have their merits, though.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.