Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Reshef's intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I've been playing games like World of Warcraft sine I was about 11. I would not consider myself a hardcore gamer, as I have yet to scream obscenities at my computer screen over a failed quest or something to that effect. In addition, when it comes to roleplay, I have been roleplaying since about sophomore year of high school so about 4-5 years. I try to help those who are not exactly the best at roleplaying, whose posts consist of "me look at funny short man and lol"

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am a born and raised United States citizen, my primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was introduced to Warcraft FIRST by an old gaming magazine, Computer Gaming Weekly, which was bought out by Microsoft after a few years and turned into Games for Windows: The Magazine. However, i must have taken a stupid pill, because i thought i was like Runescape, that is, free. Later, a friend of mine helped me get on my feet rl, and here i am with the ability to play WoW. During the time that I spent trying to get on my feet, I actually relaxed by studying the races, the stories, the class specials, etc.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
The same friend who helped me get up on my feet told me that this was the best server and specifically, RP server to be on. since a lot of my other rp areas die within a year or so or have too much drama, i figured that I'd give WoW a try so i could enjoy some decent rp.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Roleplay that goes in depth, the kind that leaves you on edge rl. As a man who acts for a rl hobby, I generally prefer immersion roleplay. Granted, this has lad to some interesting situations with OOC issues, however, I grew out of these. I *do* however, have a few rules when I roleplay, I won't bore you to death with all of them, but i will say: if the level of stupidity emanating from the person I'm rping with is really bad, i will excuse myself and go on my way.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Blood Elf or Forsaken for race because A) Alliance is not exactly the greatest is what I've been told, besides, playing the good guy's no fun. B) you can play as an "evil" Elf, which allows you to go in depth, figure out what their motives are and why other races see them as evil. OR you can play as a specter and scare the daylights out of someone.
As for classes, most likely Hunter or Rogue. I like the support classes, if you're a tank and the quest fails, you get a lot of flack from a lot of people. If you're a support class, unless you heal, you're overlooked most of the time.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations of this server are not unreasonable. I expect good RP, good gamesmanship(is that a word?), I expect people to not freak out on me for not knowing something and i expect to have fun.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
3. Please use color in moderation. If you go overboard with it, you may be asked to tone it down. Also, be mindful that we don't allow color in certain boards (such as the character profiles board.)
Let's say I'm chilling on the board, and suddenly there's a rainbow on it of writing. I'm going to get a headache ad most likely be very rude to that person..so having that rule keeps me in check in that way.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Mita sighed, sitting on a stump on Dxun. “Damn, does it EVER stop raining here?” he complained, scraping off the paint on his armor so he could start over. “huh….green and black…wonder how much bullshit I’ll get from other Vod for being a Kata member that wears Green and black.” He muttered, glad that the tavern was empty.
About four hours later, he’d weathered the paint, given it the fresh coat, then weathered it again. “All a part of growing up.” He said gently and slipped on his boots again, then followed up with everything but the buy’ce. He made a comm to Ba’buir Ge’carta and told her what he was doing, finishing with “all right…I love you, Ba’buir.”
Awhile later, he was on a tree limb, scanning the forest for a lone Maalraas. Finally, he spotted one near the old ruins. He leaped down and sprinted towards another tree that seemed high enough for him to launch an attack from. Still smirking, he paused “shit…I can’t use a rocket, that’ll leave nothing left…guess it’s blades, blasters, and fire.” He murmured, letting a picture of Chana come up on his HUD. “I’ll come home..I promise.” He whispered.
With that, he fired up his flamethrower in his gauntlet, which sprayed out flames into a circle surrounding the Maalraas “got you.” He said. Then it roared, leaping up onto the limb “ah kriff.” He exclaimed, the branch giving way beneath the two of them. He looked at the ground, hoping it would be soft. Unfortunately, it wasn’t, so he just ended up nearly killing himself on impact. He glared at the beast and bellowed “COME GET ME!” as it began to charge him. he activated his blaster, aiming it at the creature, firing a bolt at its face, hoping to hit it, but he ended up just getting its shoulder. The beast let out a feral snarl before it finally reached him and clawed at his chest plate, which deflected the claws nicely, but he still ended up flying into a tree.
He coughed, that one had hurt, left him winded. He wanted to lay there, let it all end. It hurt too much. The picture of Chana flickered and buzzed on his HUD until it was solid again. This gave him a burst of adrenaline, enabling him to stand and shout “CREATURE! I AM A CHILD OF THE MANDA. A PROUD MEMBER OF THE KATA ALIIT. YOU WILL [i]NOT/i] GET IN THE WAY OF ME COMPLETEING MY VERD’GOTEN!” with that, he fired one of the netting capsules, then when it had been snagged, he released a stream of fire on it, causing it to howl with pain. Finally, the shrill howl stopped, leaving the Ge’tal standing in front of its burning corpse, which began to flicker, due to the rain. He panted, waiting until it was completely unlit to start skinning it, starting by making a ring around its neck and then slitting all the way down to its belly, making another ring there, which took longer. He then ripped off the skin and balled it up, returning to the Tavern so he could stretch and dry it.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Well...i would like just to understand. in order to play on your server, this IS required, correct? I think to my knowledge, this is just something to make sure you can RP on the server..but I've been mistaken before.
Hello there Reshef, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

Thank you for the story!

I would actually say that the Alliance is starting to lean more into 'bad guy' territory, of late. Maybe I just find the Horde's justification for what they do to be better than the Alliance's.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
*Hugs the Mita* Good to see you made it!
can always make it to a party :D