Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Castles!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking of some good RP locations, and two main places came to mind. After all this time, there are two places I am pretty sure would have been cleared out by now ICly.

Durnholde Keep.
And
Stromgarde Keep.

Both of these places, especially Stromgarde, I think should have a phased portal option. Just because you know, it has been years since heroes have constantly run into both places wiping out the bandit/evil and whatnot inhabitants. And besides, my new cult needs a place to chill, and what better place than Stromgarde?
In my experience, the GMs are less likely to do this if it's for a specific group. But yeah, some castle or fortress areas might be fun.
Lore-wise, I don't think any place has actually been "cleaned out" so to speak. The Deadmines still has Defias running around in it, the Black Temple probably is still crawling with demons and Illidari forces. Its just the leaders or evil overlords of the place have been killed along with a portion of the forces inside the raid, or in your case, the castle.
If Stromgarde was clear, then the people from Refuge Point would be in it, no doubt.
Phased castles would be fun for general RP, yes. But lore-wise, they're likely not cleaned out.
Back in the day I had cleaned out and rebuilt Stromgarde. We had a huge event for it and moved all the Refuge Point people in.

It was a lot of work to get buildings to look functional again, though the storyline was good fun. But interest waned quickly afterward, as it tends to do.

So yeah, we've done it before around here, but the rp payoff for all the time put into setting custom castles/places up wouldn't be high enough to do again after every restart, in my opinion.