Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hi, I'm Sylv-... Jalina! :D
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
First and foremost? Gee, um. My name is Sylviia. I'm a decent enough roleplayer, although I'm laid back I guess. I'm just here to have fun. I don't like to get worked up about lore to much. I try to keep my character in the boundaries of lore of course, and I try to read and ask questions so I don't go out of lore, but as far as other peoples characters goes, I don't really care that much? If that makes sense. It doesn't bother me if someone doesn't follow lore strictly to the teeth is all.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I was born in China, raised 90% in America. English is my primary lingo, although I can do a good bit of Chinese.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
My friend wanted to play Warcraft 3 on my computer yeeeaaars ago because his parents were religious zealots. I sort of started to play it one day, and after beating the campaign I started to play online games. At first custom games, then I got into games like LoaP and DoBRP. I never liked Dota. Funnily ( not a word, I know) enough, when I got into WoW, I started out in PvP. Wasn't until I got into private servers that I began RPing.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
A friend told me.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Well, honestly I prefer hardcore RP, in character 95% of the time, with as little OOC communication as possible. Makes it less predictable. but at the same time I like to talk to people so I use /p and /g a lot. :P Anyway, I'm really laid back I guess. I have my own standards that I try to amount to in roleplaying but don't care that much if others are below or above them.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Favorite race? Black Dragons or Wastewander Nomads. um, possibly the "black" part in both races? Idk why I like them, I just kind of do. Black Dragons are very good as an evil but intelligent race. They are perfect examples of chaotic evil, showing absolutely no remorse, regret, or humanistic feelings toward anything they do, BUT they aren't stupid mad-scientists trying to "ransom" off the world. And I like the Wastewander Nomads because... ;3

My favorite class is definitely... I don't even. >.< Rogue and mage I suppose. OOCly if that's what your asking. Otherwise I like political spots. Call me boring, but I don't PvP anymore, so only battle I do is /e. And I like being powerful and having a higher status in society, since I know how to do it right. Yes, I am a budding dictator. ^.^

What are your expectations of this server?:
Uh, at the moment just another roleplaying server. I heard it's really good though, and since it requires an application to get in, I expect it to be filtered from most of the lulz 'n' stuff. I don't mind it in short bursts, but if you can't be mature at any time of the day then leave me alone.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The Humility section. Because as my Dad beat into my brain, my world revolves around the people around me. If they are happy, then I will be happy. Of course I've found that even if they are unhappy, if they are doing work for me, then I'll be happy... Not helping my case, I know. But I can say that I like to play the back-stage character. The one who manipulates situations, or teaches and helps guide other characters. In other words, characters that enable other characters to learn and develop more. Course my character will have some roundness to her as well. (Definitely not an innuendo there. I did read the rules. ;3 )

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Amanda was crying as she kissed her daughter good night. She didn't want to ever let her go. "Mommy, why are you crying?" her daughter asked? But she couldn't answer. How could she explain to her daughter, that this was the last time they'd ever see one another alive? The man in the military uniform pulled her shoulder, leading her from the bedroom. He practically had to drag her as she broke down, her legs barely able to move from fear. A woman in a doctors outfit tells her something about taking care of her daughter and that she'll get everything she'll need. A man began to explain to Amanda as they walked what she was charged for. Treason of the state, exploitation, terrorism... she had flash backs of her actions in the previous months as he went down the list. Something clicked in Amanda. She realized it was all worth it. She remembered not being afraid of death. She wiped her tears from her eyes, her chin rising as they led her to the back of a police van. She looked around, counting the soldiers. But, she wasn't formulating her escape, she was taking in the colors. Her nostrils were rushed with a freshness she'd never before experienced, her breath was taken from her. The world seemed to fall apart around her, everything glowing with a beauty and shine. And she whispered "Am I dreaming?"

The hammer of the gun echoed in the cold, rainy night. Amanda's body dropped to the floor in a slump. A flash of light followed by another thunderous bang echoed inside the house they'd just taken Amanda from. The street went quiet, with only a few hours left before the sun would rise, and a new family would be shown the house that was now for sale. Apartment 32-706.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nothing at the moment. :) OH! Actually, I'm not an avid forum user. I like to scroll threw and read, but I don't always post.
Jalina, welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

Nice to meet you, Sylviia! I'm Gabriel. Anywho, I'd suggest looking at our rules, policies and guides as a way to get the feel of how things roll 'round them here parts.

We also have a guide section on the forums, as well a restart profile guide of my own making, that I'd suggest glancing over before writing your first character profile as it will likely make the approval go a tad more smoothly.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask me in-game (I'm usually on Uthaniel, Munix, Juna or Marian), or anyone else, really! I'm also always available for a forum PM.

Have fun!
Thanks, Gabriel

I'll do just that! Looking over the stuff now. :) An I'm sure I'll have a dozen or so questions later on but until then glad to be here and I hope to see you in game soon. ^.^