Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: House of the Arcane Contraption
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:OOC Addendum: As far as I know, I am allowed to make this guild, as I was given an OK by a GM. If I am incorrect in my assumption, apologies. Assurances that Annabelle won't assume any lore-messing authority

You could easily do away with any concern here by claiming the guild as being a chapter of the House, and not representative of the upper echelons at all. This would also make it logical for your specific chapter to meet outside of the lore-place but not in-game represented building, as your chapter could be established in another location for ease of access and the like.

Just my suggestion. I'd love to see this get off the ground!

Edit: As another suggestion, a divided council between the different 'gears' might also be a good way to avoid any issues with authority. Also might be a rather fun dynamic.
I just wanted to delete my Gnome techie because of a lack of rp...Guess I won't...
Thank you for the advice Rigley, but while I want this "guild" to get off the ground, I am not sure I am fit to lead. I.E. events, orders, that sort of thing. I've been quite burnt out in that aspect since the House of Autumn days of yore. I worry too much about pleasing everybody and then...well, you know. Thus, I didn't intend for it to be a specific anything. Just a group of techno-casters that might know each other from the House. The ranks are more for flavor than anything.

Anyway!

Could you clarify on the divided council? Do you mean a "head" for each Gear, or a separate group of figureheads altogether that oversee all sections?
(11-03-2011, 03:03 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: [ -> ]Could you clarify on the divided council? Do you mean a "head" for each Gear, or a separate group of figureheads altogether that oversee all sections?

Actually the council was a way around burnout, where you would be appointing members (however many you see fit) to form an IC council for the group which could determine any kind of events or the like. So five (or more, if you've got enough or there are multiple active and promising members) to form up the leadership in a way. I'll stress particularly that this should be held by those you know are willing to do events or hold meetings and the like, not just people who can RP the leadership role well.

And to clarify, I don't necessarily mean that you should do anything big with that-- I find it rather logical though that there might be some hierarchy in a group from a particular organization which meets in one (or multiple) locations. Think of it as a club, if you want to look at it in more simplistic terms; While odds are they aren't going to do anything massive together they meet for mutual entertainment and conversation, and all that sort of thing. Even in those there are people who make decisions though, such as what the members can work towards and all.

Of course this is still all just a suggestion, depending on exactly where you wish to go with this! As a fellow engineer enthusiast I just wanted to give some thoughts on the matter.
You had me at Rango/Hans Zimmer <3
Well, I'll see how many people join and I'll work from there. Thanks!
I can throw in a lil bit of a technomage gnome, darlin'. :)
Where'd you get that beautiful art on the top?
Credit for that is at the bottom! Hiddengecko made it for me.
Yay for our two newest members! Tibby, and Samuel.
Veddy intevesting... veddy intevesting indeed. I might join. I've always seen Techno-Magick as interesting. A whole guild, my, that's just above and beyond awesome.
The guild has been disbanded OOCly, but is still kicking around ICly! I would humbly ask all potential players of techno-casters to look this over and see if it catches your fancy.

Again, do not consider this a "guild", in the usual sense of scheduled events and provided RP. This is a shared history and facet, which RP can be built from.

Happy tinkering!