Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: The Light and the Mind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Light and Shadow, the two opposing dichotomies of faith in the Azerothian world, yeah?

My question is this...

How much effect does/can the Light have on the mind? Can it influence it, heal it to any degree? I suppose one would have to wonder what the mind consists of in Warcraft lore: something ephemeral and invisible, or just the physical brain, or both? Separate from the spirit? What is the spirit? On and on...

I am not taking one side or the other right now.

Discuss! And thank you for ideas.
How I see it, (as suggested to me by lore).

Light, natural vitality, major feelings, all types of corruption tend to seep from one circle into another.

[Image: view.jpg]

I would say the light tends to come in through the Spirit/body direction, while shadow from into a Mind/Spirit direction. (Things like arcane coming into the body/mind direction)

So I'd say the Light can mainly assist with mental harm/damage/etc rather by soothing spirit and keeping it uncorrupted rather than directly perfoming the mind-healing that is the shadow's bit.
Hehe, did you make that diagram yourself? Spells like Hymn of Hope, Fear Ward, Inner Focus and Inner Will (a Cataclysm spell) got me thinking.

Thanks!
Bump! I'd like some more input and viewpoints.
Hmm I'm not sure, though I think people can find rest in their faith, just as they can Irl. So yes, light can ease the mind. Whether that effect is purely psychological or real I don't now. Shadow may do the same, or the opposite.