Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well, I'm generally easy going. I enjoy playing the game, and have quite a tolerance for others playing the game. I usually find myself being a source of comic relief, or a 'bro'. Laugh

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from the United States. My primary language is English. I know a little bit of Spanish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've played Warcraft since Humans vs Orcs, when I was a wee lad. It was introduced to me by my older brother. I discovered RP in WC3.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
My old roleplay community (Which I will leave unnamed) was going down the toilet, so I decided to migrate.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy roleplay that's set-back and mostly social. I enjoy the occasional spar/rollfight when there aren't heavy consequences.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite would have to be the Thalassian Blood Knight. I've always loved Thalassian lore and I love the whole Blood Knight scene.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm hoping for a source of good roleplay to keep me entertained.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I really enjoy the part about humility. I'm not a fan of people taking roles such as Knight-Commander <Name> of the Alliance who charges in on their white horse and glowing gold armor to save the day. Everyone has their time to be a hero. It isn't every moment, though.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Iris turns to Kelynos, a sorrowful look upon her face. "Kelynos..."

"What is it, dear?" He would respond nervously.

"I am afraid we must part ways..." She would hastily climb to her feet and dart out of the home.

Kelynos would sit there, shattered and confused. The man would have no knowledge of why Iris would leave him. For the next few days, Kelynos would spend his days at Wayfarer's rest, drinking his sorrows away. As he sat there at the tavern, a deep rage would brew up. A sleeping dragon would begin to awake. Kelynos would not see Iris again for another month. And when he did, the dragon was unleashed.

A man and a woman would walk into the tavern, their hands in each other's grasp. As they strut by the bar counter, the woman would catch Kelynos' eye. All the fury of the elf was about to unleash. He would rise to his feet, approaching the girl and her companion. "Who the hell is this man!?" He would ask in his drunken rage.

"Leave us alone Kelynos, don't you have somewhere to be..?"

"Answer me Iris! Who the hell is this elf?"

The girl's companion would finally chime in, "I am Selkie."

Selkie. The man who was supposed to be dead. The man who Kelynos replaced in Iris' life. He had returned, and now Kelynos knew why Iris had left him.

"You never loved me. Did you Iris..?" His rage would subside, leaving only a deep depression. He would rush out of the tavern, returning to his home in Silvermoon City. The home that he bought after proposing to Iris, so that when they had gotten married, they could live together. This house would remind him daily of her, not helping his depression one bit.

Only one thing would save Kelynos from himself. And it would be a brother. Not a brother by blood, but a brother in arms; a brother in friendship. The very man who would become a brother to Kelynos and save him from his depression, would be the very man whose return caused Kelynos' sorrow. Selkie. Through a strange series of events after their encounter at Wayfarer's Rest, the two developed a brotherly bond. The foundation being the ability to relate to each other. They were two very similar elves. Kelynos would feel for Selkie whenever he would complain about Iris. Despite the brotherhood Kelynos and Selkie developed, Kelynos would quietly resent Selkie for stealing Iris from him.

(( Sorry for the abrupt end of the story, sort of got tired of writing it out. ))

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I'm just looking forward to finding my place in this new roleplaying community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First of all, my sincerest apologies for the (somewhat) long wait. Usually the team gets to these in a day or so but it seem alot of people are on somewhat of a hiatus. But in spite of that...

Welcome Kelynos!

If you haven't done so yet, please head on over to the Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and maybe even read a few of the approved character profiles while you're there!

If you have any questions, do no hesistate to ask them on the forums or simply send a PM to me, other forum helpers or the GM team!

I hope you will enjoy your time here on the server!