Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Fel Sworn and Demon Hunters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For the past little while (About when we started discussing this whole elemental mage fiasco) we’ve also been holding a separate discussion concerning Demon hunters, Fel Sworn, and their availability to the general populace.

Ultimately the Gm team has decided that Demon Hunters and Fel Sworn indeed will be available to play under. HOWEVER, these classes will come in a different flavor than we are accustomed to.

Fel Sworn – As per before, Fel Sworn will be warlocks who study and worship demons while also consuming their blood in order to improve their own powers. The blood addiction, however, will not bring forth heinous mutations. (At the most it would cause dry lips, pale skin, and raw flesh about the eyes.) While warlocks are normally tutored in the arts with little to no involvement of demons, Fel Sworn, on the other hand are those who have been tutored either by a demon or another fel sworn. The benefit in this is that the fel sworn have an expanded arsenal of spells in result of their training underneath the (Possibly literal) wing of a demon.

Rosencrat Edit: A Fel-Sworn can also be a melee fighter who, pledging his loyalty to a demon directly or through a Fel-Sworn proxy, consumes demon blood for power and strength.

Demon Hunters – Just as the Fel Sworn, the demon hunters have been dumbed down significantly. While they are still full demon hunters who embarked upon the training path we had outlined before, they are limited to only the basics of demon hunting techniques. No metamorphosis, no absurd mastery of the blade, simply the basics.

Notice: In order to apply for either of these classes, post your idea along with a complete profile upon the private discussion forum where the GM team can work with you to hammer out any possible faults. From there the idea will either be approved or denied.
I'm glad everything got worked out, in so timely a fashion no less.

Spoiler:
And I bet you thought this post would be negative when you saw my name as the most recent post. :P
So this interpretation of Fel Sworn is that variety of warlocks we'd see in that cave out on the edge of the Valley of Trials?

The sort of warlock that deals, makes contracts, and does services for demons instead of enslaving them? Pacts instead of protection rackets?
This may very well be relevant to my interests. :o We shall see..
(11-30-2011, 10:16 PM)LostStranger Wrote: [ -> ]So this interpretation of Fel Sworn is that variety of warlocks we'd see in that cave out on the edge of the Valley of Trials?

The sort of warlock that deals, makes contracts, and does services for demons instead of enslaving them? Pacts instead of protection rackets?

Yup!
You said Fel Sworn have an expanded arsenal of spells. Isn't that kind of breaking that rule that the variant system set out where one variant can't be flat out better then the next? I mean a fel-sworn is almost like a "archwarlock". I'm not complaining weather it's a buff or just a type of variant, I was just hopeing you could explain this to me for a better understanding.

Also. Are there still ways on how to get fel mutations (just under a different name then Fel-Sworn), or are fel mutations just flat out retconed from here on out?

Edit: Sorry. I ment free-form system. Not varient system. Brain fart.
They might have more spells, but that doesn't necessarily make those spells more powerful. However, it is much more likely for someone trained by a demon to cast metamorphosis than someone who taught themselves via a book, or got training in a coven where their master likely had other pupils to tend to as well.
Kay. Good point. That clears things up a bit.

And the fel-mutations thing? Does that still exist in some form or are fel-mutations completely retconed and nonexistant from here on out?
Probably unavailable to players unless you ask for a CMC such as a satyr, Fel Orc, Felblood Elf, etc. Etc.
Was there ever a discussion for primals? Because I could imagine those are another "can get class abilities but no mutations" sort of thing?

Just curious :B
(12-01-2011, 09:03 AM)Beltharean Wrote: [ -> ]Probably unavailable to players unless you ask for a CMC such as a satyr, Fel Orc, Felblood Elf, etc. Etc.

GARMY!!! :D

*Cough*

On-topic, I'd like to say that I approve of this.
Very cool.

It's nice to see all these extra options (elemental mages before this) popping up.

Kudos.
Regarding mutations - Mutations of a Fel-sworn would only be very minor like as suggested in the beginning, pale skin, dry lips, your general addict physical symptoms. Mutations of a Demon Hunter do not exist save for probably extended nails but that's more of a Kaldorei racial trait than demonic mutation.

Primals - There was a small amount of discussion regarding them as well but, essentially, it doesn't seem likely that primals will be brought back.
(12-01-2011, 08:28 AM)rodentjoe Wrote: [ -> ]You said Fel Sworn have an expanded arsenal of spells. Isn't that kind of breaking that rule that the variant system set out where one variant can't be flat out better then the next? I mean a fel-sworn is almost like a "archwarlock". I'm not complaining weather it's a buff or just a type of variant, I was just hopeing you could explain this to me for a better understanding.

I think that fel-sworn may be a slight-misnomer. By this I mean, the original concept for fel-sworn comes from the d20 and they are by no means casters (They were really just melee footsoldiers and the like--mutated slaves to the Legion.) I just would like to make sure: we're changing the fel-sworn from their original concept so that they're essentially just spell-casting slaves to a demon?
Basically, yes.

(posted from the phone)
Pages: 1 2 3