Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Wanna help me improve my lore?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
WELP. Looks like class got cancelled, so I got a bit of extra time on my hands before I run off to work. Until then....

I have plenty of storyline and event ideas, mostly because I cannot -stand- RP being stagnant, so I try to open my options as much as possible should one storyline or event not occur, another can take place. My activity by far has dropped due to work and school, though I anticipate come Winter holiday, should I given the gift of housesitting, I can be a busy bee again. And try TeamSpeak. Be prepared for my annoying voice, I can be a bubbly beatch.

SO IMMY! HOW WILL EVENTS AND STORYLINES ANY OF THIS IMPROVE YOUR LORE?

Simple. It gives me something to relate to and explore.

As with real life, just because you're this type of person does not mean you know your group's culture and history with full understanding. Just like not every American knows American history and culture (lord knows how this is true), not every orc knows orcish history, not every human knows human history, and so forth. Besides managing <The Love Exchange>, I try to think of ways to create storylines and event chains that explore certain aspects of lore that are either ignored, never elaborated, or just thought to have existed beyond implications and word of God. I, on the other hand, while imperfect with lore, my curiosity knows no bounds. For this reason, I propose to you storylines and event chains that can possibly help me in discovering lore.

Self-serving as it is, this is also done to invite other players to explore their races' lore and history. Bear in mind, none of these storylines have officially been launched. I have an event in mind I want to do in January before I can begin any of these as event chains.

Please, please bear in mind that though these stories have my characters as a focus, they are moreso plot devices than actual lead characters. I want other players to be the heroes (or villains) in each or any story--in fact, I feel more fulfilled as a storyteller when someone takes the hero helm while I step down and lay out the path for adventure to follow. I'm not the hero, I'm the plot device. You be the mentor, the bounty hunter, the spiritualist, etc.

If you want to collaborate on a story using any of mine as your vehicle, reply to this blog or send me a PM. I'm more than happy to let you take the spotlight in any of my stories :).

As Head Storyteller:

1.) The Path of the Horde: [Orc-focused/ General Horde] [Coming of Age story]. Mana'Gal is training for her Om'Riggor, but she is not only incompetent with weapons, she still has some fel energy in which the spirits would likely not approve of her should she successfully kill a beast. She has been urged to become a shaman, but she is not interested in leaving behind whom she thought as demon friends. Meanwhile, due to living much of her life in isolation, she is ignorant of cultural trends and norms with her own people as well as other Hordes, so she tends to come off as unfavorable to everyone around her. In addition to this, she has shallow hatred towards humans for the internment without any full grasp or knowledge of her people's past in Draenor. This can also be an "exploratory" RP on what it means to be a member of the Horde. The storyline officially ends when Mana'Gal succeeds in her Om'riggor. The goal of this RP is to incite more Horde RP.

Players taking the lead roles are either Mana's teacher or possible love interest (thanks to her grandfather) or just generally a friend (as Mana is a nub). Or they can convince her to continue the path of the warlock. Either way, you can decide on her fate.

2.) The Alterac Traitor: [Human-focused/ General Alliance] [Suspense/Redepmtion/Action]. Dr. Dino was a spy and informant in Alterac during the Second War, having a hand in assisting the Orcish Horde before he deserted the kingdom and fled to Stormwind as a former citizen of Kul Tiras. Given how it's unclear how war criminals are handled in Azeroth or if all war crimes only fall on Lord Perenolde, nevertheless I hope to use this as a vehicle for learning human lore. This story can either go to the direction of Alliance law enforcement wanting him captured, a bounty placed on his head, etc. I am unsure of how an ex-Alterac spy would be handled in WoW, but suggestions are appreciated.

Players taking a lead role can either be after Dino's head, collaborate with him for whatever wicked scheme he/she has, and so forth. The story ends with either his arrest, his death, or his name being cleared.

Those are the two storylines I have so far that I myself lead. I am Assistant-DMing these other storylines, which was given to me to help in trying to do some more faction/racial lore exploration:

3.) A Song of the Sun: [Blood Elf-focused/ possibly available to both factions]. Two high elf brothers, Aryeon (CappnRob) and Urameil, split after a dispute that lead to the destruction of a noble arcanist family, Sunsong, long before the rise of the Blood Elves. Meant to explore the history of elves within the Alliance and their connections with the Horde, as well as to provide a story of intrigue with a story of a noble family's fall. Headed by CappnRob. I don't know what his plans are as far as how this story will be told, but ideas are appreciative.

There are others, I'm sure, but I don't know if he still hopes to launch them.

ANYWAY...

I know there are other storylines out there. I got involved with "Blood Trails", and though Urameil was a passive follower of the story, I loved it for what it was. I love Storyline RP to death, moreso than any other RP out there. Reading Wowwiki/Wowpedia is an option for me to learn lore, as is actually playing the games, but I find more enjoyment in learning a setting and history if I myself am involved with the story. If you have any other storyline ideas that involve lore/culture/history exploration, SUGGEST THEM TO ME!!! Hell, I can even help DM it if you're too shy to launch it yourself.

The poll provided above is which of my current storylines are the ones you're interested in the most. Once January rolls around, and after I finish a survival week event I'm currently planning for (it's a secret for now), I'll begin an event chain with the storyline with the most votes. Hopefully I'll run this faster and better than the Torr storyline.

Other Storylines:

1.) [A Gnome story] Suggestions needed!

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)
I would like to humbly suggest something for the Gnomes we love and cherish, perhaps with the mechanognome thing? :)

(Or, perhaps, seeking out the mystery of the Sand Gnomes, or other tribal gnomes that have not yet been "discovered" by the Alliance)
I have noticed Gnome lore has been largely ignored IC. I do have a gnome character, Pulla, but she almost never sees RP... mostly because, well, I would have no reason to have her. The Mechagnome "thing", or something that refers to the fall of Gnomeregan does seem rich for RP story material.

I'll have to brainstorm on ideas on how a Gnome story can be brought forth :D.
If you would like to brainstorm together on the gnome [gloriousness], I would be delighted! Despite the fact that I do not play Caravan as [anywhere near] a typical gnome, I've done my homework.

Hug

Edited to say: Your Orc story sounds like fun, too! I have a Grandmother Orc who is collecting dust. :)
I can totally help with the Orc one. Send me a PM, add me on Skype (muhaha881), whatever works.
So can I.
My Skype's ID/name/whatever is Kira13f. Be sure to add me. ^ ^
(12-08-2011, 02:00 PM)Brisalis Wrote: [ -> ]If you would like to brainstorm together on the gnome [gloriousness], I would be delighted! Despite the fact that I do not play Caravan as [anywhere near] a typical gnome, I've done my homework.

Hug

Edited to say: Your Orc story sounds like fun, too! I have a Grandmother Orc who is collecting dust. :)

Oh, lawdy, elderly female orcs do exist in this server. I foresee lulz with Mahen'Tosh. They must meet. Yes, yes, yes.

(12-08-2011, 02:04 PM)muhaha8 Wrote: [ -> ]I can totally help with the Orc one. Send me a PM, add me on Skype (muhaha881), whatever works.

(12-08-2011, 02:10 PM)13kira13 Wrote: [ -> ]So can I.
My Skype's ID/name/whatever is Kira13f. Be sure to add me. ^ ^

Will do!
My orc hunter Dhorgun's only just completed his own Om'Riggor and I'd happily get him involved in the Horde plot. He's around Mana'gal's age and has a very naive, traditional view on morality and Horde culture and so he's likely to urge Mana sharply away from the demonic should he interact with her to any length. Dhorgun's RP was tied heavily to Uthaniel's character Juna, but with his recent departure from the server he's freed up somewhat. Once he's completed the pilgrimage to Nagrand that Juna set him on, I need something else to do with him, so I'd be up for getting him involved in your plot! The orcish rite of passage is a really interesting bit of lore, so that's where my vote's went.

And although Mercy has enough to busy herself with at the moment, she's a noble from Kul Tiras like Dino - and like him, is an underhanded schemer with a lot of criminal connections. If you end up going forward with that plot, she might be able to get involved in that!

This gnome thing does sound interesting, though . . .
Gnome stuff? I had some gnome stuff planned... I'll add that to the list of things to discuss, Immy.
(12-08-2011, 02:12 PM)Sol Wrote: [ -> ]My orc hunter Dhorgun's only just completed his own Om'Riggor and I'd happily get him involved in the Horde plot. He's around Mana'gal's age and has a very naive, traditional view on morality and Horde culture and so he's likely to urge Mana sharply away from the demonic should he interact with her to any length. Dhorgun's RP was tied heavily to Uthaniel's character Juna, but with his recent departure from the server he's freed up somewhat. Once he's completed the pilgrimage to Nagrand that Juna set him on, I need something else to do with him, so I'd be up for getting him involved in your plot! The orcish rite of passage is a really interesting bit of lore, so that's where my vote's went.

And although Mercy has enough to busy herself with at the moment, she's a noble from Kul Tiras like Dino - and like him, is an underhanded schemer with a lot of criminal connections. If you end up going forward with that plot, she might be able to get involved in that!

This gnome thing does sound interesting, though . . .

More RP with Mercy?

Though the idea of an orc buddy for Mana is definitely needed. I have had Mahen'Tosh advertise his granddaughter so she can mate/marry another, which often results in lulz (or rage should a non-orc develop interest in her). Meanwhile, Mana has no interest in getting a mate. Lulz shall result should she buddy with a newly passed adult (even if they just stay friends) :D.
I already want to be involved with the Om'riggor story, just to expand on the differences and similarities between troll and orc culture through Madugo.

A Song of the Sun, while potentially open to all races who are interested, really is meant to be a Blood Elf storyline through and through. It's meant to be a diving into the affluent, decadent society that the high elves once lived out, an almost Shakespearean tale of sorts. The connection the Alliance and Horde will have as factions is mostly a "not so different after all/what a bunch of pricks" deal; they'll either sympathize with the blood elves (either as victims or as fellow countrymen), or they'll hate their guts for much the same reasons.

It'll also serve as a HISTORY LESSON for people who want to see more to blood elves than just a pretty pointy eared weeaboo race that everyone uses. You know, making blood elves respectable.
(12-08-2011, 02:24 PM)CappnRob Wrote: [ -> ]I already want to be involved with the Om'riggor story, just to expand on the differences and similarities between troll and orc culture through Madugo.

A Song of the Sun, while potentially open to all races who are interested, really is meant to be a Blood Elf storyline through and through. It's meant to be a diving into the affluent, decadent society that the high elves once lived out, an almost Shakespearean tale of sorts. The connection the Alliance and Horde will have as factions is mostly a "not so different after all/what a bunch of pricks" deal; they'll either sympathize with the blood elves (either as victims or as fellow countrymen), or they'll hate their guts for much the same reasons.

It'll also serve as a HISTORY LESSON for people who want to see more to blood elves than just a pretty pointy eared weeaboo race that everyone uses. You know, making blood elves respectable.

Much like my human story, I do hope for A Song of the Sun to be done as a means of exploring the people of this race beyond shallow popularity. How often do people RP humans as WoW humans or the elves as, well, blood elves? Not often do I see it. That's why I have The Alterac Traitor and A Song of the Sun open as options. Popular as the races are, I don't think many players have a full understanding of what it means to be either race.
(12-08-2011, 02:28 PM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-08-2011, 02:24 PM)CappnRob Wrote: [ -> ]I already want to be involved with the Om'riggor story, just to expand on the differences and similarities between troll and orc culture through Madugo.

Much like my human story, I do hope for A Song of the Sun to be done as a means of exploring the people of this race beyond shallow popularity. How often do people RP humans as WoW humans or the elves as, well, blood elves? Not often do I see it. That's why I have The Alterac Traitor and A Song of the Sun open as options. Popular as the races are, I don't think many players have a full understanding of what it means to be either race.

I made a thread a few weeks ago complaining about exactly that!

It didn't go anywhere because the only people who replied to me where all nodding in silent agreement. :D
(12-08-2011, 02:31 PM)CappnRob Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-08-2011, 02:28 PM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: [ -> ]

I made a thread a few weeks ago complaining about exactly that!

It didn't go anywhere because the only people who replied to me where all nodding in silent agreement. :D

YOU HAVE TO BE MORE PROACTIVE, MAN!!!
THAT'S WHAT THE SONG OF THE SUN IS FOR.

I'll consider what I can contribute to the Alterac Traitor as well. I've said in the past to you privately that Cristo probably wouldn't get involved, but then again I've said a lot of things about Cristo I've ended up changing over time.
Pages: 1 2 3