Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Misinformation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been tailing these two humans since they had left the Bay. That cursed town. As much as I hate it, the cretins I am asked to find tend to loiter amongst the filth of that Goblin town. Their discussion seems to be getting me nowhere... Something of gifts and money...

One of them must be Tavren Black.

I have been approached by two individuals, one Forsaken and the other a fellow Sindorei, to find as much as I could about the man named Tavren Black. One could only assume this would be a simple task.

How wrong I was...

I followed them to the Gurubashi Arena, keeping myself safe amongst the Shadow. All went well as I remained undetected.

The one with the sword is alone now. He should be Tavren Black.

I approached the man, hoping to get him to answer a few questions for me. Simple questions. Name. What he did. Where he hailed.

He wants to fight.

A foolish decision. I have never been a skilled fighter. I felt a simple course of mind games and tricks could deceive the oaf into submission. Charging a warrior was obviously a bad choice. Hopefully that will throw him off enough to get a good attack in.

Pain. Unbearable pain. Where is this coming from?

There stood a man watching the fight. The one that was accompanied by this warrior. I paid no mind to his appearance. My target is in front of me. This is life or death.

I will not die today.

The memory of this fight... It is blurred.

I remember those words. "This human must die so that I may live."

I remember seeing the warrior on the ground.

That pain. It returns.

The man outside the arena stood and watched.

Brother. Ralerian. Where are you?

Everything fades to black.

I do not know where I am. For the first time in years, I feel nothing but fear. Brother. I call for your help. Please hear me.

This darkness. It is comforting. The pain is gone. I feels as if I'm... Floating. Levitation. I need not to walk. It feels as if this darkness will remain.

I cannot give up. I am still needed.

So calming. I could forget everything in this relaxation. Who was I?

Aendron Darkwhisper.

What was my purpose?

All of those secrets cannot remain hidden. My brother I cannot leave behind again. And Elend...

Would they even notice that I am gone? But... I could not answer that thought in the darkness. It seemed to fade. The cool relaxation replaced by a warm light.

What could this be?

It felt so much like the summers of my youth, when I would lay upon the shore simply staring at the sky. No more did it feel like that cold winter night.

The pain is returning.

I can feel the weight of the world returning. The levitation must have been lifted. But this light? This light... Is it possible that Brother heard my cry?

I can feel others. Two. One must be the source of this light. But this pain...

Such an unbearable force. I can feel it. Everywhere. It as if I had forgotten my body, only to relearn it from the stabbing of knives and the burning of fire.

Can no one else feel this pain?

All I can do is scream. Scream. As loud as possible. If brother had not heard me before, he must hear me now. I refuse to be alone in that darkness again.

The light is gone...

It felt as if it were only seconds that I was in that darkness. In reality, it was at least an hour.

I can see once more.

I look around the room for any signs of life, everything in a blurr with the muffled sounds of a discussion. There are two men. One looks to be dressed as a Quel'dorei. Who is this man? Who could he be? The other...

Brother.

He seems to be relieved of something as he spoke with the man. They seem to be friends... I can trust the other then. He left, saying something I couldn't fully understand. I could tell he was speaking in Thalassian, but the words... I cannot hear them...

It's as if my ears had stopped working properly.

Brother approaches, his words hardly understandable. The words slowly found their meaning within my mind. Language and all of its meanings returning slowly to my mind. Before the words could find themselves back to my mouth, before I could thank my brother for hearing my call, he said all I needed to know. To let me know that he had arrived not long after that darkness came to me.

"I will find them all and I will kill them, brother."

------

Killer: Craer under orders of Tavren

Resurrector: Aryeon as asked by Ralerian

Short term effects: Frequent loss of consciousness. Occasional inability to comprehend language and slowed speech. Body aches coupled with extreme fatigue. Inability to keep solid foods down. Fever and weakness.

Long term effects: A fear of arenas and fighting seems to loom over him. Avoiding fights at all costs. Humans seem to make him extremely uneasy, especially ones carrying swords and/or wearing a purple shirt.

Permanent effects: Random bouts of vomiting after eating certain foods. Weight gain becomes more difficult. Occasionally becoming short of breath and difficulty breathing. Dull body aches plague him nearly all the time.