Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Mountain Kings/Dwarven Avatars?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I read that Mountain Kings can use some lighting-based abilities/spells. My question is, how do they get these, and can they be of another element ?
..I believe they get it by studying and dedicating to it, and I don't know if they can use another element, though shamans exist in Dwarves.
Quote:They conjure magic hammers and axes to hurl at their targets, stunning and slowing them so they can get close enough to use their real weapons.

Quote:They conjure magic hammers and axes to hurl at their targets,

Quote:They conjure magic hammers and axes

Quote:conjure magic

Quote:magic

Arcane. Not Shamanistic elements.
Then they certainly are their own class.
As if shamanism isn't magic.
And besides, fire and ice is arcane, as well.
Not Arcane. Which is what it means. The hammer spell doesn't actually shoot a lightning bolt. It conjures an image out of Arcane, which is thrown off of the -real- hammer.

For Thunder Clap, he just stomps the ground really hard.
What about Avatar ?
It's detailed as the inner spark of a Titan within all Dwarves. They just harness it.
So all Ironforge dwarves can Avatar ?
Nope. It's a trained thing, just like nearly every other spell.
Let me explain a bit more on what I said; Arcane is something that every Humanoid on Azeroth has the potential to manipulate, with the rare exception of a few. However, can everyone use Arcane? No, it has to be trained within that person for years. Considering how few can use Avatar for Dwarves, I'd imagine the training was either very vigorous or very long.
I would personally be against people using Avatar, unless the players involved agree for it to be used.

It's spell immunity. >.>
Well then, what about Dwarven avatars?
Would these be allowed as a variant class?
I suppose?

Give it a shot?
Um, guys, the storm hammer isn't arcane. It's nature. While mostly just Wildhammer dwarfs are shamans, every dwarf holds a reverence for the elements of earth and thunder. "Magic" doesn't mean anything, because every school is magic, even the divine. And furthermore, arcane makes little sense on its own merit, because the dwarfs have been somewhat apprehensive about it ever since the Darkirons used their vaguely defined dark magic to turn Grim Batol into a horrible nightmare city.

The dwarven avatar class is just an off-shoot of the Mountain King's avatar ability. They're basically the same thing, but Mountain King is also a title of nobility as well.

/dorfguru
That's what I meant about their abilities. So can dwarves use anything else except earth and thunder/lighting? Fire, maybe?
Pages: 1 2