Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Wildcard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wildcard
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am a pretty relaxed guy, just want to have fun and enjoy good RP.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from the United States of America, more specifically California. English is my native language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I had known about World of Warcraft for a number of years and tried the private server scene on and off but couldn't seem to get into the whole casual thing. Coming from a long time roleplaying Neverwinter Nights PW I was used to the deep character interaction and immersive story which I couldn't find on regular WoW servers.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I found CoH through a google search; after looking at the other WoW RP Private servers this one seemed like it had the most potential.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Heavy RP; as I stated above I came from roleplaying NWN server which I have been playing on since I was 13. I am 22 now.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
For race; I would say human. All my characters on NWN were human with the exception of one half elf character. As for classes I don't really have one; whichever fits the character really.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Good roleplaying environment, decent number of players online and an entertaining story.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
"All players on this server are expected to be familiar with the history of Azeroth. While some of us take this to a level bordering on the encyclopedic, a working familiarity with basic timelines will suffice. In addition to this, all players are expected to have a character concept that makes sense within the context of Azerothian history. This concept should be readily communicable through the player's in-character words and actions, and players are expected to remain in character a majority of the time. Public character channels, such as /say, /emotes and /yell should be in character (IC) as much as possible, but out of character (OOC) chat is permitted as long as it is clearly defined, such as by double parenthesis ((as such)). Be aware that people usually dislike this, and will ask you to stop if you speak out of character in a channel reserved for IC communication. Guild channels will be defined by their guild leader"

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This is a biography of one of the characters that I played on the NWN server I mentioned. This story takes place in the Forgotten Realms in a particular country called Sembia. "Randal is from Salagaunt, a city in Sembia where the elite merchant families run the town to their pleasure. Randal's father was a merchant who ran your average buisness selling wares to anyone who would buy them. To his misforunate he and the other merchants were forced to pay protection money by one of the guardsmen who a lackey one of the elite family members as a way of bolstering his own personal income. Randal's father refused and thus the guardsmen and his thugs set fire to his home as a result Randal's family was killed but somehow the flames did not harm Randal leading him to believe the firelord Kossuth had protected him and vowed to take revenge in a manner which fitted the firelord's name. He burned the guardsmen alive and than fled the city where he learned to live in the wilderness with a guidience of a local ranger and eventually came upon the refugee camp of Flynn where he learned of their plight and sympathized so he decided to remain in order to help these people rebuild."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: Nothing else really
Welcome, *! (See wut I did thar? ;))

I remember playing NWN in the past. Did you ever play EverQuest? I made a brief attempt to recreate West Freeport in a NWN map. I thought it was pretty nifty, though unfortunately I didn't get too far.

As far as immersive environment, there's certainly the potential! And human is one of the popular races on the server (despite the server name), so it probably won't be too difficult to get into a group revolving around human-centric RP.

Of course, don't forget to review the Rules, Wiki, and FAQs! If you need assistance connecting to the server, there's a global announcement with information regarding that.

Hope you enjoy your stay!