Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: In Defense and Siege
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 35iptvs.jpg]

The Defense of Godford Manor

"Who now has the strength to hold against this tide of death that approaches?" - Dalikan Godford, Argent Templar.

Who will answer the Call to Arms?

All those who are friend and/or ally of the Silverfang's or Dalikan Godford have been called to the defense of Godford Manor against the Scourge army that threatens its gates.

What is the Defense?

The Scourge forces of Gel'rek the Lich are led by Dalrin and his tough Bodyguard Relain. The types of Scourge that march for the Manor are beyond count; Crypt Fiends, Ghouls, Geists, Ghosts, Shades, Acolytes, Necromancers, Skeletons, Gargoyles, Wraiths, Banshees... Luckily for the defenders there are no Abominations but one, and no Frost Wyrms at all. The Defense will be the stand against this army of unholy enemies.

When is the Defense?

The Defense is on Saturday, December 17th. The First Wave charges at their gates at 2:00 PM Server Time.

What are the rules of Combat?

The Rules of Combat are as follows;

-Each Player begins the Fight with 8 HP.

-NPCs die at the DMs discretion.

-Should a Player reach 0 HP, they will be given a choice; Flee back to the Manor until two waves have passed, where they will return as half-health, or to continue fighting. If you reach -2 HP, your character will die.

-Rolls will be done the good ol' Threshold style - I say 'Roll above 35 to attack/defend', you roll. You get above the number called, you succeed. You get below the number called, you gain the pity of not succeeding.

What happens if I die?

Your character dies, and will be either laid to rest or set aside for resurrection - depending on your OOC decision. Remember, however, if you pick Rez, it's not instant. Your rez will still have to apply by the Server rules on resurrections.

I have another question, oh Dalikan almighty... What about Healing?

Heal Limits from Assistants are as follows;

-Paladins are restricted to giving 2 Heals the entire battle.

-Priests are restricted to giving 10 Heals the entire battle.

-Shamans are restricted to giving 3 Heals the entire battle.

-Druids are restricted to giving 2 Heals the entire battle.

-Death Knights are restricted to giving 5 Death Coils (Only giveable to other DKs or yourself) the entire battle.

Healing is as follows;

You say 'I wanna heal (Insert Name Here)', I say 'Roll 1-3', you roll 1-3, and whatever you get will be the amount you heal.

(This Dalikan cannot be held responsible for anyone that dies because they consistently get bad rolls.)

Any other questions about this Event? Please post below or PM me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: 99nwco.jpg]

The Siege of Necromancy Hold

"Who now has the Courage to charge through Hell and back with me, to destroy this accursed evil forever?!" - Dalikan Godford, Argent Templar.

WARNING: DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT IT SPOILED BEFORE YOU'VE PARTICIPATED IN THE DEFENSE OF GODFORD MANOR

Who will answer the Call to Arms?

Any who call themselves enemies of evil and of the Scourge. So far these are gathered; The Blades of the Silverfang, Black's Drakes, The Tumultus Crusade, The Tri-Written, and several bannerless allies of Ruibarra and Dalikan.

What is the Siege?

After the successful defense of Godford Manor, the combined allies unite under the Banner of Courage and march to siege Necromancy Hold, the accursed Scourge base that had earlier in time unleashed it's full power on those holed up in the Manor of the Godfords. Silence rests over the horizon.

When is the Siege?

The Siege is on Saturday, January 7th, 2012. The first shot is fired at 2:00 PM Server Time.

What are the Rules of Combat?

The Rules of Combat are as follows;

-Every Player will begin with 8 HP. If you are knocked down to 0 HP, you will be given a choice; Flee back to the Forward Camp, where you will remain for the rest of the battle, or stay and continue to fight. If you continue to fight, and are smacked down to -2 HP, you will die, and your body will be pulled out of the battle for setting aside for burial or rez. Server Rules on Resurrections apply to rezzing if you die in this battle.

-NPCs will die at the DMs Discretion. That means do not go around killing left and right unless given the DMs permission.

Something not similar to the Defense is the matter of Siege Weapons and Defense Health. These matters are as follows;

-Mortars do 1 Damage to a building or Siege Weapon or blow apart a group of enemies if you succeed in a roll of 25 or above. Mortars have 3 HP.

-Ballista's do 2 Damage to a building or Siege Weapon or demolish a group of enemies if you succeed in a roll of 50 or above. Ballista's have 6 HP.

-The Ram will do 1/4 of 1 Damage to the Gate for every player nearby that rolls above 25. The Ram has 10 HP.

-Meat Wagons do 1 Damage to a Siege Weapon or you and anyone else nearby if you roll below 40. Meat Wagon's have 2 HP.

-Plague-Launchers do 2 Damage to a Siege Weapon or you and anyone else nearby if you roll below 50. Plague-Launchers have 4 HP.

-Ships (If there are any that come) do 1 Damage for the Captain rolling above 20, 2 Damage for above 40, 3 Damage for above 70 to any buildings and units in the path of the Broadside when it fires. Ships have 10 HP before they begin sinking.

-Flying Good Guys (If there are any other than Saiyuunub (Waitwut?)) will have 3 HP to lose until they enter 'damaged stage', where they are basically a giant, flying, fighting smoke flare in the sky, and 5 HP to lose until they either go down for the crash or simply explode in mid-air. They do 1 Damage for rolling above 30 with bullets, and 2 Damage for rolling above 60 with bombs.

-Wall Segments have 5 HP each.

-The Gate has 4 HP.

-Tree's have 2 HP. They will topple over and destroy anything they fall on when they go to 0 HP. The DM will debate about which direction the Tree falls in. If the Tree is falling in your direction, you are allowed to dodge with a roll of above 30. If it falls on you, you will suffer a 3 HP loss and will be trapped under a Tree like a noob.

-Small Houses have 6 HP each. Large Houses have 10 HP each.

-Special Buildings have 10 HP each.

-The Inn has 15 HP.

-The Town Hall has 20 HP.

-Please remember, we are not razing the Hold to the Ground. Buildings can be ICly destroyed as necessary, but it is preferred the entire town not be razed to the Ground. Else you shalt feel the wrath of an Angry Dalikan.

-For Melee/Ranged/Casting Combat, the rules are the same as the Defense; I say 'Roll above 35 to successfully attack/defend' and you roll. If you roll above, you succeed. If you roll below, you are a noob, and fail at hitting/blocking.

-Boss Encounters will die at the DMs highest discretion.

-When you are nearby Dalikan, Bearer of the Banner of Courage, you will gain a +15 to all rolls - Attack, Defend, and Siege.

I have another question, oh Dalikan the Epic... What about Healing?

Heal Limits from Assistants are as follows;

-Paladins are restricted to giving 2 Heals the entire battle.

-Priests are restricted to giving 10 Heals the entire battle.

-Shamans are restricted to giving 3 Heals the entire battle.

-Druids are restricted to giving 2 Heals the entire battle.

-Death Knights are restricted to giving 5 Death Coils (Only giveable to other DKs or yourself) the entire battle.

Healing is as follows;

You say 'I wanna heal (Insert Name Here)', I say 'Roll 1-3', you roll 1-3, and whatever you get will be the amount you heal.

(This Dalikan cannot be held responsible for anyone that dies because they consistently get bad rolls.)

Any other questions about this Event? Please post below or PM me.

Edit: Added Ships and Flying Machines to the mix - This is if there are any that attend from the giant call-to-arms.
How will healing work?
Will add that into the mess, thank you for noting that! :D
I usually use a system of rolling out of three. Whatever number one gets, 1-3, their target is healed that much.
That's the same system I use :3 Thanks for mentioning that about Healing, Cor! /hugz
Spoiler:
[IMG]http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/15/128765251301684136.jpg/IMG]
Alright, I'll quit spammin'
Hm, now that I read this over again...

How do you plan on keeping track of that much HP for that many people/objects? I'm quite certain us players (especially me, I suck in huge RP scenarios) will have trouble keeping up with it all.

I can see the potential for long debates about what building or tree or whatever has what HP.
Looks awesome sauce man! Very well planned out!
The buildings/Siege weapons I'll do the good ol' paper-drawn version... After all, there's only gonna be a certain amount of buildings and siege weapons, right? I'll draw out a map of the Hold for that, so yah.

As for the players? I'll have Word in the background illustrating all the fun HP's and stuff.

As for the Tree's... That was a bit far-fetched xD I'm now considering taking those out because of the obvious confusion you've pointed out.
There is a possibility I may be out this afternoon. If so, feel free to pretend Annabelle is tending to wounded sent to her in whatever medical area there is. Or use her as a healing NPC in battle! Maybe even dumping dusting the enemies in holy water in her flying machine.

Whatever works.

Hope I can attend, and if not, good luck!
Due to family issues regarding the date of the second event, it is being switched to a better date; To Be Announced.

My apologies.
Hopefully this time the Siege won't be interrupted by family issues. Anywho, the date of the Siege is now

Sunday, January 15th, 2012 at 2:00 PM Server Time

Hope to see you guys there, then.