Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Impossible!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

- Sherlock Holmes

[Image: a0rCqrQHGi95YZfQATpg_SIIZRZddZbLHa_efvqx...91iNEBCmUU]

The slaver empire has crumbled, loved ones are safe, and the apartments at 221B Murder Row are abandoned. Detective Sterling Hart has set out from his homeland and familiar Consulting Detective role to freelance for the most dangerous, exciting, and worthy cases worldwide. It is time to change. Time to move on. Time to prove, with the help of friends, rivals, and new allies, that he truly is the World's Greatest Detective.

I'm just making a small thread to organize the mini-events I like to run. I can post event times here (though they are often spontaneous), and hopefully collect a list of interested parties to join the events or run some on their own.

For those who've never joined a case, here are the details:

- Usually based around a mystery or crime Sterling is hired to solve
- Involve some investigation, but also drama, combat, comedy, adventure, socializing, or whatever people are in the mood for
- Anyone of any faction is welcome, and I always try to find relevant things for all involved to do so success is a group effort
- Usually one-night events, that start and end in a few hours, since my schedule is sporadic and long-term or planned events are hard for me
- Sterling is available for hire if it helps your stories

I'd love for anyone who likes detective stories, likes mini events, or just wants to meet people to RP with to join.

I'd also love for others to run. For example, Cressy ran an epic, world-crossing storyline and some one-shot events, Dotsy has run some events that crossover with the thieves guild, and so on.

Also, as noted above, if anyone has a story that might benefit from the character, let me know.

If you want me to let you know when I run things, want to keep up on any events, or want to run some of your own and want help, post here (or PM me, or write or talk to Sterling in game, or whatever).

I am on maybe an average of once or twice a week, rarely more, sometimes gone a lot, so I use this as a way to keep in touch with people and meet new people. Hope to see you.
Aww yeah.
Urameil does hope to use your services sometime soon (perhaps for the Sunsong story)! There is also something I may do for one of my major storylines, but we'll see. Either way, I'm more than happy to join. I love detective stories! <3
The Simple Joy of Riddles

It has been months since Sterling Hart foiled the terrorist plot against Silvermoon's nobility, in one of the first cases to make him famous, the Case of the Secret Seamstress. The energetic detective has all but forgotten the incident as he looks ahead to new horizons. That is, until a letter arrives with deadly purpose.

The unknown bomber raises their ugly head again, and Sterling must gather his most clever and brave allies to stop a series of bombings coordinated around the globe. Only the mad terrorist's cryptic clues offer a hint at the location of each strike. Will the enterprising investigators be able to solve the riddles, find the explosives, and disarm them, all in time? With effort spent on each bomb eating up the clock before the others blow, it's a race against time to save innocents from a madman's game.

Friday, January 20th at 8pm server time: The Simple Joy of Riddles.

(One-shot, puzzle/investigation event. Feel free to just PM me on the server at the time of the event. I'll advertise in game)