Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Searn Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I have been playing World of Warcraft for about two years now. Leveling characters has always been pretty boring for me, (even though I have reached 85 with a few characters...) so I decided to take up Role Playing. Finally, I felt I had found my niche. I had always been infatuated with writing, even term papers, and soon found myself checking up everyday on my in-character friends. Unfortunately, WoW manifested its largest issue: finances. $15 a month simply became too unreachable for an upkeep, so I slashed it from my budget. Now I find myself in search of a suitable private Role Play server, and Conquest of the Horde certainly seems suitable.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I come from America, and my primary speech is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I heard about it through the grapevine. Its popularity grew in school and I always love MMORPGs.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

As previously stated, low finances certainly deteriorated my ability to play the commercial game, so I searched for a short time for the server I felt would fit.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I certainly enjoy involved conversations among a close-knit group of Role Players. This results in strong, consistent character development along with relationships flourishing both in and out of character. I did find myself in the terribly spammed inns of Goldshire every now and then for some nice conversations, but I also enjoy spars with other characters. My characters have all kept their distance from being overpowered (in fact, I RARELY ever won fights in character). Godmodding is my largest pet peeve (don't we all hate it, though? x.x ).

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Races are generally indifferent to me, as well as classes. Although, I do generally find myself relating with the more human-like races more than the monstrous ones, such as Blood Elves, Humans, Dwarves, and Night Elves. My first character will probably be a Female, Blood Elf Paladin since my favorite set of armor in the game is the Warlord's Aegis.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I hope to find a nice community of fun-loving people who will be forgiving whenever I screw up. It will be nice to not see anyone trolling Role Players for a change.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

This is actually a quote from a forum Role Play I joined a while back, but decided to leave. (Sorry about formatting, it'll probably look like crap, just couldn't get the originally formatted one...)

Spoiler:
Prologue

Virginia Legler’s Journal

July 31, 2010;

This memory is still vague, as this incident occurred last night. A few kids who graduated from high school with me (and ironically, everyone who would go to the same college as I) decided to enter a construction site. I protested heavily, not wanting to get in any trouble after graduation, but was heavily outnumbered on the subject. Their reasoning? “What could go wrong: we’ve already graduated, it’s not like they can expel us.” I laugh at that when I think back to it. Anyway, we were exploring trespassing on this construction site when we came across a door that said “DO NOT OPEN.” I audibly groaned when I was the first to realize what this would mean: another law broken. The others weren’t as enthusiastic as I anticipated, but, nonetheless, one of them dared ME to enter it. I simply chuckled and told them how I wouldn’t be lured in by something as insignificant as a dare. They retorted that I was afraid; something that agitated feelings deep within me (see September 1, 1992.) I exploded in rage, throwing a flurry of insults at the speaker. “Whoa, whoa, calm down! It was just a joke!! Sheesh…” He said. (The boy’s name is Joseph, but most people call him Joe.)

Somehow this brought me to my senses, but I still retorted that it wasn’t a very funny joke. “Well,” I said, “why don’t YOU go in? I mean, you seem so adamant about breaking the law…” He hesitated in responding, which allowed another to take his spot, saving him any humiliation. As of today, I don’t remember this one’s name.

“Why don’t we all go in? Anyone not going in will be too afraid; we won’t make them.” Murmurs of approval were sent across the 10 students there. I was one of the few to deny the idea, but was promptly accused of TRULY being afraid. I clenched my fists, gritted my teeth, and walked in, no one had known what I’d been through; I was the bravest of them all…

The room was a pretty average, empty space. Nothing out of the ordinary, but as we walked further into the center of it, a huge light flashed above us. It covered the ceiling of the room, forcing me to shield my eyes. The next thing I remember was a sharp pain that radiated throughout my being. Had we been exposed for trespassing? Was this some sort of test we failed? Thoughts flooded my mind in a split second, and then I fell asleep. I’m reluctant to say I was unconscious, but rather was in a slumber. I vividly remember the nightmare I had that night. In fact, this was a common nightmare: a replay that has haunted me since the day of September 1, 1992.

Once I awoke, I was in my bed again. The calendar read August 1, 2010, the day I planned to leave for college. I rubbed my sleepy eyes, sat up in my bed that had thrashed sheets on it, and walked to the bathroom to wash my face. I tried to remember what happened after that flash, but could only draw a blank. The most terrifying moment of the morning was when I dried my face with my towel and looked at myself in the mirror. I saw my usually green eyes replaced with a dark crimson color, a color I could relate with clearly: the distinct color of blood. My heart must have stopped beating for at least three seconds, then, as if to catch up with the beats it missed, raced a mile a minute. How did this happen? When did this happen? Am I all right? Should I call a doctor? How can I go to school like this? What will Ashlynn think?

Ashlynn’s voice broke my stunned stupor. “Jen! Breakfast is ready!” I slowly walked downstairs, a lump in my throat. Maybe she wouldn’t notice… I think I was a little more stunned at what I saw. Ashlynn sat me in a chair while Ashlynn buttered some toast and plated my breakfast. Yes, that is correct, there were two Ashlynns. How could she act so normal as though nothing happened? Maybe she felt she had to keep calm for me. I raised a finger as my jaw dropped; I was utterly speechless. “Oh? You’re wondering how this happened? Honestly, I have no idea myself! I was cooking breakfast this morning and, after burning your bacon, wished I had more hands… And then she showed up, helping me.” The clone smiled as it was talked about. “She’s not too efficient, but she knows what I’m thinking. It’s pretty amazing, actually. You need to eat up! Today’s the big day!”

Afterwards, we had a conversation about my eyes, about how and why we thought my eyes were crimson and she cloned herself. I received a text message from a friend stating she could jump about 10 feet high and land without hurting herself.

Actually it seems I’m the only one without a power… Just red eyes…

---

Check, and, Mate.

Virginia read the limited class list with her average, disinterested tone.
"Let's see... English. Well, that's a must. I'll be majoring in that..." Her hushed tone hardly gave her 'parent' any ability to hear her. "Science... Never was big on that, but I suppose I should, considering it's usually necessary..." Her voice trailed in and out as the paper crinkled under her grip, "History... I always thought that class was worthless. Programming? Unnecessary for writing. Art, Cooking, also useless. I'll take Math, good skills to use. I'll minor in it in case my--" Ginny hated even considering her authoring career not taking off, but she would need a back-up plan if it did. "Geography, useless..." Her crimson eyes shrunk as she read the next class, "...Power Control?" Did everyone have powers now? It plagued her mind as she entered her new apartment, mother in tow, carrying her limited clothing. Stopping in the doorway, her hand clenched the paper tighter, bringing wrinkles in its thin fibers.

"Ginny, hun, what's wrong?" Her mother's voice broke her stupor.

Blinking out of it, Ginny tossed the temporary daze aside, "Nothing." She replied coldly, "And I distinctly remember commanding you to NOT call me that."

The mother and her physical duplication, Virginia's mother's power, placed a hand on her chest, offended the child she had raised was so disrespectful. Virginia shrugged the glaring mother out of her head and returned her full attention to the class list. She removed a red Sharpie from her pocket and went down the list one more time.

English? Check.
Science? Check.
History? A nearby box was left blank.
Programming?
Art?
Cooking? All were deemed worthless, leaving unmarked boxes.
Math? Check.
Geography? Unnecessary.

Once again, her eyes lay on the final subject, Power Control. She envied those with powers. She seemed to be the only one of the people she knew without them, but something nagged the back of her mind. Maybe her crimson eyes were a sign? Maybe she had some undiscovered ability? She shook her head, dismissing the thoughts from her head, empty hopes. But some unknown force pushed her hand to that paper.

Power Control? Check.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

I hope I get accepted and I can't wait to join your ranks soon! :D
Hello searn, welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

Thanks for the story, and I apologise for the wait.

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me if you have any further queries, and I'll do my best to answer.