Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Jewel's Trades.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Signs are posted up in several areas, mostly around the port cities of Booty Bay and Ratchet. The rest are hung in the horde cities.

Jewel's Trades

Looking for a good time? Liking yourself some good old fashion violence? Tired of your wife nagging you to go out and make some money?

You'll want to give us a shot then.

We've got some slaves ya'see and we're looking to make them pay the debts in which they were sold to us for. A good ol' fashion tournament gonna be followin' with fights to the death.

Make some bets and join us for some weekly fights.

There gonna be food, drinks and lots of blood. Failures gonna be fed to the wolves or sold to the highest bidders.

Jewel be waitin'

The OOC:

These posters are for an on-going event chain of mine focusing first on fights to the death as an intro for the business and will then steam out as a slaver operation. It will be an arena style tournament for those sold off to 'Jewel' and her crew for their families debts. How are players going to be involved in this? Well...

The Slaves:

These are freshly made characters that have been sold or captured as slaves. Old characters can be put in, but it is highly discouraged as there is a good chance they will die. At the end of the event only one of the slaves will be left alive and set free. No magi/Shaman/Warlocks/priest/Druids/DKs allowed. Only physical classes, such as Rogue, Hunters and Warriors are allowed. [Paladins when warrior is not available, though they can't use the light.] Characters from ever race and every gender are allowed and there are only a few set rules about who is made.
  • They were sold into slavery as a result of parents debt as soon as they were deemed able to fight [Aka, at 18]
  • They all have little to no combat training. No magic has been learned by any of the characters yet.
  • Have no experience with any sort of weapon.
  • May have family relations with outside characters, but not suggested.

The fights will go by round elimination. Two characters will fight against each other and the winner gets a rest before their next fight. Losers of the first tournament will die unless someone offers a good sum of money during the battle in order to buy the slave alive. It all depends on the audience. If killed and no one buys the body, the character will be fed to the wolves. [Hence why I want fresh throw-away characters].

When only one slave remains, they are set free. The winning slave is given some gold, a weapon of their choice, cheep armor and a played out back-story for any possible future profile of that character. They will also be offered a management position in the company if they don't full on hate their masters by that point.

The Audience:

You may be thinking about how often there are arena fights in the bay, but how many of them happen to be to the death? If that's not enough for you, then perhaps I can tempt you with...this:

[Image: gold-coins.jpg]

Betting will be a great way to make or lose money during the fights, and the system is rather simple. For all transactions IC currency will be in use. If you don't have the gold to back up your claims it's best to not bet. As most of us only start off with 5 gold, I'll suggest to bet in Silver until funds are raised. How does betting work?

Find 'Jewel' or one of her managers. Tell them who you wish to place a bet on and pay them up-front the amount you wish to bet. At the end of the fight, those who win finds one of the managers and collect their reward. You receive what you placed down as a bet plus half the value rounded down [should the numbers get odd, that is.]. For example:

Someone bets two silver on a gladiator to win a fight. If that fighter wins, you will receive your initial Two silver plus one silver, earning you a total of three silver. [2 initial. 1 being half of two.]. If your fighter loses, you lose the two silver to the company.

Audience members will also be able to buy losers alive should they wish to pay a flat fee of three gold. In that case, before the finishing blow is dealt, a manager will break apart the fight and drag the loser up to the buyer. Corpses are sold for 50 silver if you clean up the mess, 1 gold if you want the mess delivered to you at the end.

There may be raffles and such added in to keep things lively.

Past the first Tourny:

It's not all going to be fights for the death, just the first one as a way to get people involved.

After the start, the company will start to capture slaves and sell them off after arena battles to people looking to buy a body guard or even just to set them free. 'Jewel' does not care so long as money is made. One more bets will be able to be made and the two fighters are sold off to the highest bidders. If they are not sold, they are kept to fight another day.

After each fight, the gladiators are lined up in chains so that everyone can inspect them. You do not have to witness a fight to be able to buy a slave.

More will be posted on this section once the first tournament has passed.

The only sign up needed it to play a slave in the first tournament. There is no limit to how many people can roll a slave. Remember that for this part there is a 50% chance of your character dying in each fight and to roll a character made to die.

To sign up, PM me with the info below:

Quote:Player:
Character Name:
Race:
Class: [Remember, they'd have no official combat training].
How they became a slave: [Their parents could have traded them to pay off a debt or they themselves were a common who owed money, as two examples.]

The slaves:
Spoiler:
Adam 255 - Evelithia
Saiyuu - Lucciola
Drust - Bryan
Anon - Shebaya

Fights will start as soon as there are enough slaves to run the first tournament.
Question; Are Draenei and Undead allowed, due to the Gift of the Naaru and Endless Endurance, respectively?
Both are allowed yes, due to the leaders flawed logic and the fact she doesn't really know that Dreanei are able to all do that, not just priests and paladins, nor would she really care. Undead are allowed verses death knights because all death knights have combat experience, not all undead remember what experience they might have.
Sounds like a fun event, if I do say so myself.
I'm game!
Still looking for more people willing to die! If I get five more we can have a nice sized tourny.
Looking for at least four more people to join in on this!
When will this take place? I'm busy this weekend and it would be a shame to miss out.
There is no set date, as I was waiting for at least four more to sign up before I decided.

I'm giving this a finial bump before I let it die. If there's no interest, there's no interest.