Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: New RP location. (Dun Morogh cave)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was looking around the world, looking for new RP locations like I usually do when i'm bored and I spotted this beauty of a cave right here.

(Spoilered for colossal-sized images)
Spoiler:
[Image: 2dmcuq8.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: 121ab5y.jpg]

Now, this is a cave in the mountains over Ironforge, Dun Morogh. It's for show, as it seems, but it could make a wonderful RP location if the path into the actual mountains was blocked off.
Why blocked off, you may ask. Well, I want it to be a neutral RP area, seeing as there are plenty of snowy mountains in Azeroth which both the horde and the alliance have access to. To prevent players from just going into Ironforge from there, it could be a possibility to just block off the path leading to the mountains and use just the cave.

Regardless, any thoughts?

Uhhh I don't know. It looks interesting, yet I don't find it a great idea.. Dunno.. I'd like to see other people's thoughts about that.

For me a hesitated "+". /nod
The idea is awesum, but it just might be too close to Ironforge?
Perhaps you could show it to me in-game?
... Isn't there a portal to the Ironforge Airport?
But it's only available to Alliance.
I'm not sure the Ironforge airport leads up to there.

As for Kira, I got up there with the help of a GM in order to take screen shots. I'm not sure there's a way to get up there at all for normal players.
There is. I used that cave often in RP ages ago. It isn't easy, but it can be done.
Yea, it can be reached regularly with a slowfall spell. And yea, you can, Adam. I can show you how to get there, if you want. You can also reach a small little Gnomish glade from there, with a slow fall.
Hrm... Then I haven't explored enough!
Regardless, a portal should be placed for convenience, seeing as not every character on the server has slow fall.
Ay. But you can reach it without slowfall from the Ironforge Airport. The gnome glade requires slow fall from anywhere, though. Then you can also reach the Wetlands Dwarven Farm from there.