Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Eye of the Needle [February 2012]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Eye of the Needle

Lack of Interest and shortage of time means I'm setting back the date till February.
You awakened to the sweet smell of flowers and purple light filtered from the glisten of the full moon. A cloudless night falls over an anything less than pristine forest. Obviously Kaldorei in origin.. Relaxation and calmness engulfs you, and tiredness or pain doesn't plague your figure.

..As if you could go on forever without fatigue..

Two months ago I began preparation of my most marvelous work yet. A substance that shall put even the greatest of Tauren or Draenei into a gentle sleep, in which he won't awaken, not even at the removal of his limbs.. How, you ask? How can a man endure this much pain, and not wake up? A mixture of condensed felweed. Silverleaf. Peacebloom, and I.. shalln't reveal the remainders. I must protect my designs after all. You understand. A toxin created to induce a perpetual wonderland for the mind, in which one will never wake until they become aware. And with the intensity of such a direct intravenous injection, they won't get aware for a very, very long time.. Of course, your experiments wont go unnoticed! Tell me, have you ever had one speak to you in your sleep, and they would integrate that into their dream, seamlessly? Well.. The concept is the same, but ones dreams will turn sour, should you tamper too much with them. Constrict work to the absolute necessities.

Our subjects are ready, and at the assistance of a reliable shadow user, we shall administer our first control group test, causing a mass hallucination, a mass dream, for careful study and analysis.. Let us hope our hard work pays off.. Oh. And.. Do have fun.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is an "Escape the Dungeon" style event in which Apothecary Astrid and her assistants use a diverse group of subjects as a controlled experiment to test a new toxin which, through applications of shadow magic, will cause a mass hallucination and dream effect on their victims once they've been poisoned. They must battle their own minds and Astrids to escape, and their only means of leaving is through accomplishment.. No pain, sound, or light can awaken them.

You character cannot die in this event. Mutilation, death, resurrection and combat will occur throughout the hallucination, however the characters bodies will be unscathed upon awakening, aside from a few pinpricks, possibly shallow cuts and grazes. There will be no major or even mild injuries.

The Event will occur some time late january or early February.(Night of boxing day, So you have plenty of time to play with your christmas presents~) beginning in the Catacombs. The event will begin with a letter, expressly requesting your presence at the Catacombs for the immediate eradication of a possible Lich ritual, which you'll be paid very heavily for(You'll ICly receive this by mail).
________________________________________________________________________________​________________________________________________________________________________​________
WANNA JOIN? Post in this thread or whisper me on Ikrok, Keyus or Astrid!

Quote:Player:
Character Name:
Race:
Class:
________________________________________________________________________________​________________________________________________________________________________​___________________________________________________________
There are 10 Slots remaining!

Quote:Players
________________________________________________________________________________​________________________________________________________________________________​___________________________________________________________
I'd like to come, but I might not be able to due to IRL issues, we will see. :)
Time has been moved back by 4 hours, to 4 PM Server time [GMT-8 US/Pacific]
I've no clue yet if I'll be able to participate yet, but count me as a possibility!
Oh, as much as I'd love to join, I wouldn't be able to know if I could for sure come until the 27th. It looks pretty awesome though.