Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Didrik's introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I am a person in this universe who lives to RP. Even so much that it saved me from suicide. I dream myself away into some other place... Most likely Azeroth. But don't worry about me making any impersonation's of myself and make a snowflake, no no. I always make characters that are very, very different from me.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I hail from the country of Sweden, and because of that my primary language is Swedish.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was actually just forced by a "friend" to play World of Warcraft on Argent Dawn EU (RP Realm) so he could level up 3x times faster. The funny part is how I started to play even when he was not online, and so I met the RP community. I had been roleplaying for over two years on Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Multiplayer (SA-MP), and I had just recently left because I was tired of the extreme realism, IC-OOC mixers and the generally bad people. So I RPed on Argent Dawn for a while... Until the membership period ran out. I was devastated and I was now to think for several days if I should buy retail, and RP on there or just forget it all. That's when a friend of mine stumbles across some WoW roleplaying private server on the 4chan /v/ board. It was totally out of the blue that he sent me it. And to be honest... I've never been so happy in quite some time.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I found CotH by being recommended to join it by two of my "roleplaying friends."

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Social RP, generally. In all honesty I don't really care myself. If my character gets thrown into something I will do it.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Gnome Mage was the first thing I picked, simply put. I like Mage lore, and Gnomes are just wonderful!

What are your expectations of this server?:
I'm one of those people with no expectations what so ever. I have already witnessed that this community is far more friendly than the one I was on previously.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
None in particular. If you ask me, all of them are common sense and most servers have them.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I will complete this later on if I ever decide to become a Grunt. Plus, I prefer things to be roleplayed. To have things happen in-game.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I can see that this is an RP-PvE server that is mostly RP. I don't really understand what the levels, and gold are for. If you somebody could explain that, it would be wonderful.
Hello Didrik, welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

.../v/ recommends us? Really? Fascinating.
The levels are simply to allow you to learn your full range of spells and raid, if you want. Levelling to 80 is purely mechanical, and it's acceptable to remain at level 1 for years. If you really want to.

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me if you have any further queries, and I'll do my best to answer.
/v/ did not recommend you. They "recommended" the other place. It was probably a post about how everyone should gather and troll around on it. I should have made it more apparent, but I come from the other WoW-RP server that everyone seems to leave for CoTH right now.

Thank you for your answer on the question, too.