Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Beaufort Bay / 2nd phase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, we've got a nice new neutral hub we could use. Beaufort Bay from the Tanaris Fever event.

I know it's normally a quest hub, but couldn't we just keep a phase for roleplaying, like how it's done in Ravenholdt MAnor? This would be a nice alternative for typical RP! :D We certainly don't need a ton of NPCs there, of course, perhaps just the buildings kept how they are?

I'm just wondering, and I don't know the outcome of the event or anything..it's just a suggestion, if it doesn't work it's allright.
I believe it's already in the works :)
Sweetness, now I can poke around that area too without the fear of being infected!
Aww, I do not know, I just put ideas and then people just work with them, or something :D
Beaufort Bay is being moved to Phase 2. However, to my knowledge, it will -not- be implemented as a location for RPing. As it was told to me, we are keeping it only in the chance of re-using it for other events and the like.

Things may change, however! But that is in the hands of the Admins.
That's unfortunate. It seems like it could've spawned some interesting RP. I hope the admins reconsider.
Mhm.. Indeed it's a very good RP spot! I've made my first and best RP on the server there, as a new user.
I am sure ill find more and better RP of course, but this one was magnificent. So yeah, let's hope the Admins will reconsider so this place stays there for typical RP. :3
I actually saw little to no roleplay inside the city zone itself. A lot of it was focused to the camps, and we have a lot of camp rp locations.
It was focused in the camps because well...worm zombie horde gonna eatcha.

RPing the rebuilding would be awesome.
It would be a shame to waste as well since there is a well thought out history surrounding the place. It'd be cool to interact with it. Lets not waste all the effort put into it. Can we at least give it a shot?
Yeah, let's give it its chance.......don't put too much effort in it at first, and when it's better, add more as people roleplay more and more and more.
(12-28-2011, 09:59 AM)Holynexus Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, let's give it its chance.......don't put too much effort in it at first, and when it's better, add more as people roleplay more and more and more.

If enough people like the idea I can make an appeal.

However, settlements like this (Asholme, Azshara, Alcaz, Mimirion...) have been suggested before. Huge waves of public support have gotten behind them, Game Masters have built the area...And then, after a week or so, the area falls into dis-use.

Like I said, it's not in my hands.
It was a great neutral location and got a lot of RP, even when there was no events. People could still be there for a while, host a couple of events and have some fun. I am totally for it!
(01-01-2012, 09:06 PM)Rosencrat Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-28-2011, 09:59 AM)Holynexus Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, let's give it its chance.......don't put too much effort in it at first, and when it's better, add more as people roleplay more and more and more.

If enough people like the idea I can make an appeal.

However, settlements like this (Asholme, Azshara, Alcaz, Mimirion...) have been suggested before. Huge waves of public support have gotten behind them, Game Masters have built the area...And then, after a week or so, the area falls into dis-use.

Like I said, it's not in my hands.

A shame too, because I really liked Asholme.

I think Beaufort can be different because the location seems actually inhabitable for all sorts of characters, adventurers and none alike. Unlike Asholme (in my experience at least), it doesn't suffer as bad of phasing issues. And, well, the layout is very simple, so lag isn't as big an issue.

But, as you said before, it risks dis-use, a sad fact because I really like those areas as RPable options. We'll see, though.
Sounds like some incentive to get people out of Hyjal (and, as some lament, BB) and into these unused area. The world is big, y'all, explore it!
Pages: 1 2 3