Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kurenai lore?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, everyone. I figured that at this point, I really should get around to writing profiles for my more used characters, but as I was writing the history for my Draenei huntress, I came upon a hitch.
You see, my character has been self-righteous to a fault, and was among the more adamant of Draenei to exile the broken from their refugee camps.
And then she finds her friends, particularly some people whom she really admired in the past, among the ranks of the Kurenai, or "redeemed" Broken, and realizes how her holier-than-thou attitude made her lose those most important to her, life lessons blah blah blah. And since then, she's tried to not judge and condemn others and such.

The thing is, I realize that a whole lot of her character hinges on this epiphany caused by the Kurenai, and I have no idea when this happened. How long she's been on this new life path would have a reasonable effect on how I should play her in more personal/emotional/serious circumstances.
Would anyone know a good ballpark estimate for when the Kurenai began trying to mend relations with the Draenei?
The suggestion in the promotional material circa TBC seemed to be that the Kurenai were a fairly recent development. After their exile, Broken were enslaved by the various peoples of Outland, and the Kurenai were simply a large group of those who'd escaped that fate consolidating their forces. The implication was that the faction had formed de facto when they occupied the town of Telaar, which would have been only a few months before the beginning of The Burning Crusade. We're talking something like three or four years ago, then.

It's never specifically clarified anywhere, so you could probably knock back the faction's formation a few more years if it works better with your character. It's one of those flexible areas of lore, I believe.
The kurenai formed as an effort to re-establish relations with the Draenei in Outland, most prevalent in Zangarmarsh and Nagrand. From my understanding, the Draenei did not really get into reappearing in Draenor until after the Second War, so... somewhere in there is a good time. Probably after the Dark Portal to be safe.
Well, when you do the quests revolving the Kurenai, you are the first draenei to approach them (even though there is a t least one normal draenei in the village when you check it out). So Sol's estimate is valid.