Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Kaize Application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well for starters, if you're trying to get to know me, know the broadness of this question hurts my brain... No offense. Uhh, where to start?

In general I know what a situation socially calls for. I know when it's time to fool around and do things for the lulz, and when it's time for serious business. I come from a background of hardcore FPS, RTS, MMORPG, RPG... You name it. I've learned how communities/clans/guilds work and how to be in them. I could tell you all about my personality and how it fits into gaming, but for your sake I'll refrain. You'll come to know me over time, I assure you, but take heart that I am very excited to become a part of CotH so I can resurrect my undying love for (pre-cata) WoW and RPing in it.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I am of complete Russian descent, but I was born in California and English is my primary language.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I began my Warcraft journey when I was a wee lad playing Wacraft 2. I have been playing WoW since the day it was released via my brother. I started on PvP servers for a few years, but curiosity pulled me into an RP server because I had no idea how it would turn out. Little did I know what I had been missing out on! I've RP'd on WoW from 2007 to Cataclysm, and I loved every second. Ever since then I've RP'd on Wacraft 3, EvE online, and a few play-by-post roleplaying forums online. I've even gotten into writing half-finished-oh-my-god-why-did-I-even-start-this books, some fanfiction and some original stuff.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

I found you through about a solid week of scrounging every corner of google. I singled out servers until I finally landed on you as the champion.
Mainly because you try to be very Blizzlike and you seem like you got a solid community here, but this place also just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I've spent most of my RPing time in cities and taverns, but I love all kinds whenever and wherever it's possible. I've been through a lot of fighting RP with other players and during PvE, and as for groups, I'll gladly work in any number.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

All of the alliance races are equally "Oh, that's nice" to me, but I love all of the Horde races for different reasons. Tauren, Troll, Forsaken, and Orc all bring something different to the table. I've had a blast playing all of them, OOC and IC. Tauren for their dormant strength and tribal/spiritual lore and mentality, Forsaken for their enormous potential of direction (before and after plague) and the fact that undead are generally awesome, Orcs for their enormous lore base, code of honor, and bloodlust, and Trolls for being.. Well... Trolls. I could go on and on for each race and what I've done with them, but I won't.

Blood elves are nothing special. In my experience, the people who play them can be users or abusers, and most of them are abusers of their... Euhh.. "beauty".

My favorite classes are (Holy) priests, rogues, warlocks, shamans, and (fire) mages.

...As you can tell I'm a very gray-area oriented type of person... Sorry.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Activity of members, a relatively close community, and a solid RP base. I'm not very picky-choosy about much, but one huge reason I'm signing up here is that you're Blizzlike to a decent level and not completely warping the game like some other servers do.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

I suppose tolerance. I like being with open minded people.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Sure!

Here's a post on an RP forum... I don't exactly have screencaps of ingame roleplaying, so this is the best I can do :P

Ninc advanced, hauling his metal boots into swinging momentum and letting them sink into the dirt. With his first step his right mailed arm was caught behind an object. He glanced backward to see a short, stubby in his opinion, man. He paid no real interest in him and dragged his arm forward back to him, shoving the man over a little bit. He didn't have any intention of apologizing; if anything it would get the guy to start moving. By the gods, he doesn't even have any armor... were his last thoughts before he brought his head back forward to make sure not to hit anybody. The band of people was surprisingly large, and as Ninc took a few glances to his left and right, he took note of their diversity. Not exactly gender diversity, he could only make out one female, (or at least what he thought was a female) but nonetheless he could tell each person came from a different walk of life.

Even less reason to put any ounce of trust into either one he mused. With the trained eye of a guard he could speculate who would be more "honest folk" in the group rather than others, but he was not on a mission to judge the men and... woman... of the group.

Ninc looked up to the looming forest ahead, observing the gargantuan, twisted branches and the mottled shadows they cast upon the ground. If anything, this place would be perfect for a murder, and especially for hiding the body. Trust was the last thing on his list. It was obvious he was a member of the night watch, and even the half-decent assassin would realize this mission would be the perfect opportunity to delve a dagger in his neck.

Ninc mentally shook his head, as to not actually do it and draw attention, not that he wasn't standing out already, being quite tall and in polished, pointed metal armor. He shouldn't dwell on such things, and all that really matters was following in the footsteps of the prince who gave his fiery speech. The rest was to unfold as it will.

Sorry if that was huge.
I could give you a sample of some of the extremely depressing stuff I write, but here's a character sheet for the same forum. Different character

Name:Marcus "Russian" Flint
Personality: He is generally a lighthearted man, despite his ruthlessness and a lust for good, hard violence. He likes to laugh at everything, be it getting shot
in the leg, having the last of the food stock eaten by rats, or seeing a man hanged for looking at someone else funny. Not that he's evil, but he likes to be the light
in a cave of darkness and sadness. He is not afraid of death by any means, and not afraid to risk everything to rob a bank just to prove a point
or afford one whisky, simply because he has a cold confidence in most everything he does. He has a small band of companions, and he trusts no one else, but unlike
most he always looks forward to shaking hands with a stranger. He has a general apathy for the larger matters of life, but in an instant eyes that are wrinkled
with laughter could be the ones looking down a revolver sight. Marcus is void of a moral code, however upholds the standards of chivalry to his friends and the ladies,
...yet not in battle.

Appearance: Not exactly scruffy looking, but Marcus has had his fair share of cuts and bruises, mostly on his face. Most would consider him lanky for all he's been
through at his age, but he's a man who has gotten used to nights of starvation. His skin is a dark tan, scorched by the sun but still holding up, and rather coarse
and dusty.

History: Marcus was born to a western father and a spanish barmaid who owned crops at the time. Itching with his inability to explore the red horizon that taunted
him for his whole life, he stole a plow mule and left at the age of 17. His time as a nomad was rough, and many times he was almost killed, but he survived
by scraping the bottom of the barrell for most of his life, and because of that he doesn't have the best reputation in a lot of the towns, for various reasons.
He almost settled down with a young girl in a very Romeo and Juliet-esque relationship, but it never prospered. He got his nickname, "Russian" or "The Russian" by
winning a round of russian roullette with a man that lasted for 4 hours. In the end, Marcus admitted to only wanting his opponent's hat.
Hello Kaizeschtossen, welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

Thank you for the story, and the profile of Marcus. Interesting read.

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me if you have any further queries, and I'll do my best to answer.