Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Persephone's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Code:
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I have thoroughly enjoyed most of what WoW had to offer. I did some raiding in vanilla WoW, lots of world PvP, and a bit it RP. I have played on a few private servers of different types and regardless of what their rates or "gimmick" was, the one thing I like is the unified sense of community (on some, not all). I don't have a lot of free time to game but I like contributing, whether it be to the server, the community, the guild, or just an event. Sometimes I'm kind of quiet, it takes me a bit to gather all of the details together, but I'll get around to it eventually.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
US-English

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Haha, the first one was pretty cool, but when Tides of Darkness came out, I was in my 2nd year of college and my friends and I totally cracked out on it for like 3 months straight, old school LAN party style. Been a fan ever since.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
Actually, I was here a few years ago, for a short stint. I was having fun getting my character's story line going when, much to my dismay, I had to let go of the internet for a bit during an economic crisis. I don't even know if I said goodbye properly.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I'm terrible at combat. (But I'm determined to get better at it, because I love a good warrior) I do however love events of the ritual/initiation/rites type of thing. I'm not so into ERP, though I admit I joined a creepy Blood Elf guild on retail once knowing it was lots of ERP involved just because it also promised lots of dark cultist ritual stuff. I never made it past initiations. . .I wanted to LOL and take a shower. I prefer to stick to the lore pertaining to whatever game I'm playing. Details are ever so important, like "how can that 'randomspell' be cast by the 'ridiculouslyoverpoweredtimelord' if he's not even from this universe?" bothers me.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
It's a toss up between Tauren and Night Elf for the class. The lore for each of them is so rich and they both have elements in their culture I identify with personally. They both share the Druid element as well. I have a hard time picking a favorite class. RP-I prefer the magic/mystic/caster roles. I freaking love tanking in PvE. . .really.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I try not to have any expectations of anyone or anything. . .I do have some hopes though. I hope there are some cool, imaginative, and friendly people on when I'm on. I hope there are no all-knowing prats dictating what and how rp should occur. I hope I don't say something stupid or so horribly offensive that the powers that be banish me in humiliation.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The bits about conducting yourself in a mature manner and respecting others.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Izebel was seated primly at a large ironwood dining table with her family. A dinner of roasted boar, spice bread stuffing, goretusk livers, westfall potatoes, pumpernickel rolls, and Elwynn pumpkin pie. The fireplace crackled and filled the home with warmth. The mantle displayed relics her father collected from his travels in the realms. He told his children wild stories of how each one was acquired; A dwarven urn, a carved ogre idol, an Elven lamp, and a box of broken arrowheads from the jungles of Stranglethorn. Her father, tall and broad, entered the room and took his place at the head of the table. He smiled and he brushed his dark hair from his face and complimented his wife on the bounty laid out before him.
If you only knew how much she complains and resents you in your absence.
Her mother, golden haired and beautiful, reminding them all of proper table manners while her older brothers kicked each other under the table. Her sisters sat on either side of her giggling and prattling about as if she weren't even there. Izebel was the only one who sat quietly, pushing her food into seperate piles and mashing them out again.
Must they always carry on so? I want to stab them in their pretty little faces. I wonder if my brothers know just how foolish they are?
"I am lucky to have such fine sons and beautiful daughters." He raised his mug and commenced to eating.
You are lucky to have me at least.
"Izebel, eat some livers dear", her mother said, trying to hide the agitation from her voice but failing. "Surely you won't dissapoint your father, after all, he's only home for a short time".
At this, Izebel shot her mother a cold glance of disdain for a split second then recovered and replied sweetly, "of course not mother, I am just overcome with joy, that is all."
You are the disappointment woman. . .I know the secrets you keep from him. You shame us all.
Her mother gripped her fork and began to chide her for being insolent when Her father interrupted.
"Katarin, don't be so hard on our little Izzy, she's always had a nervous stomach." He motioned for Izebel to come closer. "Come my pet, I'll tell you a little secret. Can you keep a secret?"
If you only knew. . . .
Izebel nodded and rushed to sit in her papa's lap. Though she was nearly thirteen, her small frame and big doe eyes made her appear much younger. Her father, a procurer of relics in the Stormwind Archives and Arcane Mage spent more of his days travelling and filling requests than with his children. He didn't seem to notice that Izebel in particular was no longer a small child and treated her as such, and Izebel gladly obliged and played the part well. She was dark haired, pale and weaker than the other children. A grave illness nearly took her life at five years of age and she never seemed to completely regain a normal healthy constitution. She grew accustomed to others doing things for her and quickly learned how to manipulate situations so that it suited her. She loved the attention from her father most of all. Gaveth Darkstone leaned in close to Izebel's ear and whispered something that caused her to smile brilliantly and look about the room. She caught a brief flash of anger in her mother's eye and looked away quickly.
Suddenly the sound of galloping horses and shouting approached the home. Gaveth stood quickly and started for the door. Her mother and sisters hurried up the stairs, not hesitating to discover what was happening. Her brothers stood vigilant awaiting direction from their father while he greeted one of the riders. Izebel's heart raced and fear gripped her and she stood near the hearth realizing this time something felt very different than when riders had passed through before. The howling of wolves in the distance made the hair on her neck stand on end. She listened intently for any word from the men outside. She caught a few words and phrases, some of it what her mother called "strong language" that only men and degenerates use. The man's speech was hurried and heavily accented but she distinctly heard ". . .orcs. . .blacktooth. . . burning. . .men women and children. . ." She had an image of large green skinned orcs with black teeth burning everything in site.
Izebel ran upstairs, passed her mother and sisters huddled and one of them whining.
By the gods they are useless.
Her eyes fell on the large iron-bound chest in corner of the sitting area. "Father wants us all in the bedroom, hurry now. I'm going to grab some blankets." She lied.
Idiots, what the fel would we need blankets for.
Once they turned the corner she procured a small iron key from around her neck and opened the chest. A bloodstained journal, a pulsating shard, some vials of acid, and a letter from it's coffers and placed them carefully in her pack. She grabbed some blankets from the next bedroom and returned to her sisters and mother. She looked out the window and saw smoke burning far in the distance. She sat and waited, afraid but envigored.
Secret, secret. I know a secret.
Downstairs Gaveth instructed his sons to remain and protect their mother and the girls. One armed with a fine sword and shield from the Dwarven blacksmiths, the other with simple magics taught him by his father and short time as an apprentice under Magister ______.
"If you hear the drums of war, take horses and ride hard and fast to stormwind. We should however, stop them before they cross the river." and with that He road away. Izebel forced back tears as she watched him ride away to an unknown fate. She knew he assisted the armies of various affiliations when needed. She knew he was a powerful and respected mage for a reason, but neither had she seen him in battle nor had it ever been this close to home.
After a few minutes passed, it seemed like hours, all grew quiet and eerily still. Her mother crept slowly down the stairs while her sisters sat and folded paper dolls in the bed. Izebel held vigil at the window, looking for anything. Another few moments passed and her hands grew sweaty, her heart pounded yet she saw and heard nothing. She lingered for a moment watchign her sisters' bobbing golden heads as they giggled and started for the door. Halfway down the stairs she saw her brother lunge forward from the front door. She heard the sounds of blade meeting blade and the hum of magic as she reached the bottom.
I never heard the drums. There was no sound at all. . . rogue.
Running faster towards the back door, frantic to reach the stables Izebel was surprised by a foul smelling, large female orc. She had earthy green skin and wild braided hair with bits of bone and beads woven in. Her breath warm and stinking on Izebel's face as she hissed and growled when her right hand came up, dagger poised to meet Izebel's heart. Izebel tried to dodge but it still met her shoulder. Izebel fell to the ground and heaved at the sick feeling of metal slicing into her body. Izebel pushed herself into the dirt out of the doorway then collapsed. The orc, kicked her once. "Kek." The orc chuckled and moved on.
Izebel was aware and listening, feeling the warm blood gush from her left shoulder area. The pain was in so many places at once she wasn't sure she only suffered one wound. She lay there quiet. . .waiting. There was scuffling, the sound of wolves, larger than she ever could imagine, and the grunting harsh language and it faded. They were gone. They never went upstairs. She relaxed and faded. . .

. . ."Girl. . .little girl. . .can you hear me? She's alive sir!"
Izebel's blurry vision focused on a man's bearded face. She felt intense heat coming from a fire not far from her feet. Her shoulder. . .the orc. . .her sisters. . .her father riding away. She was looking at the house when the man lifted her from the ground. Fire darted from one of the windows and she heard something fall heavily to the ground. She placed her hand protectively on her bag and considered her fate.
"Is there anyone in there? are you alone?"
Let the secrets burn with them.
"I am." she whimpered.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Be seeing you!
Hello Persephone, welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

Thanks for your tale. Be seeing you!

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me if you have any further queries, and I'll do my best to answer.