Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Marty [Parrot] Persistent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Race of character/NPC: Parrot (Hyacinth Macaw)
Class of character/NPC : Rogue (The closest one, obviously)
Name of character/NPC: Marty (This is to be changed, if he gets renamed by possible owner. He wont call himself Marty at any point, dont worry)
Exact modelID: 22902 (WoWHead)
Duration that character will be used: Persistent
Purpose for the character/NPC:
Spoiler:
First of all, I am serious with this, and ready to take on the critic against the choice of the CMC subject. I am aware that it is highly unlikely for this to be accepted, but I thought its worth a try. However, I wish you take this into deep consideration, and I'd enjoy roleplaying a parrot. And I'd be active, there is no problem in that. So, here we go.

The purpose for Marty is to create and enhance roleplay in different locations, mainly around Stranglethorn Vale and other places with such weather conditions. Unlike other beasts and critters, parrots could freely move around populated places, without an owner. Therefore, a parrot, which eventually learns words by listening to conversations, could bring interesting roleplay to regular tavern RP.
Of course, parrots make perfect pets, so one could be owned by someone who would be interested in owning one. And if the owner was to fall inactive, Marty could easily change owner, or be free once again, looking for a new owner.

Also, I could see Marty as a messenger, if trained well by someone needing such an companion, or even a spy, if the character development and training goes far enough.

Location the character/NPC will reside: Just outside Booty Bay, in the nearby trees.

Level requested: 80
Any special equipment needed: None

Story:
Spoiler:
Marty was born in a tree, like most of the Hyacinth Macaws tend to, and eventually lived a normal life of a newborn fledgling, mother bringing and feeding him mainly fruits at first, but then slightly tougher food, like small nuts. He was he was the only fledgling in the nest. Days passed with the same rhythm of waking up, eating and resting over the nights. He was eventually the only fledgling in the nest, as Hyacinth Macaws rarely laid two eggs, or if they did, the second one rarely survived.

When time had passed, it was time for Marty to leave the nest. The first task for him was to learn to fly. Days passed, with her mother trying to feed him and get him to use his wings. Eventually he did learn to fly. It didn't look much like a flying first, basically scared flapping of wings, trying to not fall and bash against the ground.

Time passed, even months passed, and Marty had reached the age of seven months, finally departing from his mother and moving out of the nest, starting his own life. He had been always interested in the people roaming to the bay and out of the bay, flying over them, past them and so on. Marty eventually had learned the way of finding food from himself, and he was doing all fine!
I remember there's a rule saying that all CMC should be humanoids?
Not sure, though!
No, it doesnt need to be a humanoid as long as I know. But, it is unlikely for beasts/critters to be approved. However, Im going to atleast try my luck!
Ha. There is no rule against playing non humanoids. However, a critter CMC is highly unlikely to be approved.

There ain't no reason to let that stop you, however. Keep it going, you crazy dreamer!
(01-03-2012, 11:40 AM)Rosencrat Wrote: [ -> ]Ha. There is no rule against playing non humanoids. However, a critter CMC is highly unlikely to be approved.

There ain't no reason to let that stop you, however. Keep it going, you crazy dreamer!

*Spot Rosencrats answer, freeze in place*

As I stated, I know how impossible this may be, but I just couldn't help but to feed my inspiration with this one, so atleast I've tried! Thanks Ros'!
Archiving for now (player inactive).