Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A Reminder About OOC Conduct
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A new guide has been moved to the Articles and Guides section! A wonderful guide by Fawee called "How to be OOC". To be certain it isn't missed, the text is as follows (with a modification to add in an important comment):

Quote:<Auntie Fawee lumbers over to her rocking chair and eases into it with creaking bones> Well my little Roleplayers, with all the recent events it seemed like a good time to offer some soft reminders of basic respect during RP. Just a few things to remember! ((Shush it's late and I'm eccentric!))

In all seriousness though, not directed at anyone in particular, and stuff you guys already know.. sometimes a reminder is good though as I've seen some people being lax on a few of these points.

~ When using your friend list or server status list to find other RPers, always ensure they are in a situation that welcomes other players to enter upon their scene. Ask first!

~ When observing RP OOCly, always check with the players involved to ensure they don't mind being watched.

~ When observing OOCly with permission, mark yourself as DND: OOC. You can do this by simply typing /dnd ooc .

~ When observing OOCly with permission, be quiet and discreet and do not interrupt the scene.

(TwilightDisciple notes: "Perhaps it should be enforced that doing things such as dancing or riding through and jumping around roleplay scenes do not mean discreet? I hate to seem dour or pendantic, but this has happened a few times. I think people need to be reminded. Cutting through briefly because there's no other way around, I don't mind, but leaping about the RPers or /emoting OOCly is rather mood breaking.")

~ Remember that if you are watching something OOC, you cannot use any information you gained there IC.

~ Once you are watching a scene OOC, you need to stay that way. You cannot decide partway into the scene that you are IC and join in, especially without asking first.

Also!

~ Make sure to monitor your own profile status and vouches. It is your responsibility to let them know you have three vouches and would like to be considered for level 70.

~ Make sure you are eligible to vouch (You are a Grunt) before doing so!

~ Remember to vouch! Don't let great RPers slip by because we forget to check or assume they've been vouched.