Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Gone, But Not Forgotten...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would like to suggest we put in a section on the wiki or elsewhere perhaps that honors the fallen, characters that have died and remain so.

A chance to let even the most unsung hero to be appreciated and remembered by others and enriching the whole experience that much more for everyone. Those that knew the character, loved, hated or met them in passing can draw on this for inspeiation, new players can read it and get a feel for the game world that much more. It could add an addition level of detail and depth that will lend to more care and interest in a character's final chapter and just maybe it will make killing off a character that much more interesting and enticing to leave some permanent if small mark somewhere on the server.
..Oh. I like this idea, sort of a "Hero Graveyard", yes? Something where a person could write a sort of epitaph or speech about a character of theirs that has died?
That's the intent, yep! ^^
Me likey. Me likey lots. :D!
... I love this. So much. :D
+1'd.

We can probably fit it in ourselves (That's the power of the wiki).. But I've become so rusty at it that it may cause itself to implode. I'll have a glance when I'm fully awake, see if I can recall how to mess around with the wiki.. Else I know a little dwarven girl who's just.. A wiki goddess.

Edit; Albeit, I think the whole 'category' stuff requires someone with powers to edit the main page and such.
You called? :3

Professional wiki monkey at your service *bow*

My opinion on this would be to begin categorizing profiles with [[Category:Dead]]. From there people could simply go under the dead category, search for their loved (or hated!) one and leave a little IC memorial in the 'Discussion' tab at the top.
Kril, I didn't knew you were a dwarven girl. :o

Sounds about right though. If you want to add it, by all means! ^.~

.. I suppose for me to participate, I should really.. Get an actual character death instead of killing my chars myself. Hrm..
Whoops ... Missed that part of your post >.>

Freaking small iPhone viewing screen.
I always wanted an in-game graveyard. Especially after I saw the huge graveyard in Stormwind in Cataclysm. I wanted something like that, only that the GMs would assist by putting a plaque or sign of some sort by one of the tombstones with the name of a dead character.

But this is awesome too.
Me gusta.

I support that idea a lot.
A grave made long ago sits in the back of the cemetery, the headstone worn by weather. As you approach you notice that the grave has been forced open and redug multiple times, and right now remains empty still.

The headstone reads 'Astus'

I kid of course Aph. c:

Anyways, I actually think this could be pretty neat, especially if the players get to write their own list of the HIGH ADVENTURES that the character took place in (like as if written by a relative or friend, etc.). I know I'd definitely write one for Barret, and any other characters I'd lose in the future.

The idea of making actual plaques was mentioned, but that'd take a server restart and a whole new object being made to do; I think this is a pretty good alternative![/i]
I'm thrilled that everyone seems to like the idea. ^^
Could always just make it a forum topic.
Hmm.

I think it might be more visible as a forum topic, as well. Wouldn't it?
Pages: 1 2