Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: C.O.T.H: The RP (feedback needed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've proposed this before numerous times yet I've had no response other than an idle nod save for a few days ago. I spoke with a few GM's who thought the idea had promise but wanted to run it passed the staff to present it. I'd like to present the Idea again to the Server. Basically C.O.T.H. would be a server wide guild and story line. When I first joined this server, or really got going with it there were quite a few differences. -Most- changes have been for the better. .addrp, .Lo rp commands, the plethera of RP locations and zones. More freedom and a lot more things that we can do. It also seems to an extent that the GM's are more open to player ideas. However we have a majority of people in Hyjal. Which honestly frustrated the @#$( out of me like you wouldn't believe but instead of trolling I sat one day and thought. -Why- are people in Hyjal? Before the issue was somewhat the same. Instead of long drawn out posts about Hyjal it was more about GTFO BOOTY BAY/RATCHET now...I kind of wish Ratchet had more RP and I'll go to Booty Bay just for something to do. My Point isn't negative, the reason in my opinion why people get on Hyjal is because a lot of us are friends. We don't mind passing the time on our toons, talking about them, lulzing or just hanging out. Some people there also wish to RP but have no RP to jump into, as most RP that isn't in a goblin town is a pair or small group in a storyline specific or context sensitive situation that anyone just couldn't pop up at, and if they did it'd ruin the weight and depth for characters already established.

So... Wtf Am I talking about? There was an old guild the server had called Conquest of The Horde which I think was for Kretol and Co, but it really made me want to be a part of it. I also think that a reason we're in Hyjal is some of us are up for RP but don't know anyone online, or don't have characters that interact or would mesh. With the CoTH guild, every player could have an alt in this unit, or guild so we could RP together even with people we didn't know.

This would be obviously Horde Specific. Don't like horde, Tough. Kretol does and you play on his server, roll one for gratuitous purposes you may like it! But Just because its horde only doesn't mean we wont interact with our own characters. We're horde, so we will/can have issues with Alliance guilds, or factions. Or maybe our Actions butterfly effect to alliance players and alts who wish to have a significant reaction to the RP.

This would be cool for GM's to get involved too, I've always enjoyed a cast of antagonists, and heroes. It would be nice for GMs -and- players to fill these rolls. Perhaps Villains developed or antagonists to our group, (alliance members, Slavers, Demons, w/e ) This could help us with order and simultaneously free fall events. One thing I liked about Rosencrats Tanaris Fever event was one event split up into three directions where you could Fight if that was your thing with Hawk or do some investigation , intrigue scooby doo type shiz with Immy or idly remain around Rosencrat's mayor.

This would make the RP Versitile, and still keep us together. Say Hawk's villian has a tower in Arathai and is starting shiz, and Nexi's villian is in Netherstorm, Hero Immy, and Hero played by some player. Bovel, or Zarquon for example could lead or direct a group to either choice, or Path. Another thing that has changed in my opinion unfortunately for the worst is the lack of Server wide storylines. That was a big part missing from the server. It brought unity and brought us together by the movement of actions on the server. See Sin'Sholai. Now its, Lich Kings dead, do wtf you want... *BUT DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!* so were kind of like O.o In limbo and nothing will move on the server unless we do it. Or a few Gms that will have a storyline that will effect a certain group of people.

With a server storyline it could effect and change our stories just by butterfly effect. For instance. Say Grakor makes a human navy admiral that wishes to enslave Orcs once more. This would raise tension of Inter-faction friendships, create hostility and possibly a few skirmishes. Even if you aren't an orc it would effect you. I also think large group ( server wide ) we could do epic shiz and legitimately get away with it. YOU CAnt fight that Monst- -.- there's 50 people here. ".....Alright." Also I think there would be a good way to meet each other again. You could make new people you enjoy RPing with if we all had a set reason to RP with each other. Or if there was no RP you and another idle stranger could hop on your 'CoTH Alts' and you could start RP.

We'd need a hub, which I suggest that bad ass giant horde Zeppelin tricked out with shineys. But thats just me. /shrug

tl:dr

Server guild, based on Title of said server.

Horde based, everyone joins at least an alt.

Effects server, runs on storyline events, multiple avenues for multiple types of RP.

Cut down on Idle times ( for those who wish to RP and have no one they know to RP with. Hop on a 'CoTH alt' )

Story driven by GM's -and- Players.

Horde for Kretol!

Would effect your alliance mains, and Horde mains unaffiliated with the guild.

Bring server together since we have a community or w/e.

Meet new people, get out of comfort Zones.

Also pros and cons. Please respond interested or not, and why or why not please. All criticism that is constructive is welcome.
So many chars, can't decide which I'd like to place in %D
Lmao That'd be awesome. I'd like to see people actually post some things as well besies just voting. If you don't like the idea why Not? An if you do, why is it something you feel the server could use?
We needs a classic Horde guild ^^
I do suppose the server may need some sort of a centralizing force. Not like, a guild that everyone -has- to be a part of, but something like this. Something wherein every action has a reaction among everyone else. An optional thing, but a way to involve any player who wants to be involved in a server-wide RP.
I think this idea is spiffy. Sachiko leaves her support in the form of a belf alt for entry in said guild if it's made.
Yeah I wasn't saying this was mandatory. But just an option to bring us all together. And Maybe we could even get Kretol some RP he likes on his own server! Though I can't speak for Kretol because I don't know him like that but I hear he likes Orcs? Is that safe to say.

Also maybe the guild doesn't have to be a horde guild then, but a cross faction union of friends seems way lamer than naming a guild after what the guild is named.
This could be worked into Immy's upcoming Path of the Horde event line. Not sure what her plans are, but it could be worked as a result...?
I might daresay suggest that it simply be an OOC tag that anyone can join under. Sort of like... An OOC coalition between folks that anything that anyone within it does affects anyone else under the tag. Make sense?
Yeah I understand. That could work out! It may get confusing with afflicting sides being under the same name. I had that with the original LoN guild when it split. ( like for alliance chars ) and it suffered because one guild was obviously a minority.

I'd prefer the guild to Be IC, because it seems like it would be a lot of just G chat spam.

-However- there is nothing set in stone about this -raw concept- and I am just speaking my opinion like I encourage you all to do. I respect and appreciate the feed back and really would just like people to brain storm to make this work if you don't initially like the idea. I think all our minds and differences under one banner doing things would be a fun experience. There are a lot of you I'd like to RP with but never find the time or entry that both find mutually enjoyable. And perhaps there are players out there who would love RP together for similar interests and just don't know it due to lack of exposure around each other.
This idea has potential. The only issue for me is that I've always hated big events. I really -loathe- them because you can't keep up with what is happening no matter how hard you try. That chat log just goes past with such speed that even Sonic the Hedgehog wonders what the **** just happened.

However, I do I did like the idea of branching events as your example you had. I actually love that idea, so I'm extremely torn here on whether I like it or not. I'm positive it's a great for idea for many people on this server, though.
This idea has potential. The only issue for me is that I've always hated big events. I really -loathe- them because you can't keep up with what is happening no matter how hard you try. That chat log just goes past with such speed that even Sonic the Hedgehog wonders what the **** just happened.

Very...Very...Very @#$%()@ true.

But the idea that I give all credit to Rosencrat could help minamize the large groups. And I'd assume larger RP would be in our hub location, or during the large server events on weekends which would be broken up probably due to time zone and which mini arc we followed ( all speculation ) but something that we would have to keep in mind. Some could lead trust, some could lead roll a lot of ways to cater to differences in our preferences while being united for RP.
Yes, the only reason I'd consider joining this is for Rosencrat's thing to make the groups smaller, but the whole RP group as a whole just as big. It could work.
While this idea looks like it has much potential, I think the concept may be good for Horde, but not so good for Alliance... Unifying the entire Horde side and causing them all to have subtle or open hates and want-to-kills for all the Alliance guys... Being a mainly Alliance RPer, you can see how that would affect my RP.

That's my opinion. Whatev's. /peace

Good day.
True...

But hopefully this would encourage you to maybe roll a new character and join in on the fun. The purpose of the guild wouldn't be to crush Alliance RP but to all Rp together and try to bridge the gap over the many divisions on the server. Preference, Time Zone, Seperate guilds, and storylines. Its not like we could invade Elwynn or anything. But this isn't really made to attack others but to encourage people to join. The characters could do anything from adventure, to whatever interests wish to be. It wouldn't be one linier plot.
Pages: 1 2