Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Conduct on the Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, kidies. It seems we have to say this, again. It's in the rules, but, I've noticed that a lot of people seem to think otherwise.

Conduct on the forums, is expected to be JUST as it is in game. We expect you all to carry through with respect, for your fellow players as well as GM's on here, as this forum is ALSO part of our server.

To be more specific for those of you who want to claim ignorance, or get so specific that you end up mudding the meaning of the word respect, here are a few simple things about forum etiquette I wish to tell you.

1. Do NOT berate other players on here, whether they are a GM, or NOT. This means if Joe Blow ticks you off in game, do not rant about him here. Be MATURE and send us a PM.

2. Topics that have been established became that way through people who put work into said topics. That means, that yes, there are people that care about the music, themesong, ect. threads, and attempting to de-rail it with something that has nothing to do with the topic is rude.

3. If someone has up a profile, it's all good and fine to say that you like it, but if you do it in that topic, it bumps it back, making it take longer for us to check. Instead, PM it to the person.

4. Hand in hand with that, and this includes in any topic, do not tell us GM's to "get on that topic". We read those at our own pace, and try to come up with ways to make it quicker, and having people telling us what to do does nothing but make us angry. Again, AGAIN, we GM's are voulenteers. Which means we have lives, and do things here for fun, and on our own time.

5. In picture threads, it really is unnerving for people to post their pictures in the first place. Those who have posted, it took them a lot of courage to do so. They did NOT do this for the purpose of being hit on, or solicited in ANY kind of way. If we hear of people getting bothered by anyone, or see it in the thread, we will not be happy. It's utterly disgusting.

6. Now, this is a lenient part, as I do beleive people can voice their opinions about GM's whenever they feel, however they feel. We are approachable, and human. But, I will say, we do mostly prefer you to PM your gripes ABOUT us TO us. You don't have to send it to the GM you have a gripe with, and we will take into account that you were being mature about it.

But, again, like I said, if you prefer to make a topic about it, there is nothing wrong with that either, if you can do this on a mature level, which includes giving the GM a chance to explain themselves to get the problem resolved in an adult fashion.

-----------------

Now, as for the innevitable question. Will not following the rules on the forum have the same consequences as in the game? Yes.

And, to answer you all, yes, I am utterly humorless, and I have never laughed at Monty Python, or cracked a smile. I also kick puppies.

Now, I'm done.
In general, if even the tiniest little voice in the back of your mind suggests that you might upset someone with your post, then it will. Don't do it.

I have been utterly disappointed with many people's conduct recently, and I will say that it is a matter that is currently being discussed amongst the GMs quite seriously.
Quite. And we are very serious about these respect issues we've been seeing, in game as well as out of game. If you guys think your not going to get punished for acting like jerks to eachother, don't be surprised when we hand out suspensions. It's getting rediculous, if not tedious.
I'd like to argue number five, I post my pictures to get hit on by creepy old dudes who live in their parents basement. Really gets me going when Beerbelly78 whispers me with what he wants to do to my ear canal and the stains on his sweats that he hasn't changed since puberty.