Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Tierius' Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I have been playing world of warcraft for a few years now, all of them roleplaying. I tend to be fairly active, daily for sure. I like to include others in an 'adventuring' type group RP, something of a band of companions.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I am from the USA, My primary language is English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
It was a few years back when my interest first sparked. I've always been a fan of fantasy and role-playing games. Warcraft gets me into an element that is other worldly, almost like i get sucked into another universe of infinite potential. Roleplaying on Warcraft began way before any expansions what some people would call 'vanilla' WoW. I played on Blizzards servers up until WotLK, but grew distant from the game due to RL issues. I discovered private servers surfing around, but i couldnt find one that had the indepth role-playing i am accustomed to and love so much, until now. I hope this role playing community is as promising as it looks.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I found this site via google surfing and reading reviews around the web on the 'best rp servers'. I prefer this server to others due to the fact that there is a pre-screening so i envision a community with immaturity and godmodding stripped from the gaming experience, something even blizzard couldnt manage if they tried. Im sure everyone in the community appreciates you taking the time to make sure that their gaming experience isnt ruined by trolls, spammers or just annoying inexperienced newcomers. Im not saying being new is a bad thing, but being unknowledgeable of lore and not taking the time to read up on it. I look forward to hopefully seeing you all soon, IC.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy a variety of roleplaying styles. I believe that most aspects should be utilized to enjoy a full spectrum of the gaming experience.A hero must have his rest am i right? Of course theres lonely nights to drink a tankard or two of some fine ale with companions. I couldnt place myself into one genre of roleplay because i enjoy them all. If i had to select a certain 'branch' of roleplaying, it would have to be IC instances/raiding. Makes it seem like theres something worth fighting for, especially raids with lore characters. It's nice to know the history of your opponent and know you are a facing a battlehardened foe, an enemy of azeroth and her people.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite Race/Class would have to be a Dwarven Warrior. My playstyle is based around a barbaric 'berzerker' similiar to nordic vikings. I have always had a love for Nordic Mythology/History. Actually it is a part of my religion as i am a follower of this pantheon. I know much of these roots and they are very similiar to the dwarves we've come to know and love through the years on warcraft. The warrior is my favorite class due to the fury they behold in battle.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect a close-knit community of fellow Warcraft loving gamers. I expect a server with maturity at its peak, and drama cut out of the equation (except for IC, What would movies be with no acting?).

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I like the fact that immaturity is cut to a minimum. I have had countless times RPing on retail servers when an immature player comes up and godmod's/trolls. I like how everything is closely monitored, making sure the community is free of interference.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Smoke. The sign of either merry meet or battle and id welcome both humbly. The rising sun began to illuminate the pocket of dense wood i treked, causing the fog to glow for a time before disapating with the blackness of the night before. Cursed lands these are, with trees so dead they appear to be bony. "Blasted League of Adventurers, always sendin m' tah do their dirty work" the thick dwarven accent seemed to float out of the darkness disappearing more by each passing second. "Aye they be gud fer that" I replied, looking over at my battle-clad blood brother. The morning sun seemed to gleem off of the rust and blood aquired through countless battles. "Tierius ya dont think i could get another swallow of yer mead do ya? I got a thirst worthy o' a giant!"

Handing my goatskin of ale to Darvik I couldnt help but notice the dancing of shadows in the corner of my eye, the spirits of darkwood seemingly craving for the night taken from them. The night. Looking down to my foot i begin to remember every moment of the night before, From the shades to the mutated wolves. "We'll never make it ta Stormwind ta catch that damned trolly, still makes m' sick e'erytime i ride the blasted machine!"

"Our findings werent worth the battle Darvik, me leg aint feelin right. Damned spirits got tha best o' me."

Walking into the now safely lit vale, the heros stumbled and limped their way twords the horizon, twords the safety of an inn and the warmth of fresh bread.

IC ending OOC beggining: There are so many ideas coming to my mind i could go on forever but it'd end in a book. Thanks for reading!

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, tierius!Hug
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

If you still have more pressing questions:
  • Please feel free to Private-Message(PM) me or any staff for answers.
  • Ask the players in-game; many are very much willing to help! ^.^
  • Pay our wiki a visit. The CotH-Wiki is a host of much information.
Beyond this, please be sure to read the rules and policies.

I hope you enjoy your stay with us!