Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: DennisAran's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I don't know, I've never been very good at describing myself as I find who I am constantly shifts in my short life. Generally as a player I try my best to stay fair and neutral when faced with conflict, it's better to take one for the good of all and help towards the ultimate goal (having fun, victory, what-have-you) than to get caught up over petty squabbles over unimportant things. I'm not perfect, obviously, I've been known to get hot-headed and fly off at the mouth when pushed in a certain way or just too far, we're all human and we make mistakes. As for my role-play style, I've always try to really feel the character, he has to make sense, not just in a interesting way, but a very real way, a way that makes you see a person under what seems to just be an actor at first. They have feelings, history, and their own reasoning. They have to be as different, yet similar, to me as I am to anyone else. They have to feel alive to me.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?: I am from the United States of America and I speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
A close friend of mine played it a lot when we were younger and as the years rolled by he eventually got me into it.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I was becoming nostalgic about WoW and I regretted never have found any fun role-play and went ahead and began a search for a private server. This is the only place I've gone so far, but from the looks of it I can't find a good reason to look anywhere else.That is if I am accepted.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I have played a few paper/pen RPGs (Dark Heresy, Dungeons and Dragons, some self made things, etc) and have role-played on some games. I can enjoy most role-play but avoid the adult bits. I'm not really here for that, no offense to anyone who is.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Well. That's a tough one for me, I don't really know, I've tried all the different classes and races but I've never been able to just make one a single favorite above all else. I like the Dwarves for their stoic nature and their stereotype for being steadfast allies. However I also like the Orcs for their savage ways, tragic story and warrior hearts. ALSO, I like the Taurens for their Shamanistic wisdom and knowledge matched with their incredible strength and skill. As for Classes. I'd say it's all up for grabs... Except maybe druids and priests. I've just never been a very good healer. Well if I had to choose I would say it's a toss up between Warrior, for their ability to take it and dish it out, Paladins, for their ability to support their allies above all else, Shamans, for their spiritual ways and good mixture of melee and casting if one chooses.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I expect it to be a cut above the rest, not that I've experienced much others besides standard Role-play servers, but never-the-less, it looks well managed, up to date, and occupied frequently.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect is an important part of interacting with others. It is essential to any community that expects to function in a friendly and orderly manner, and if people would watch not to step on people's proverbial shoes then things should flow much smoother than they usually do on a Rp server.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: Empty. Like his stomach. Like his home. Like his heart. Dennis sat with his feet in the water of the small pond, letting his worn pant legs soak in the clear water. Light shone in from the above, slipping in past the dry leaves on the trees, into the opening of the chasm, down past the rough stone stairs circling down and onto Dennis and the water. The light made his short dark hair show it's true earthy brown hue, making the wet hair on his face look almost black in comparison. His, normally, bright blue eyes were bloodshot, as they had been for days... no... weeks? Months? He couldn't remember. He could barely think straight, much less recollect anything from his past. He brought his hand up from his side, placing it over his eyes as he grimaced, struggling to focus, even for a second. All he could think of was pain and hunger. He thought he remembered a time when there were others like him. When there were thoughts and other things. What happened to those things and those people? "Nng-" His entire being screamed in protest, as if punishing him, for not knowing? For almost knowing? He was hungry... So hungry... had to eat, but he couldn't. Never again. Why? He couldn't remember... He can't hurt anyone. He hurt everyone... Is that why they were gone? Yes. It must be. He brought his hand from eyes, bringing it slowly down to his other as he pulled his feet from the water. There it was again. That damned fish. Dennis reached to his large toe and plucked off the strange little sucker-mouthed fish as he had done since as far as his warped mind could remember. Tossing it back into the water, he felt a strange relief. It felt less alone with the fish here in the pond... He looked about the room, before making another realization... He felt something... deep... As his mind drifted off in thought, Dennis slowly fell over on his side, wrapping his arms around himself in his absent, almost catatonic, state. What was that feeling. It was the same feeling he felt when he saw her face. The same feeling when he saw his face. The same feeling when he looked into the pond... When he laid down. When he sat up. When he saw that straggler venture unknowingly into the chasm... When the man called out when he spotted Dennis. When the man got closer. When the man was bleeding from his neck. When the life drained from his eyes from the hole in his neck and into Dennis' mouth. The same feeling. What was it? It was... Empty.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: For future reference, Dennis is not my real name. Or Aran. Or any combination of the two.
Hello Dennisaran, welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

Thanks for the story. Would it be alright if we were to call you Dennis anyway? Den, perhaps. Denny. Denarannis?

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me if you have any further queries, and I'll do my best to answer.