Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: My Introduction.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I started living in a red shack with my parents near a waterfall with no possible future other than starving, and I am now writing on my mac in my own home. Seventeen years of age and still counting, obviously. I mostly describe myself; Calm, Willed and too Curious.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Since so few people know my birthplace I feel like I should tell a little more about where I come from, rather than just saying the name of the islands.

Hundreds of years ago some monks decided that eighteen islands was the best place to pray and herd sheep. Norse vikings also came along later with the intention of building villages, where they basically decided to stay, becoming fishermen and farmers instead of their usual "hacking" into the world. Monks and Vikings became pals and somewhat merged, beginning their own lifestyle on what is now known as The Faroe Islands. Here we speak common Danish and Faroese which is a evolved mix of some northern languages; Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Icelandic to be exact. This place is actually so unknown to the outer world, that "Faroe" and "Faroese" is a typo on most writing programs. But I know my English. No worries.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got a computer along with a game called World of Warcraft, which my uncle gave to me. He told me "You like fairy tales. This is your game" and I have to admit I was more busy reading quests and adding content to the WoWWIKI than to actually grind, raid and PvP. I joined an RP server because of my urge to tell, hear and see stories and after a good time I had played all other warcraft games, now a player deep into lore. I decided that retail was not the place for true lovers of role play and hence I decided to search if someone had the same point of view. Here I am.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
After a lot of of looking around and spending time on other servers as a internet-gypsy I found this place. I didn't try this server, and yet it caught my interest. The others did well, but I wan't to see better.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
To me there is no "kind" in role playing. I enjoy RP in a whole, not sections of it. Me and a friend of mine has received this question a lot and we state the same reply. "From the thrill-filled Defenders of Darkshire, to the Tavern Talkers in the tavern of Theramore, there can be only joy to withhold."

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favorite lore has to be the orcish clans, so naturally I like Orcs. While my favorite combination to that race is shaman, then I do enjoy being a member of the near unexperianced Southern Silver Hand in Stormwind. A Human paladin is always a story-magnet. With that said then a Gnomish Tinker-in-practice always has a laugh in the end. Loads of possibilities, even more to explore.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I look forward to the development of lore which was mentioned on your WIKI.

I expect the respect promised in your rules so I can return it.

I also expect the staff to be neutral in all cases they have to be neutral in. Too many times I have encountered a GM ruining balance in stories and lore because of their own vision, with the means to create them.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Respect to your fellow players and your language filter.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
I'll keep my stories close to my chest for now, and in another thread the writing told this was acceptable. In a months time I shall hand over a poem or a tale to you.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
If I have, I'll ask.
Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

If you haven't already, please make sure to check out our Rules, Policies, FAQs, and Wiki. We also have an area dedicated to guides to help with things from races to classes and everything in between!

Be sure to /join chat when you get in game!

<333

Cressy