Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Dathrin's introduction!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
b]First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:[/b]
Well, to start it off, my name is Brandon! I'm currently a high school student - praying there isn't an age limit, subsequently - and I take boxing in my free time. I actually play SW:TOR as well, but lately I haven't seen any real RP on there, so I'm branching out and back to WoW!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States.
English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I've actually been playing WoW since I was ten, or so. My friend got me into it back then, and here I am!

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
Google search, actually. I've seen your website mentioned frequently, but I've never really checked it out until now.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Tavern, amongst other types. Doesn't really matter, honestly. If it's good, it's good - I'll inevitably enjoy it either way.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Human Rogue.
On retail, when I used to play, I had a character that I absolutely loved. He was a bit on the 'silly' side, but his backstory really got fleshed out; he was by far my most developed character I've RPed.

What are your expectations of this server?:
My expectations is to find good, literate RP.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Honestly, the regulations you have on your IC and OOC chatter (concerning people using OOC in /say, and how it is heavily discouraged) appeals to me. Other servers tend to not care, or even regulate the RP.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
This is actually something I wrote fairly quickly, and it's an advertisement for my guild on SWTOR. So, forgive me if it's not exactly in the WoW-element of things, but it's still a somewhat decent indicator as to how I write: even if this isn't my shining achievement, or my best work. :S
---
A man stood listlessly at the center bar in the Dealer's Den cantina. Bent at the hip, arms criss-crossed over his chest and providing support as he leaned onto the bar counter; no doubt was this man here on business, but the casual aura never seemed to fade from his character. His name was Dathrin - Captain Dathrin Eranor, to be more precise - and he was the head figure for an entire organization known as the Treaty. This particular organization, however, was what made this man so enigmatic. Past the seemingly perpetual sly smirk swirled the rumors and assumptions of what exactly his organization did. Some rumors indicate that he's an Imperial loyalist who wishes to uphold the Treaty of Coruscant simply to spite the Republic. Other, more accurate rumors, indicate that while this captain is indeed a loyalist to the Republic - a privateer, reportedly - he sees the Treaty as the necessary evil the Republic needs to recover from the Sith's brutal assault.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nothing much that I need clarification on, actually.
Hello Dathrin, welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there.

Thanks for the story!

We hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to PM me if you have any further queries, and I'll do my best to answer.