Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Applezone's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

I'm Monique, 18 years old. I mostly play casualy, mostly played on RP servers in the past. I'm online during euro times, but also until 16-17ish CST.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

Netherlands, Dutch but I'm studying IBMS at the moment, which is being taught in English so language isn't a problem.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

The first contact I had was when my ex dragged me into it about 4 years ago. At first it seemed boring but after a while, I found out there was a whole different side behind this game. The dark side, of RP.

I've been on and off playing 6 months and doing something else for 3 months and then having the urge again to meet up with old friends and having a good time on the official servers.

Since about 1 year ago, the official servers were a bit dull for me. I was looking for a new spot, a private server. I hopped on some, made some friends but all of them died eventually so me and a couple of friends consistently moved over from one to another.

The last server I was on died about 5 months ago. I also quit playing back then. But right now, I have the urge again and came across this server and I think, It's one of the most promising ones I've come across.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

Good old google. I was looking for a good RP server to start up again, and maybe meet some old friends that have also landed here. Zallion? Siurocko?

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

What I always liked was after a day of work, to relax, log on and meet up at the Inn where we always met up at that time and see what was going on and join in on other people's stories. It's not so much that I'm actively creating new stories or adventures, but I do like to join in on them and help people out with their stories, creating a sparkling, relaxing, evening of RP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

I have no preference. In my point of view I see all races the same. It's the character you make out of it that decides whether it should have this race or this race.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Solid, no nagging/whining RP'ers respecting every single RP'er on the server with a steady member base and people on the server.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

The death policy. The thing I like about it is very simple, ITS CLEAR. On my previous servers people would moan and b***h when their character got killed in RP and most of the times they would be revived to die within the next hour again..

The clear rules is something I really like about this server, and that was also one of the reasons why I'm submitting this app or introduction.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

A traveler was traveling to Stormwind on a misty day, when he saw a silhouette of a woman, laying next to a road in duskwood. He walked closer and it appeared that this woman was a blood elf. She looked ill. The traveler took the elf on his cart, and drove off to a shet, standing nearby. There he took care of the elf. It seemed that the elf was not recovering at all. But then, all of a sudden she woke up, mumbling something. ''M ... Mana.". The traveler thought it meant nothing, but then he realised what his grandfather told him, when he was still a child, that some blood elves were addicted to mana.

With this knowledge, he went out to the small town of Darkshire and headed to the alchemist. He bought some vials containing mana and headed back to the shet. Once he arrived back he noticed that he forgot to buy some food for the day. The traveler went back to Darkshire but almost halfway there, he saw some figures on the road. He continued on when suddenly he noticed someone behind him. He tried to escape but it was too late. Bandits. "Hand over your valuables!" was shouted by one of the bandits. The poor traveler gave all his gold, but the bandits did not believe him. They smacked him on his face, and punched at him while they searched his cart. Suddenly one of the bandits screams of pain. They all look back and see that an elf has put a sword down the chest of one of the bandits. The scavenging bandits are overcome with fear and decide to make a run for it.

Once the bandits were gone, the elf helps the traveler get up and they head back to the shet. ''How.." mumbles the traveler. "You worry not" says the elf in her best common. They both went to rest for the night. The next morning the traveler woke up, and noticed that the elf was gone. He found a note, saying "Thanks" in a strange handwriting, and on the note, there was a small purse of gold.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Nope.
Hello applezone! My name is Loxmardin, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

A good introduction!

If you haven't already, it couldn't hurt to double check the rules and policies on our very own Wiki-page. If you have any questions, feel free to PM a GM on the forums or search the FAQs, as well as the various guides and helpful topics you'll find about the forums.

Also be sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens once you enter the game for the first time! (On all your characters, preferrably). The former for general communication server-wide, and the second for random silliness!

That said, welcome again! Have fun, enjoy your stay, and merry RPing!

Love,
Loxmardin