Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Telekinesis Motha F- Can I do it!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just curious if its possible or in the realms of possibility. Telekinesis or psionisis or w/e. If so, What classes and to what level? If not, why not? Please lore nazi's lets not be cocky with the answers, just answers, source material please and thank you.
Death Knight: Death Grip.

Priest: Levitate / Cata's Life Grip(Leap of Faith or something of the sort).

Mage: TK. Just what it says on the tin.

Shamans might be able to ask Wind to move things for them with gusts of air.

Druids can alter the weather and create effective storms already. They could Wind it up too.

-Technically-, a Paladin could wrap something in a solid bubble of Light and move the Light around, therefore moving the object inside it as well.

And that's about all I could think of on such short notice.
Quote:Mage: TK. Just what it says on the tin.

...What's that one referring to? :o

I'll say that while there are spells which may cause things to move and the like, I would note that they are quite different from the general idea of telekinesis. None of these methods are quite subtle-- in fact most require channeling or a big purple beam shooting out of your hand. So while there are methods of moving things about I don't believe any method such as telekinesis really exists for WoW.
(02-08-2012, 04:40 PM)flammos200 Wrote: [ -> ]Death Knight: Death Grip.

Priest: Levitate / Cata's Life Grip(Leap of Faith or something of the sort).

Mage: TK. Just what it says on the tin.

Shamans might be able to ask Wind to move things for them with gusts of air.

Druids can alter the weather and create effective storms already. They could Wind it up too.

-Technically-, a Paladin could wrap something in a solid bubble of Light and move the Light around, therefore moving the object inside it as well.

And that's about all I could think of on such short notice.

What she said!

And, so long as you're not playing Professor X.
http://www.wowpedia.org/Qiraji_emperor

Psionics exists, but I'm not certain it'd be wholly useable. It's... Not entirely specific to a class, nor is ther really anything to go off of, other than basically just that.
(02-08-2012, 04:44 PM)Rigley Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Mage: TK. Just what it says on the tin.

...What's that one referring to? :o

I'll say that while there are spells which may cause things to move and the like, I would note that they are quite different from the general idea of telekinesis. None of these methods are quite subtle-- in fact most require channeling or a big purple beam shooting out of your hand. So while there are methods of moving things about I don't believe any method such as telekinesis really exists for WoW.

Telekinesis, Mage Hand, Telekinetic Sphere, Magi enchanting brooms to float, weapons like This, staves like this, dem floaty bits all over Arcane-filled cities like Silvermoon, Dalaran and the like and such.

Oh, and in a worst-case scenario? Just wrap the object in an Arcane field and move that. Like a little Mana-shield. Or in the same way in which Magi move the blocks of ice that they summon and fire over long distances.
What is TK?
(02-08-2012, 04:49 PM)muhaha8 Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.wowpedia.org/Qiraji_emperor

Psionics exists, but I'm not certain it'd be wholly useable. It's... Not entirely specific to a class, nor is ther really anything to go off of, other than basically just that.

I am not certain citing lore figures (especially stuff from a place such as Ahn'Qiraj, with characters of a race and discipline not playable) is the best argument; one could note how Kael'thas was able to make people fly about in one of his boss fights, but in the same vein that's still a lore character performing those moves.
What about the red things that floated around his head? and all the other floating crap in Silvermoon. If its not Telekineses or using the mind per se, is it feasible to levitate, move, propel things with arcane?

Edit: Also I hope this isn't interpreted as rude or snarky.
(02-08-2012, 04:55 PM)Rigley Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-08-2012, 04:49 PM)muhaha8 Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.wowpedia.org/Qiraji_emperor

I am not certain citing lore figures (especially stuff from a place such as Ahn'Qiraj, with characters of a race and discipline not playable) is the best argument; one could note how Kael'thas was able to make people fly about in one of his boss fights, but in the same vein that's still a lore character performing those moves.

I wasn't using that to say it was possible, but it's literally the only reference I find to the word "psionics" when searching wowpedia. In fact, I might say it was more an argument against.

That, and use of Arcane to move things =/= telekinesis. Just sayin'.
Yar, stuff is floating in Silvermoon but I would call that more of a levitation spell or enchantment than any kind of focused and channeled telekinesis-- though it would be somewhat amusing to picture a mage present by every floating flower pot or such to keep it up all day.

Personally I would say it has to do with some kind of enchantment on the object in question; though it is notable that these objects are not quite battle oriented in the slightest, and so on. They are also rather simple; a flower pot being held stationary in one place is different from flinging an object around, even if it were a mage doing so.
(02-08-2012, 04:58 PM)ThePharaoh Wrote: [ -> ]What about the red things that floated around his head? and all the other floating crap in Silvermoon. If its not Telekineses or using the mind per se, is it feasible to levitate, move, propel things with arcane?

Edit: Also I hope this isn't interpreted as rude or snarky.

Telekinesis in the classical sense - I.E. Move stuff with the power of your mind - Is not known to exist in Warcraft.

However, moving things with Arcane, Divine, Unholy, etc. is. The red thingies around his head're arcane-infused. The floating stuff around Silvermoon's kept afloat using the Arcane. Priests Life-grip people with Divine. DeeKays Death-grip people with Unholy(By harnessing the negative energy that binds all matter, yadda yadda). Etc.
Okay, I guess what I'm trying to say is. "Which of these can I do?"

Zariel walks into the office parched, sweat dripping down his cheeks. He extends an arm as it glows with an arcane glow, the same glow surrounds a glass of water. It shakily lifts and hovers to him.

Zariel is knocked back by the diver dood, his head bounces against the wall. He crackles with arcane as broken tiles around him glow and fly at the diving helmet.

Also could one put the same enchantment that is on a flying carpet, on other things?

understand if the answer for the first question is neither. But a guy gotta know.

And Not necessarily the flying carpet enchantment, but an enchantment to move objects. And do they have to inanimate objects?
Well, that tile thing is similar to this?

Control Existing Ice: Reigen infuses arcane into existing ice to allow her to manipulate it. As a result, the existing ice can be twisted for use to the Cryomancer, allowing more AOE spells [such as spiking the ice up under enemies] as well as defensive walls. Does not give control over ice of enemy magi, requires the Aura.

This essentially allows for the charging of objects with the arcane and then using that arcane for manipulation.
(02-08-2012, 05:07 PM)ThePharaoh Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, I guess what I'm trying to say is. "Which of these can I do?"

Zariel walks into the office parched, sweat dripping down his cheeks. He extends an arm as it glows with an arcane glow, the same glow surrounds a glass of water. It shakily lifts and hovers to him.

Zariel is knocked back by the diver dood, his head bounces against the wall. He crackles with arcane as broken tiles around him glow and fly at the diving helmet.

Also could one put the same enchantment that is on a flying carpet, on other things?

-By my count-, all three are possible, provided Zariel is well-versed in Enchantment. But then, I tend to be fairly permissive with Magi, seeing as they twist the laws of physics like nutters already.

Apparently, Kael'thas was -so- good at making stuff move for him, that he made himself an army of cutlery.

" Prince Kael'thas Sunstrider is also considered one of the foremost masters of enchanting in our time. He has not only mastered the creation of potent magical weapons, but the prince has also learned to manipulate these objects remotely, allowing them to fight on their own. This can quickly allow the prince to fight as if he was defended by several skilled guardians even when he is completely by himself. A potent defense, indeed."

So, yeah. It's quite possible to move stuff around. This guy had a group of magic weapons at his command, but he's a Lore-figure, so we'll never get to that magnitude. Just small-scale stuff is fine. I'm fairly sure a mage tossing broken tiles at someone's head isn't anything overpowered.

Same book seems to imply that it was a temporary enchantment that allowed movements. If so, then that's the mechanic by which Magi move stuff. Temporarily imbuing them with the ability to move on command.
Pages: 1 2