Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Nautical Novalights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

So I'm taking a break from the politics of the Novalights and family drama for a second. I'd like to go back to what kind of got the Novalights started that I stayed away from or put aside. And that's adventure! Now I have a better grasp on telling a story, defining a setting and making it so it isn't randomness that's happening. I already know a few characters that will probably be tagging along. But I'd like to get a group of characters who are active and would like to experience fantastical stuff, and grow with characters on the way.

I for sure need a Navigator,

A cook,

possibly a musician ( for fun )

Healer/doctor

and at least one guard, merc ready to beat ass.

I plan on sailing across the seas, treasure hunting, fighting monsters and exploring the world. I am currently looking between two ships. Pirate ship 1 which is pretty much fitted out with living quarters, a kitchen area, dining area, even a wash area and cannons. But since its in duskwallow no flying to boat using mounts. ( but can sitll happen ICly )

Or Northrend ship, which has most of the same features, plus flying. It's less cluttered but takes away a defined kitchen, dining room and the beds are replaced with hammocks. This doesn't need to be a large crew but people who want to go out for fun. Also in the same manner as Clovis' Marines we have a mage who can port people from the boat to the mainland, just in case there are events or RP you'd like to have so you aren't anchored to the boat. ( no pun intended ) THis gives freedom and people are still allowed to participate. I plan on exploring caves, climbing moutains as well as sea front battle Because the boat will land and others will explore.

There is a plotline why they would be traveling so it wouldn't be such rich guy just saying "screw my responsibilities I want to have fun!" but I am canvasing early for interest as the storyline hasn't made it up to this point where the journey has begun but it will soon. So if anyone enjoys char progression, party RP ( DnD party ) combat RP ( roll and trust ) travel, exploration and adventure. Please let me know. I try to accomodate for all those interested, I like telling stories everyone enjoys. I enjoy hearing your feedback, whispers and private messages of enjoying events. Its what I run them for. SO lets begin. Also if you can think of any other position needed for a Boat RP or a char you want to bring let me know!

[Image: the-wow-factor-at-sunset.jpg]
I could toss Krian to this. His excuse will be vacation, or something. As a guard/healer.
Cool! Race/class?
Ah, yes. Blood Elf, Paladin.
I read this title and was -reaaaally- hoping to see a guild picture. With diving hats.
Bijir, troll fishwoman extraordinaire, could probably come on some adventures! She plays the ukulele! Grin2
Aessyra might be fit for this. A newly created Merc of mine. However, has a knowledge of mundane healing and as such, could act as that aswell. Blood Elf, Rogue.

. . . And perhaps to lay previous quarrels aside, hrm?
@ McKnighter Cool, wonderful. I'll be starting an Event thread post, that I'll update similiar to the Novalight v. Seregon event thread. To keep you posted.

@Caravan Interesting, I was hoping you might be interested in bringing in Xanthe since her hunter/tracking skills would be vital to traveling and navigating in wildlife. Plus she's always a wonderful dynamic to have but I'm open to everything, like I said pick whoever you enjoy!

@Rigley, lol Sorry to disappoint you diver dood. I know your busy but I've been trying to ensnair you in RP for quite some time. Last consistent RP we've had I want to say was trapped on an island. You should slide me an alt, diving helmets welcome. Zariel'd be excited.

@Whym. I'm curious if we can get along. We both appear very vocal and adamant about what we believe. May pose a problem in the future, but if you're willing to say @#$( it, I am. I just don't want to us to get banned for cussing each other out one day lol. Jokes aside always open to RP, I can't turn it down or let personal disputes get in the way. If this character is someone you'd be interested in playing and you'd like to participate I'd be an honor to have you sir/ma'am. I appreciate you reaching out.

Edit: Also if we can keep the peace, perhaps you could brush me up on some lore.

To anyone else, Also a good time to jump into the storyline without being over cluttered by backstory. I'd really just like to have some fun here. Novalight family members are always welcome!

(02-10-2012, 07:13 AM)ThePharaoh Wrote: [ -> ]@Caravan Interesting, I was hoping you might be interested in bringing in Xanthe since her hunter/tracking skills would be vital to traveling and navigating in wildlife. Plus she's always a wonderful dynamic to have but I'm open to everything, like I said pick whoever you enjoy!

You know me, always up for playing Xanthe. It'd be nice to put her in a situation for which she's actually prepared and competent in!

(Truth be told, I also worry that Xanthe becomes too cumbersome for the more serious characters. :) I'll play it by ear, then)

Also -- Aww yeah, Whym.Beer
It shall be seen, it shall be seen. But yes, my stubornness shall be lowered, or atleast, I will attempt to do so. "Noone is beyond redemption", as a friend once said, excuses for the previous...incident. Nonetheless, I shall aid with what knowledge I have.

Also - There won't be any SHAAAAAAAAWPING. *snicker*
Most OOC concerns save for Crew list updates can still be in this thread. The Voyage of The Phoenix Dawn thread will be mainly event posts and IC crew posts.