Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Conquest of the Stars: Voyage of the Phoenix Dawn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Spoiler:
This thread is for all information directly for this storyline. Event time and dates, initial information and also a place for IC writing, for those among the crew who wish to add depth to the journey. Key points will be placed here to keep those who aren't available for every event, up to date on things their characters would know.

Conquest of the Stars: Voyage of the Phoenix Dawn

An elf sat high a top a hill, he and his uncle had been hiking for days. The elf was bruised and drenched with sweat, the high altitude always giving a reaffirming chill breeze which caused his clothes and hair to stick to his body. He was used to the cold, and actually preferred colder temperatures. This wasn't about traveling or training, it was about enlightenment. He had in his short time learned much about their family's true purpose. He stood baffled by what he had found out. "How far we have fallen, I understand why you chose me Uncle." He had already sent letters to those he trusted to get things in order. First he needed a boat...

[Image: WoWScrnShot_021012_105011.jpg]

The Phoenix Dawn

The Phoenix Dawn is an old marine ship, retrofitted with reinforced siding for durability. It's sails are quite large, capable of picking up large gusts able to reach high speeds if the conditions are right. The Phoenix Dawn is also equipped with many cannons for defense on either side. It contains a captain's cabin and many beds for the numerous amount of people it can hold. It has a dinning hall, custom wash room and kitchen with enough utensils and supply room for a banquet. Some of the wood is from the trees of Eversong that were knocked down during the attack on Silvermoon. The Phoenix dawn also has a network of Gnomish stealth generators, rendering it invisible for some time. It is most useful in the dark, when evading pursuers.

The ship would be a sight to see, and has room for improvements as well. Perhaps additions will be made into the future. There are runic patters on the deck for casting to summon crew members to her deck. There are talks of runes being added to help fortify the ship with an arcane, and or light barrier. Sufficient number of channelers must be present.

OOC information

This will be the main RP hub. The location on the RP portal is Pirate Ship ( 1 ) There isn't a numerical 1 but its the first one. The ship has an IC wash room, sauna possibly. Dining room, kitchen area, and a crew quarters below deck. Bunk beds and singles for sleeping. There will be a lot of sailing, combating storms and fighting Sea monsters similar to old Greek tales. They will dock to places, or keep the boat safely away and port to land. Usually to go to some Cave, ruins, or something of a similar nature.

There will be combat but it will not be the focus, the focus will be different personalities thrown together and how they adapt and grow. There will be intrigue, antagonist, artifacts to gain and even ways to showcase your characters and have their problems be our problems. Someone hunting your mercenary? They find him/her they find us. Butterfly effect possibilities here. Also my time zone is EST so I think its GMT -5:00 or something. I'm open on the weekends as I hate the cold. Usually available around 12:00pm Server time to 7:00pm server time on weekdays. For events and things. It all revolves around you, who make up...

The Crew

[Image: WoWScrnShot_021012_103859.jpg]

The Crew! This is all of us, the explorers, the mercenaries, the cook(s), Healer(s), Navigator(s), Archaeologists (We'll need some) and shipwrights. This isn't a typical crew where Zariel is a 'captain' because they aren't pirates or marines. Zariel will put his life on the line for everyone as he needs their help to find what he's looking for. Those who aren't friends with Zariel or any other Novalight, would be paid well for there services on the ship. The Novalights would spare no expense to make sure they were sailing with the best. This may induce a loyalty, this may not. It would be obvious who the 'Four Suns' were. Nova Xanthe, Nova Alteryia, Nova Thalion, and Nova Zariel. If anyone were in 'charge' it would be one of these four. But anyone who was perceptive would see the most responsible would be Thalion and Alteryia. Also Why is the Rum Gone? Its not, and probably never will be. If they run out, Zar will port to Dalaran for more. Have fun, drink be merry on the travels, fights are amazing and I love them, but I've realized they're much better when those fighting are connected in some way. Share a story or two with your chars!

Crew List

1. Zariel Novalight - ( Nub, Visionary )
  2. Thalion Novalight - ( Protector, Scout )
  3. Xanthe Novalight - ( Hunter/tracker )
  4. Alteryia Novalight - ( Protector )
  5. Annabelle Greene - ( Healer/engineer/possible cook )
  6. Aessyra Skystrider - ( Mercenary / Fieldmedic )
  7. Aesyn Dawnsworn - ( Medic's aid / Guard )
  8. Cyprien Dawnarrow - ( Mercenary/Guard )
  9. Dandy - ( Noble Guard/Maid )
  10. Krian Duskbinder - (Guardian and Field Medic)

( Please post your character's name and what 'profession' they would have on the ship )

Monsters

[Image: WoWScrnShot_021012_105135.jpg]

We need to fight some monsters! I'd like to get some of the GM's involved, often times you guys are asked to run events and don't get to RP. We'll take care of the storytelling, this time you guys RP. It would be safe to have one of you there though, just so we don't go off the deep end on possible things we can fight. I'd feel better if at least one of you wanted to participate perhaps once and awhile spawn one of the large underwater creatures we'd fight. Any one looking to get into something, or start a new char please consider this even if you don't want to do any spawning or phasing think about joining for the fun.

Lore People this goes out to you, it'd be interesting to know a little background on whats going on in the area, monsters to fight or what abilities they may have. I'd like for at least one or two characters to be lore knowledgeable ICly. The dude who says "Ah...Feralas, years ago the Kaldorei dominated this area. Rumor has it the Highborne have nestled here." Or some interesting crap like that, to captivate the crew who would ICly be ignorant to the area and be helpful as well for storytelling and impromptu events that I or another may throw depending on where we are. The first event will be everyone getting together. Perhaps your character was recruited by one of the four suns, a Novalight representative, or you know them already. Help wanted posters would be put out but not in grungy low income places. These posters would be found where people who were accomplished and moderately successful would see. ( successful at their trade, not wealth. )
Aessyra Skystrider. Mercenary / Fieldmedic.
Aesyn Dawnsworn. Medic's aid / Guard
Dandy here as always as guard and pseudo-maid! She'll be happy now that, in her mind, something's happened (Well, as happy as she can get.)
Cyprien Dawnarrow. Mercenary/Guard
updated. Thinking of holding an event next week. I'll be getting preliminary RP for the crew -all- weekend. So PM me if you'd wish to get started before hand.
[Image: 425_overlooking-ratchet.jpg]

Homecoming

A letter has been received that Zariel is on his way back! It is unknown when his going to return but it is sometime today. Those who have been contracted for the journey are told to head to Ratchet. Their journey may be long, some leaving before others and arriving after. All will assemble for the first time in the neutral goblin town of Ratchet. Here you can drop your belongings onto the boat, be checked in, and go over payment. After the business is done drinks are free on the Novalight tab for all of Phoenix Dawn's crew. Some wish to go see the nobles off as some friends can't tag along. The ship is anchored in the bay, being detailed by elves with black sun tabards. The ship is to leave Sunday afternoon.

OOC

Alright like I said I'd like this to be strong in character development, as that is what we're here for, a rich story. The premise in this would be preliminary RP or a prelude to the sailing. Also to kind of take the voyage as it would be. And not just * poof * we're on a boat! This will be something open to all who have signed up, wish to sign up or are curious on how it will be. RP in Ratchet getting to know each other, assembling, drinking, having fun, maybe arguments before the initial sailing. Which will be tomorrow sometime. This isn't mandatory and there really isn't a set time which is fine because not everybody on the crew would show up at the same time, nor would everybody run into each other very easily. But I'll be on throughout the day so i'll keep things moving. And the 'Four Suns' are fairly active members of coth aside from myself, so perhaps you can shoot one of them a whisper as well if they're in ratchet already.
Krian Duskbinder (Guardian and Field Medic)
Updated!
You're using my Love Boat as your hub?! >:[ I kid, I kid xD

If you need GM help, I offer myself. Not sure as who, though.
Win, I've been trying to track you down for RP. I'd like to use the Pirate Ship 2 since its in northrend but Pirate ship one just has more in it. I'd hate for it to pose as a problem for TLE RP. Also it'd be interesting for whoever you bring as I really haven't had a chance to really RP with you.
(02-11-2012, 02:35 PM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: [ -> ]If you need GM help, I offer myself. Not sure as who, though.

Dino.

Boat full of elves.

Him glaring at Zariel the whole time, daring to look wrong at Anna once.

...Yeah...

Dino shall join so he can experiment on the elves to see how much hot air they keep in their ears.

And if you wish to use Pirate Ship 2, I can spruce it up :)
....I wanna sign Corlmitz up for this just to see what happens. Can I? Orc, merc, amoral gunman. Has experience with seafaring.
Yeah of course! More the merrier!
Pages: 1 2 3