Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Rigley Advertises: Hearthglen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Evening friends!

So as you may remember we had a little event chain not long ago which culminated with the overtaking of the city Hearthglen by the Argent Crusade. Since then I’ve heard some questions such as ‘will there be more Argent events’? And I thought it might be useful to make a little guide into what we have planned for the town.

---EVENTS

We’re actually attempting something different in terms of event organization now with Hearthglen. While we very well may return to the large-scale format used in the previous Argent event chain, we want to take a somewhat smaller and more interactive approach to the commonplace events. The new events run somewhat like this:
-Events will be posted to the Hearthglen Mission Board
-Interested players will gather a group of allies and send a PM to either Krilari or Rigley.
-Work with the aforementioned GMs to schedule a time and day which suits all parties.
-Run the event!

Also notable is that these events will be slightly more ‘free form’—meaning that there will typically be no allied NPC aiding and directing the group. Instead GMs will act as the monsters in encounters and puppet surroundings as the players maneuver about the mission. This allows players to choose their own method of completing an event ICly, and allows much more wiggle room for how the mission can be completed.

I enjoy this model since it allows multiple events to be posted and completed at varying intervals, and allows them to be a bit more personalized since the GM will be working with less of a group, size wise—in this way we can more readily react to players actions and give them a bit more freedom with their problem solving.

I’m personally considering making certain events chain together in a way; meaning completing them might lead to a much grander event later down the line, or so forth. Like disrupting a fledgling cultist revival, or stomping out a new organization of Scourge being cobbled together by the more intelligent and powerful undead in the Plaguelands. Some events may eventually lead outside of the Plaguelands.

---CASUAL RP

Hearthglen is equipped with an tavern, a mage tower, a guard tower and lodgings, a town hall a black smith, stables, a lumbermill and a good few furnished homes (not to mention the expansive Hearthglen Sanctuary). This in and of itself provides with a good hub for casual RP, be it by profession or just as a civilian within the town. However, some possibilities which have been discussed are:

-TOWN COUNCIL
We’ve got a pretty nice town hall, and as was mentioned in a few posts in the past we’re looking to make a player-comprised town council to hold office in the town. The Town Council would basically be a player-driven way to determine missions and the direction of the town, in a sense; one big idea we’ve had is to make use of the ambassadors currently loitering about, having the council debate and decide who to support and who to decline for the good or the city. Different ambassadors might lead to different missions being made available from the mission board. The Town Council might also make decisions such as renovations to buildings in the town or additions in some way or another, which will then be gained through missions determined by the GM team.

-ACADEMIC RP
The mage tower and sanctuary are great places for instructing fledgling adventurers of multiple professions. Essentially the idea in this is to provide both a locale for RP between instructors and students, as well as GM aid for outings and trials for the class. The various areas of Hearthglen and the sanctuary lend themselves to work quite well for congregating students for instruction and training, and can likely house just about any class short of warlock (for obvious reasons).

--------------------------------------------

That concludes my little spill. I’ll provide some links here:

This is the Argent Crusade Guild Forum! All issues related to Hearthglen will likely make their way here. We will likely be conjuring up threads for the above topics as interest rises for them. IC threads will also be encouraged, I’m sure!
http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Forum-...nt-Crusade

This is a link to the Mission Board. It’s easily available from the link above, but never let it be said I did not direct you straight to it!
Reminder: Do not post your application on the Mission Board itself. PM either Krilari or Rigley to work out your time and date!
http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...sion-Board

---WHAT I WANT FROM YOU

Participation! We need more than just GM enthusiasm to keep this RP spot alive. We’d like to get an idea for how everyone feels about the above ideas and concepts, and whether or not they would be willing to pitch into the RP. Almost any character (villains being the exception of course, though they can surely interact) can participate rather easily in the city, so we’d really like to see if we can make this place a lively hub. Post below if you have any interest in the suggested topics, or perhaps throw out suggestions of your own! Like any of my blog posts I will do my best to address each of your ideas.

-Rigley
I'm Krilari and I approve of this message.
I'm Rarity and this is my favorite town in the Plaguelands.
Bruce could totally teach fiar magikz.. He used to do it way back when anywho. :O
[Image: 35n4cq.jpg]

Castor is available for any random RP that might stroll into the city!
I'd love to join in this Rp in some way, either as a student on my irresponsible mage or I can create a character to be a council member.
Baidin is a loyal soldier, so he'll be about for causal RP. I can't say I can host any events, due to my lack of solid free-time.
Reigen is already going to be training a Gnome there, anyone else who wants to have a mage taught is more than welcome to join! Keep in mind though, she won't be teaching any fire skills, so arcane/ice magi would be best.

...Sadly there are no cliffs to toss anyone off of to make them learn slowfall quickly.
(02-13-2012, 09:21 AM)Reigen Wrote: [ -> ]...Sadly there are no cliffs to toss anyone off of to make them learn slowfall quickly.

Plenty of towers.
Glad to see people are into the instructing idea; As a note we'll likely conjure up an application-thingy for schools working in Hearthglen once the Town Council is figured out. Since it seems to have the most interest from those replying, I'm wondering if they should have a separate guild tag or just be part of the Argent Crusade itself. Separate guilds might be a bit easier to organize with, so on; Of course they would all use the Argent subforums.
Aendron can be the most disgruntled teacher of any subject.... Mostly Shadow though. Though he's reluctant to teach the Shadow to others.

Doran will be around for casual RP most of the time though. Afterall, he did join the Argent Crusade...

Leron can do whatever because he's Leron.

But I shall use Hearthglen more. Especially on Doran.
Good that Reigen is covering the Ice/Arcane because Bruce is not that great with those. :P

If Bruce did become an instructor, he would still plan on continuing his "career" with the Crusade and joining any battles he could.
...Wow! One night and we have seven council applications. to be honest I was expecting we might run short!

Thanks a ton fo the enthusiasm towards this. We will likely continue accepting applications until the end of the week, and may start having interviews once Kril and I log on today. If you're interested but don't know where to look check the argent forums link up there!

Thanks again!
NOTE: We are still taking applications for the Hearthglen Council. Those of you who have submitted an application, please try to contact us in-game for an IC interview between your character and the Argent officers. Characters will not be allowed a place on the council without an interview.

We will likely close down applications and interviews by Monday, unless we have not had enough to create a five-man council by this time (though that is doubtful).

Thanks for your support, and we're looking forward to getting this council off the ground! We will likely address the schools after that is done, but feel free to be ICly forming until that point as well.

Also we've had our first Mission Board event tonight, and in my opinion it went rather well! Those who attended please give us feedback of your thoughts of the event, and those who did not attend please keep the events in mind for the future if you are interested! Remember, mission board events run by player's schedules, not the GMs. You have to contact us in order to set one up.