Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: A Strong Hold to Break a Blade.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A Strong Hold to Break a Blade.

[Image: HordeCrest-1-1.jpg]

HORDE EVENT.
Join the Goresight Vanguard in reinforcing the Bladebreaker Stronghold in the barrens, an outpost that has been vacant for too long! All this is about to change as they are tasked to re-establish a foothold, bringing the stronghold back to it’s former glory, and thereby re-establishing Horde supremacy in the Barrens!

This letter was recently received by the Vanguard’s officers:

"Goresight Vanguard.
There have been recent strikes in the south-eastern Barrens on Horde supply routes. An unknown threat assails us, leaving our forces in disarray. We've only recently discovered this due to a coward of a grunt who ran from his enemies instead of dying like a warrior. He will be dealt with.

Regardless. I send this letter to you, Warlady Goresight, as your recent successes in Nagrand have impressed me. You will establish a foothold in the Barrens. One that will ensure none disturb our trade routes again. Until you accomplish this objective, all caravan movement will come to a halt. Time is of the essence.

I expect success. If you fail, I only wish to be informed that you died in the fray. If I should discover that your Vanguard abandoned its post, I will hunt down each and every last one of you that still draw breath. And I will ensure you face punishment for cowardice.

High Warlord Kil'shi Rendtear"

WE MARCH

EVENT TIME/DATE [Server Time]: 14 PM - Thursday the 16th (This week)

Spoiler:
STRENGTH AND HONOR!

Participants: No more than Fifteen (15) players will be allowed to enter the event, as I don’t want to overwhelm myself with managing all that much, as this is my first event.

Please put your name if interested / attending as a response, otherwise, speak up once invites are given out should we not already have 15 attendees on Thursday.

Attending:
Spiky - Teztez
Flammos200 - Elil (Tentative?)
Hawk - Draknir
Loxmardin - Yahzka
Reese - Jum'bwan
Reigen - Erma
Aroes - Tusin

I’ll gladly receive constructive criticism / feedback after my future events (If I want to continue on with this idea)
All races of the horde are welcome, though realize there will be some hostility towards Forsaken and Blood Elves from some of the other races (Nothing life threatening, simply verbal uttering’s of displeasure)
The event (If all goes well) will be the first of many events involving Bladebreaker Stronghold and other spawned Horde outposts, all in an attempt to promote Horde RP, bringing in various aspects of roleplay, other than simple roll combat (Though it will involve –some- deal of roll fighting)

What's 14:00 (As I assume that's what you meant by 14 PM) in your time-zone, Spiky? Much easier to convert that way, in my case.

It sounds fun, to be frank. Also, as far as managing the combat and roll-system, I've learned the hard way that putting players through turn-based roll vs roll combat when over ~6-7 in number can be painfully slow.

My suggestion is, if you get a good number of players(Even up to your maximum of 15), to use a roll threshold system. Basically "Roll over X to <succeed in some action/damage or kill something/avoid being hit>". So you, as DM, can simply count the rolls that managed to be higher than the threshold, and add up the damage. Obviously, more difficult tasks have higher thresholds.

And if it's some singular, heroic action that only one person can do, have the group roll, and give it to the highest. /shrug.

Hope it helps mitigating the craziness of DM-ing. /salute. And the best of luck to you.