Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Hello everyone !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey people! Just wanted to say 'Hello' while im waiting to get approved.
I'm kinda new to RP Servers so if anyone could give me some tips while i wait ? Thanks in advance =)
Hey there, Ultimas! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde.

Make sure to review the rules specific to this server. They're generally very intuitive, but foreknowledge will help you avoid potential problems in the future while interacting with people here on the forums, in-game, on TeamSpeak, or anywhere else!

Always, always, always attempt to use proper grammar and spelling. I know that shorthand is very common these days, but Conquest of the Horde emphasizes the fact that its members write fairly well (which is uncommon of retail servers, unfortunately). You may not be roleplaying on the forums, but it's how people perceive you initially until you officially begin interacting with others in-game.

If you're not familiar with Warcraft's lore, take the opportunity to do some research. You don't need to know everything, but having a general understanding will aid you. Especially when you begin creating your first character and eventually post a profile. You can find information scattered throughout these forums, on our wiki, and on various community sites such as WoWWiki and WoWpedia. WoWInsider has a phenomenal weekly column called All the World's a Stage that is chock-full of roleplaying tips, advice, and recommendations. If there's a particular topic in which you're interested, they've probably covered it at one point or another.

Finally, don't be afraid to ask! Our community can be zealous at times, but we're generally full of good people who love to help. If you have questions, it's almost guaranteed that at least one person has answers!
Well hello to you Piroska aswell.
I have took the time and read the rules before i posted the application to join the server.
I have played on retail for 2 years so i know grammar is not present there =)
I myself know alot about the Warcraft and WoW Lore and started to read the book "Rise of the Lich King".

I will read that collumn you mentioned All the World's a Stage, and that may help me with the roleplaying on this server.

Thanks for your feedback, i appriciate it =)

PS: Your avatar scares me xD

Edit: Just a quick edit, where can i post a small story since i haven't really given the story at the introduction, instead telling that i will post somewhere in the future ?
Once your introduction is approved, it'll appear in the Introductions section of the forums. You can always edit that initial post to add the story or reply to the thread.

An alternative is to post it in the In Character Forum; this is where most of the stories and forums-based roleplay occur. It's important to note, however, that you'll still have to eventually reply to your initial thread anyway because this is where the staff members will look for your story. So if you post it elsewhere, you'll have to provide a link to it.

And, yes, my avatar is a scary woman. I might actually bring her back one day!
Ok, I will reply once it's approved or denied, but the In-caracter thread is unavailable to me. I can't post there but i have access to it. The only thing is i can post something i "glued" together.

I thing only i don't make stories. I improvise along the way. This is something i came up remmembering the Darkmoon and Silithus. It's a paragraph only, I won't post all of it.

Feel free to comment, add any suggestions, or change it if you want.
Any critisizm is allowed !

Zephar Jadestorm

start.
...After handing the money, the fortune teller gazed upon the Crystal Ball, and after a short while, he ache's in great pain,
holding he's head, screaming in agony.
"Are you alright ?" - questioned the frightened Elf.
The Fortune Teller's pain suddenly disapearres. He gazes upon the Elf for a couple of seconds, and realises something.
"You are cursed ! CURSED !" -screams the Fortune Teller again holding he's head.
People outside the Darkmoon caravan start to wonder about the happening inside the trailer.
Suddenly a Goldshire guard enters the vagon, investigating the screaming.
"What is going on here ?" -asks the questionable guard.
"Get him out of here ! THIS INSTANT !" Screams the Fortune Teller.
"First off, calm down sir. You're attracting alot of attencion" -says the guard.
"What have you seen ! I must know !" -the Elf bursts at the Teller.
"Aaah, get him away from me !" -the Teller starts to shout.
"Please I must...".
The Elf tried once again but the guard stops him at that point, removing him from the vagon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"So, what has the "Teller" told ya? Probbably some gibberish i suppose... -says the dwarf, mockingly, while swinging his mug, spilling beer on the floor.
<After few moments>
"I was kicked out of the vagon before I even had the chance to find out" -said the Elf, staring at he's familly pictures.
"Oh, a trouble maker aren't ya ?" -says the dwarf, supprisingly sober.
<The dwarf looks at the Elf, noticing he is looking at he's wifes picture>
<Puts down the mug, and slowly walks off to the Elf>
"I know you're feeling bad cause you didn't find out. But cheer up ! We have alot to do !" -says the Dwarf trying to cheer the Elf up.
"It's just that... I feel like my dreams are somewhat... assosiated with my fammily" -says the Elf touched by his emotions.
<After a moment of silence, the Elf reaches for his pocket, to find a handkerchief, but ends up finding something else, something unknown.>
<He removes the content from his pocket, gazes upon it>
"What is this ?" -said the puzzled Elf.
"That would be a Darkmoon Card. You have to unwrap it first lad. Inside theres a prophecy !" -said the Dwarf cheerfully.
<He opens the package, finding a picture and a card that fall on the floor, first noticing the strange picture>
"What the hell is this monster ? ... It's the creature from my sleep !" -said the Elf frightened.
<The Dwarf reaches to grap the card i realises the meaning of the card>
"Oh boy, this doesn't look good." -said the Dwarf, handing the card to the Elf.
"Darkmoon Card: Death" -says the Elf, somewhat relieved, "Now the dream has some sence, My death is near, in the desert where I lost my kids and wife, so the creature on this picture," -gazes at the picture- "is going to end my life. I might aswell go and ask to get killed. I still can't forget the killers face, a lone Orcm a traveler in the desert oasis, maddened by the bugs and hot weather..."
<The Dwarf stops him there.>
"Did you just realise what you said now, do ya ?" -said the dwarf.
"All these years, never figured it out... Atleast now i have a goal ! To find that pesky Orc and claim my revenge !" Said the Elf full of retribution.
"Easy there lad. If you continue in the way of revenge, you will become savage as the Orc's themself. I don't want to lose ya. And i know, you lost everyone in your fammily, even your parents when the demon destroyed the big tree?" -said the dwarf, ashamed not to know the name of the tree.
"Nordrassil, is the name." -said the Elf, walking off the cabinet.
<After searching the cabinet, the Elf reaches out a shield, sword and thick robes>
"It is time. It is time to start training. My sword is not going to revenge my fammily on it self, isn't it ? -said the maddened Elf.
"I don't like the sound of that. But i got nothing to lose. -said the Dwarf.
"He is my only fammily, or something like fammily. I can't afford to lose him too. -thought the Dwarf while rushing off to grab his gun....
end.