Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: Alfheimen's Introduction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

As a player I like to approach games in several ways, although primarily it's the roleplaying that's important for me. It doesn't have to be a multiplayer game, as I even RP in Skyrim and various other games.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I hail from the vikingish and cold lands of Norway, and as such I speak norwegian!

How did you get into Warcraft?:

I initially got into Warcraft by playing Warcraft 3, of which I still believe to be the best strategy game ever made. I absolutely loved it, and when WoW was announced I just had to get it. It was a prime opportunity to actually RP in a universe that I loved, and didn't hesitate to do so.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):

Well, retail RP isn't the best. Granted it does have some good RP guilds and what not, I went on a endeavor to find a private server that would have quality RP all over. Eventually I heard of a server that was called Conquest of the Horde, and that it had quality RP. And now I'm here.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

The kind of RP I enjoy is fairly varied, and I've been doing it alot. The RP I enjoy the most is probably military RP, of which I've been doing quite abit of lately on retail. But as I said, I enjoy pretty much all RP.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Hum, good question. Probably human paladin or some manner of night elf.

What are your expectations of this server?:

Quality is the first word that comes to mind. I expect quality, yet fun RP, and if I've heard correctly this server isn't lacking in those aspects. This server have been running for awhile, so I'm certain that all the time the COTH team have put into the server have paid off by the plenty.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

Tolerance. I believe that a friendly environment is key to the fun part of RP.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

I read that this could be written later on when I had been around for a while longer, so I'll wait out on this one for now.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Your wiki is fairly detailed, but I've a couple of questions either way;

1; First off, how is the casual RP? Will I be able to walk around in for example Stormwind or any other city and find people just casually interacting?

2; How is the night elven RP? I've rarely been able to get myself into some good night elven RP simply because of the general lack of it on retail.
Hello Alfheimen! My name is Loxmardin, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

1; Well, most of the time, people hang around in the OOC Cavern rather than loiter around the world if there's nothing already going on or a group has moved out in a city somewhere to get something started. So, generally, keep an eye on the /who list to see where people are. If they are somewhere public, you're most often allowed to just go there and get involved. Sometimes it's private RP, but the people in the area will most likely tell you in that case.

2; It's scarce on the large, but people try to gather groups and venture out to get some RP done once in a while.

All in all, our population isn't quite large enough for there to be people out in the world all the time. Most will stand in the OOC Cavern in Hyjal and chat or lounge for one reason or another, so try picking people up there or RP or follow groups as they move out!

If you haven't already, it couldn't hurt to double check the rules and policies on our very own Wiki-page. If you have any questions, feel free to PM a GM on the forums or search the FAQs, as well as the various guides and helpful topics you'll find about the forums.

Also be sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens once you enter the game for the first time! (On all your characters, preferrably). The former for general communication server-wide, and the second for random silliness!

That said, welcome again! Have fun, enjoy your stay, and merry RPing!

Love,
Loxmardin
Greetings, fellow Norwegian, and welcome to CoTH! :D