Conquest of the Horde

Full Version: How do you guys feel about...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
San'layan's infected by the worgen curse that's also a pregnant death knight?

The above is something I saw in Silvermoon on a Blizz RP server and the worst part was that it was so common it didn't bug me anymore. So I'm coming to you guys.

So I'm Censored. Before I go post an intro I got a few questions.

1) How do you guys feel about beginner RPers? I'm not exactly a beginner but due to my old character being the silent type, mixed with the fact that I avoided the main RP hub because of people described above, I'm probably not as practiced as I should be.

2) Any RP-PVP?

3)What are the most played, least played races? I prefer to play something that not everyone else plays.

4) Lastly, I know talking about OOC drug use is taboo, but what about ICly?

Thanks for any help guys. Hope to Roleplay with you guys soon.
(02-19-2012, 11:50 AM)Censored69 Wrote: [ -> ]San'layan's infected by the worgen curse that's also a pregnant death knight?

The above is something I saw in Silvermoon on a Blizz RP server and the worst part was that it was so common it didn't bug me anymore. So I'm coming to you guys.

I think I nearly vomited...
(02-19-2012, 11:50 AM)Censored69 Wrote: [ -> ]So I'm Censored. Before I go post an intro I got a few questions.

1) How do you guys feel about beginner RPers? I'm not exactly a beginner but due to my old character being the silent type, mixed with the fact that I avoided the main RP hub because of people described above, I'm probably not as practiced as I should be.

We take Roleplayers of all walks of life! Whither you be a veteran or simply looking into things, we'll be more than willing to lend a hand!

(02-19-2012, 11:50 AM)Censored69 Wrote: [ -> ]2) Any RP-PVP?

Yes, though most often this takes the form of roll or trust fights, where you emote and use the /roll command in order to determine who hits or not.

(02-19-2012, 11:50 AM)Censored69 Wrote: [ -> ]3)What are the most played, least played races? I prefer to play something that not everyone else plays.

Most played races would most likely be the Humans and Blood Elves, while the least populated seem to be Tauren, Dwarves, maybe draenei (Draenei males, at least).

(02-19-2012, 11:50 AM)Censored69 Wrote: [ -> ]4) Lastly, I know talking about OOC drug use is taboo, but what about ICly?

You're free to use drugs ICly, we simply do not want it brought up OOCly for a myriad of reasons. (Most of which similar as to why we have an adult channel for more... promiscuous things.)

(02-19-2012, 11:50 AM)Censored69 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for any help guys. Hope to Roleplay with you guys soon.

Hope I answered everything to you liking!
1) it's fine as long as you're willing to learn, there's a few people who won't mind helping you out.
2) OOC pvp for RP reason? don't think so. Maybe.
3)dwarf, tauren, gnome.
4)having your character use drugs IC is fine.
Quote:San'layan's infected by the worgen curse that's also a pregnant death knight?

Go on....

Also, welcome to the server. I'd go over your post, but Kril and Vee seem to have handled it to my satisfaction.
Quote:San'layan's infected by the worgen curse that's also a pregnant death knight?

San'layns are not playable on this server due to the power they wield and the general lack of lore surrounding them (although if you're feeling daring, one can make a profile for one as a Custom Model Character application and see if it gets the go-ahead. Unlikely, though).

The worgen curse, despite stemming from kaldorei druids, only appears to transfer to humans in lore, and certainly doesn't transfer to undead creatures like the san'layn even then. Furthermore, we haven't updated to Cata yet, so even human worgen aren't yet playable.

Death Knights, furthermore, are uniformly undead through server policy (based off the starter quests) and are therefore incapable of copulation and reproduction.

Moreover, the kind of person who'd play this sort of character probably wouldn't make it past our applications process.

Does that answer your initial question? Honestly, in my opinion, this server is a safe haven from all that bullcrap.

1) See above.

2) We don't tend to use game mechanics PvP to enact in-character fights, if that's the subject of your question, but as Kril says, we use emote fighting arbitrated via trust or /roll systems to represent combat.

3) Most played? Human, blood elf, easily. Least played are probably dwarf and tauren, as above.

4) Go nuts, so long as it's strictly in-character.
That was quicker than I expected.

Quote:Yes, though most often this takes the form of roll or trust fights, where you emote and use the /roll command in order to determine who hits or not.

Thats too bad but I'm sure I can get used to it.

Quote:Death Knights, furthermore, are uniformly undead through server policy (based off the starter quests) and are therefore incapable of copulation and reproduction.

I knew they couldn't reproduce but when it came to coitus I thought they just had a hard time getting it up? I guess I don't really need to know, even if I did play undead necrophilia is so off limits for me. I'm gonna go work on that intro now.
Player-versus-player combat in the traditional sense doesn't really occur on this server. Part of it is due to limitations resulting from the emulator that would affect in-game combat (not everything works properly, unlike retail) and part of it is because not everyone operates at the same level. Characters are restricted from leveling beyond 50 until they fulfill specific requirements, one of which includes submitting a character profile that is approved by the staff. However, each character is generally accepted to be operating at any proficiency regardless of their level (so a level 1 character could possibly be stronger in any particular field than a level 80 character).

There's probably other factors involved, too. Players don't necessarily come here for PvP or raiding, since this is a fairly strict roleplaying environment. Furthermore, people probably wouldn't like to leave the results of their roleplay to in-game proficiency.

In terms of popular races and the like, the least popular (from an accepted profile standpoint) are:
  • Tauren (28);
  • Gnome (30); and
  • Dwarf (32).

That said, accepted profiles aren't necessarily the full extent of the server since not all characters that are roleplayed actively possess profiles. Furthermore, many times the races that are present on the server at a specific moment are dependent on a number of factors, such as:
  • Guild or event driving interest in a specific race;
  • A conscious effort to push for more roleplay of a race; and
  • Just chance (say, a player logs into an orc and requests orc-related roleplay, which encourages others to dust off orc alts and join in on the fun).